8Jan09.............

Rasta Pasta

Proud Member
its already 8 Jan somewhere else in the world...so here goes the news..

MJ news in review: 8 Jan 09

[SIZE=-2]Contactmusic.com[/SIZE]

Michael Jackson leases in Bel-Air
[SIZE=-1]Los Angeles Times, CA - Jan 6, 2009[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Michael Jackson has leased a Bel-Air mansion for $100000 a month, according to his manager-spokesman Tohme Tohme. The pop icon wanted to be closer to "where ...[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Michael Jackson leases Bel Air mansion [SIZE=-1]MSNBC[/SIZE][/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Michael Jackson moving back to California: report [SIZE=-1]ABC Online[/SIZE][/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Move over Fresh Prince, Michael Jackson is moving to Bel Air [SIZE=-1]Examiner.com[/SIZE][/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Las Vegas Weekly - Singersroom News[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]all 35 news articles »[/SIZE]

Mentionings

[SIZE=-2]Contactmusic.com[/SIZE]

Punters lump on La Toya jackson to win Celebrity Big Brother
[SIZE=-1]Mirror.co.uk, UK - 11 hours ago[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]This follows her performance in Monday's in-house concert when she looked like Michael Jackson, danced like Michael Jackson and sounded like Jesse Jackson. ...[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Jackson's diva demands on Big Brother [SIZE=-1]Times of India[/SIZE][/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Tommy Should Be All White In Big Brother [SIZE=-1]Glasgow Daily Record[/SIZE][/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Celebrity Big Brother Show Attacked By Zombie [SIZE=-1]The Spoof (satire)[/SIZE][/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Channel 4 News - Mirror.co.uk[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]all 129 news articles »[/SIZE]

[SIZE=-1]Westword, CO - 4 hours ago[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]In truth, Ne-Yo and R&B's other reigning king, Usher, are little more than bland, well-dressed Michael Jackson wannabes with good choreographers. ...[/SIZE]

MJ bizniz news
Cledus T. Judd waits on Obama
[SIZE=-1]Country Standard Time - Newton Centre,MA,USA[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Judd has signed a new publishing deal with Sony/ATV Music and Rascal Flatts' Joe Don Rooney's publishing company as a songwriter. ...[/SIZE]

[SIZE=-1][/SIZE]

[SIZE=-1][/SIZE]
Bandier Hails Million-Selling 'Hallelujah'
[SIZE=-1][SIZE=-1]Billboard Business News - New York,NY,USA[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]By Andre Paine, London Sony/ATV Music Publishing chairman and CEO Martin Bandier has spoken of the longevity and current success of "Hallelujah," which is ...[/SIZE]

[/SIZE]Beatles Gamia!
[SIZE=-1]Seven Magazine - London,Greater London,UK[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]... for example), this looks like the first gusts of what Martin Bandier, head of Sony/ATV music publishing, controllers of the Beatles’ copyrights, ...[/SIZE]

MJ Quote of the Day
“The meaning of life is contained in every single expression of life. It is present in the infinity of forms and phenomena that exist in all of creation.”

I have a very positive quote from Michael Jackson's spokesperson that got me all excited that I haven't seen posted yet. :wild:

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/...p2MYgD95IL9M80
Michael Jackson leases pricey Bel Air estate

1 hour ago
LOS ANGELES (AP) — The King of Pop is back — in town, that is.
Michael Jackson has signed a yearlong lease on a mansion in the swanky Bel Air area of the city, a spokesman for the singer said Wednesday.
Jackson has been staying in the estate for about a month, said spokesman Tohme Tohme, who called the property "a little bit more than an average home."
The lease agreement is for $100,000 a month. The home has seven bedrooms, 13 bathrooms and 12 fireplaces.
Jackson, 50, relocated to the city with his three children to be closer to Hollywood and the entertainment industry, said Tohme, promising that "the second half (of his career) will be better than the first." :wild:

"She danced like Michael Jackson ..."that muck! I wonder whether they have really forgotten about Michael's skills by constantly repeating how lousy he is
or whether they all together have decided to make people believe he has no skills at all.

Knock them dead, La Toya!

