Does anyone wanna talk about just how savvy MJ is?

LindaC781

Proud Member
I mean, he purchased that Beatles catalog. He's got businesses up the wazoo...and he finds enough money to lease some estate in Los Angeles. Now if that isn't freaking savvy, I don't know what is. I think a lot of people are always underestimating him and his business savvy, that or jealous of him being so smart with his money! What do you think?

Personally, I admire the man so much in this regard. And it's not the money - it's his business acumen. It absolutely astounds me.

Last edited:
He is smart.But not with his money... :lol:

He is smart.But not with his money... :lol:

OH yes he is. He didn't sell Neverland, he just transferred it to a company he has partial stake in. Probably for tax purposes... What else is he not smart with his money? Either he's smart with his money, or he hired himself some damned good lawyers...

I doubt he does all his own finances to be honest. He definitely has some market savvy though.

I doubt he does all his own finances to be honest. He definitely has some market savvy though.

That he does. He is definitely not a Willie Nelson type with his money, that's for damned sure!! I have never heard of any stories of him owing any back-taxes or anything...

I think his lawyers are pretty top-notch. They are to be congratulated too. I don't think they hear this enough either.

He is just as much of a genius in music and dance as he is in business savvy! I sometimes wonder why he doesn't pay off his debt, but we will never know how much money he really has. The problem he has had in the past was simply spending his money too fast on too much stuff. That part of his life seems to have changed a bit; at least since the trial…

Technically, we don't know who does what or how much one has. But I do think he's savvy!!! :yes:

I mean, he purchased that Beatles catalog. He's got businesses up the wazoo...and he finds enough money to lease some estate in Los Angeles. Now if that isn't freaking savvy, I don't know what is. I think a lot of people are always underestimating him and his business savvy, that or jealous of him being so smart with his money! What do you think?

Personally, I admire the man so much in this regard. And it's not the money - it's his business acumen. It absolutely astounds me.

Mr.Jackson is very savvy...he IS a human conglomerate, many are very jealous, the evil ones "almost" accomplished the goal (s)...

BUT...their plan was not as fool proof as they truly thought..!

:angel:psalm 37

Mr.Jackson is very savvy...he IS a human conglomerate, many are very jealous, the evil ones "almost" accomplished the goal (s)...

BUT...their plan was not as fool proof as they truly thought..!

:angel:psalm 37
Yep, you said it Susie. And that is what always astounds me. To be as savvy as he is, and to hire the lawyers he did...takes a lot of know-how...and you cant teach that stuff in school. To have gotten to where he is today without a college degree is pretty impressive. And this is where I think he is most like his dad. Cause his Dad is the same way...

It's really easy to get confused bout his cash. Truth is we will never know the extent of his wealth or debt but if we pluck a figure, say 300 mill and call it debt it's only ever relative to the size of ones assets. I have people ask me all the time about mj and cash and say this...

If you own a house and $50k capital in it but it's worth 300k and you owe the bank 250k plus interest, are you considered broke? The short answer is no. Same for mj, if he has assets worth over $3bill then $300 is only 10% of his worth