I have a very positive quote from Michael Jackson's spokesperson that got me all excited that I haven't seen posted yet. :wild:

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/...p2MYgD95IL9M80
Michael Jackson leases pricey Bel Air estate

1 hour ago
LOS ANGELES (AP) — The King of Pop is back — in town, that is.
Michael Jackson has signed a yearlong lease on a mansion in the swanky Bel Air area of the city, a spokesman for the singer said Wednesday.
Jackson has been staying in the estate for about a month, said spokesman Tohme Tohme, who called the property "a little bit more than an average home."
The lease agreement is for $100,000 a month. The home has seven bedrooms, 13 bathrooms and 12 fireplaces.
Jackson, 50, relocated to the city with his three children to be closer to Hollywood and the entertainment industry, said Tohme, promising that "the second half (of his career) will be better than the first." :wild:

To me it is like another "you aint' seen nothing yet" or "the best is yet to come" quote. Nice of him saying that but I have to wait and see.
Nothing is so inpredictible as the world of Michael Jackson.

Stop being judgmental for once and believe in the man's intentions. Enjoy the fact that he is willing to give to us once again!

i hope this news is o.k :) i'm just broed :yes: :) have great day :)

Dorothy's Note:
All has been posted rockstar. Thank you posting the news but you need to read the first thread before you post anything. I have to delete your post since it's just repeating articles and tabloid articles. We don't post tabloid articles here!

Last edited by a moderator:
rockstar;1749194Michael Jackson To Give Paul McCartney His Songs Back Michael Jackson and Paul McCartney used to be friends. They collaborated on that awesome song Say Say Say and the other one said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gWvBXS2t4A[/url]

this is not news, this is stupied tabloid junk, delete this, it was there before and it`s s****t

If he has just signed a one year lease to be nearer the entertainement industry then I doubt very much that we’ll see a new album this year. It sounds to me as though he has just decided to spend this year putting the album together and sound won’t have it finished to late in the year at the earliest, which would mean it won’t be released until 2010. Being an MJ fan is so disappointing and boring most of the time.

http://globalgrind.com/source/johnjo...rejects-obama/

Looks like Michael wasn't feeling comfortable about performing just yet- I just found the news today

The King of Pop was begged to perform by President-elect Obama.

The list of celebrities invited to the Obama inauguration is growing by leaps and bounds, but one name will be conspicuously missing from the line up. Reps for the Obama camp claim Michael Jackson was personally invited by Obama, but turned down the invitation.

Sources tell us that Obama “almost begged Michael” to attend but was unable to convince him. The refusal to attend the inaugaration lead many Obama organizers to speculate that Jackson is indeed ill, and his medical condition won’t allow him to perform to his high standards.

Said one Obama supporter, “Who turns down an invite from President Obama? You gotta’ be on your death bed”

Nevertheless, the show must go on and below are a few performers and celebrities proposed to be in attendance.

In the line-up: Stevie Wonder, Barbra Streisand, and Bruce Springsteen, will headline events around Washington.

The Jonas Brothers and Miley Cyrus will host a teen event sponsored by Disney.

Jay-Z will be the primary Hip Hop representative and also the largest gathering of them all.

Of course, there will be a well-spring of “unofficial” parties, but if you’re like most Americans, you’ll be watching it on TV.

My take on this? I think MJ is a naturally modest person. I don't think he wants to use this inauguration as a way to exploit himself..that that would be shallow for him to do and he wouldn't want it that way. I think we'll see Mr. Jackson when he is good and ready to perform again, when he is as good as he can be, and when the time is exactly right. Although it would be a great way to start doing this...but MJ knows what he's doing. He is a very savvy individual. He knows what's going on..

Stop being judgmental for once and believe in the man's intentions. Enjoy the fact that he is willing to give to us once again!

Really. :lol:

And about that Obama article, if true then wow. I know that me and my mom discussed that by good faith, Mike could perform at the inaguration, but I keep telling her that I don't think he would be there. I want that to be Obama's moment, and nothing that will distract the attention from him. So seeing that article isn't really much of a surprise; still would've been kind and awesome, come to think of it :lol:

LindaC781 said:
Found this on the MAXJAX board...

Looks like Michael wasn't feeling comfortable about performing just yet- I just found the news today

The list of celebrities invited to the Obama inauguration is growing by leaps and bounds, but one name will be conspicuously missing from the line up. Reps for the Obama camp claim Michael Jackson was personally invited by Obama, but turned down the invitation.

Sources tell us that Obama “almost begged Michael” to attend but was unable to convince him. The refusal to attend the inaugaration lead many Obama organizers to speculate that Jackson is indeed ill, and his medical condition won’t allow him to perform to his high standards.

Said one Obama supporter, “Who turns down an invite from President Obama? You gotta’ be on your death bed”

Nevertheless, the show must go on and below are a few performers and celebrities proposed to be in attendance.

In the line-up: Stevie Wonder, Barbra Streisand, and Bruce Springsteen, will headline events around Washington.

The Jonas Brothers and Miley Cyrus will host a teen event sponsored by Disney.

Jay-Z will be the primary Hip Hop representative and also the largest gathering of them all.

Of course, there will be a well-spring of “unofficial” parties, but if you’re like most Americans, you’ll be watching it on TV.

My take on this? I think MJ is a naturally modest person. I don't think he wants to use this inauguration as a way to exploit himself..that that would be shallow for him to do and he wouldn't want it that way. I think we'll see Mr. Jackson when he is good and ready to perform again, when he is as good as he can be, and when the time is exactly right. Although it would be a great way to start doing this...but MJ knows what he's doing. He is a very savvy individual. He knows what's going on..
Thanks for posting that, Linda. Is that reliable source?

Maybe Michael just wants to come out the way he has planned and when he has planned, and this didn't fit to his plans.. who knows but it would've been cool anyway.

I'm a little leery about this article. What type of site is "globalgrind.com?"

Although I know that the Obamas are fans of MJ. They said as much during the campagain when asked about music. They said that they AND their daughters enjoy MJ's music and that the girls like to entertain them by imitating MJ's dance moves. LOL!

Although I know that the Obamas are fans of MJ. They said as much during the campagain when asked about music. They said that they AND their daughters enjoy MJ's music and that the girls like to entertain them by imitating MJ's dance moves. LOL!

Yeah...globalgrind?? What a name!! LOL!! :clapping::wild:

If Michael Jackson really did turn down an opportunity to perform at the Obama inauguration then I truly believe something must be wrong. No singer in their right mind would decline such a great opportunity. The audience would have been in the hundreds of millions all around the world. I think Michael is feeling sick, he might not be dying like some reports suggest but something has to be wrong with him, this isn't the first time he has declined opportunities to perform. I don't like to think such negative things but it only makes sense; Michael has never done a performance since the trial and has never displayed any proof he is still capable of all his dance moves. Its sad to think about and I hope he proves me wrong with a big tour next year, but I am not all that convinced at this time

If Michael Jackson really did turn down an opportunity to perform at the Obama inauguration then I truly believe something must be wrong. No singer in their right mind would decline such a great opportunity. The audience would have been in the hundreds of millions all around the world. I think Michael is feeling sick, he might not be dying like some reports suggest but something has to be wrong with him, this isn't the first time he has declined opportunities to perform. I don't like to think such negative things but it only makes sense; Michael has never done a performance since the trial and has never displayed any proof he is still capable of all his dance moves. Its sad to think about and I hope he proves me wrong with a big tour next year, but I am not all that convinced at this time
First of all MJ can perform WITHOUT doing dance moves. I mean, when he performed for President Clinton, no dance moves were involved.

Aside from the fact that this BIG news comes from a site nobody has ever heard of before. I mean, do you really think that news this big, would be coming from an UNKNOWN website. They have been talking about who will and will not be performing on all of the legitimate news outlets, but nobody has EVER mentioned MJ's name.

I hate to be negative also, but it just amazes me that MJ fan's STILL believe everything they read.

I dont think he's very ill. It could be so many things. He seemed all fine at the recent video clips, but he could have something less intriguing that prevents him from performing at this time. He doesent want the world to see ANYTHING bad from him at such an event. If he's going to perform, he wants to look perfectly well and to be able to do the dance and sing the songs exactly as it should be done.

exspecially on an event like this with obama.

also - if he would act at this event it would be he's first performance in quiet a while, and maybe he's not ready for that yet. Maybe he want to do he's comeback on he's own stage at he's own show. If you know what I meen :)

and i dont think he would begin to move around to be closer to where stuff happens in the entertaintment buissness if he was severely ill.?

I saw this a few days ago, the original source is actually "JohnJohn" which is a gossip site like Perez Hilton, described as "a world-wide online news tabloid delivering original Celebrity Gossip on Hip-Hop News, Hollywood Rumors, and Urban Entertainment."

I really don't believe this one at all.

I saw this a few days ago, the original source is actually "JohnJohn" which is a gossip site like Perez Hilton, described as "a world-wide online news tabloid delivering original Celebrity Gossip on Hip-Hop News, Hollywood Rumors, and Urban Entertainment."

I really don't believe this one at all.

I'm with you TSCM.

And then they have to go all overboard with the "BEGGING" claim. LOL!

If Obama asked MJ to perform, we would have heard about it a long, LONG time ago and whether MJ accepted or declined, we would have heard about it through CNN, MSNBC, FOXNEWS or local news and not some unknown website.

I agree i see tabloid all over that, noone would refuse to do this, even if he didn't perform i'm sure he would go.

Its a moment in History

please don't go there.. based on an article.. we don't know even if its true...

and.. IMO Michael don't need to prove anything..

With the move to L.A. there are going to be rumors all over the place about Michael performing live at the American Idol Season Finale. I don't expect it to happen but expect the rumors.

If he would have released his 3-4 singles that were planned, made the video for Hold My Hand as was promised, and finally release his album, there would be no reason to turn down a performance for the president elect. Now he has to make excuses because he feels that that performance isn't a good platform to start his comeback.

I know the man has a life with kids and everything, but I hate the excitement of hearing about the new album only to have to wait 4 years for it to get released. Either don't say anything at all, or get in the studio and release the album already…

Nice qutoe from thome.

Hope we'll soon get new stuff.

Thanks for the news.

source? How do you know they like MJ?

hi i found this news on goggle

here is website:http://www.google.com/hostednews/ukpress/article/ALeqM5inHCEeu7jI3GAJBkYR-6gaKlIcSQ

Thrilling show for fans of Jackson

Audiences are promised a thrilling night out at a new show celebrating the music of Michael Jackson.

Thriller - Live includes hits from Jackson's hugely successful solo career and his time with family group The Jackson 5.

Ricko Baird, Jackson's former choreographer who dances in the show, said he would not be surprised if Jackson came to see it. He said: "I have a feeling that's a possibility. He's the sort of person who will turn up dressed as a big man with a moustache."

update :) i hope this one is o.k

here is website:http://www.channel4.com/bigbrother/news/newsstory.jsp?id=471&position=17

'Michael Jackson' Visits the House

Another celebrity appears for the paps...

The paps might have thought they were having a bit of an easy day of it since the last person to appear - Tony Blackburn - showed his face a few hours ago. But then it was action stations as the cherry picker brought a new celebrity into view.

Under normal circumstances, if this celebrity appeared, he'd get mobbed. But for Lucy it was like she'd seen it all before. "They've got a Michael Jackson lookalike," she said sounding bored.

Coolio, however, was very excited and sounded not unlike a demented chimp, crying out "oh oh oh, eh eh eh, oo oo oo!"

But no sooner than '*****' had arrived, he moved out of sight again. "Ooh, he's a bit quick isn't he?" laughed Lucy, probably wishing she'd been a little more enthusiastic. Meanwhile LaToya had totally missed the appearance from her 'brother', only peeping her head out of the door after the action had died down.

"Didn't I say Michael Jackson?" shouted Tina, trying to convince everyone that she'd predicted his appearance.

"That wasn't really Michael," said Coolio quietly.

"Of course it wasn't," snapped Lucy.

Honestly, you guys...

If he would have released his 3-4 singles that were planned, made the video for Hold My Hand as was promised, and finally release his album, there would be no reason to turn down a performance for the president elect. Now he has to make excuses because he feels that that performance isn't a good platform to start his comeback.

I know the man has a life with kids and everything, but I hate the excitement of hearing about the new album only to have to wait 4 years for it to get released. Either don't say anything at all, or get in the studio and release the album already…

Well there usually is a 3-5 year gap between MJ albums anyway. So waiting this long for a new MJ album is normal

Back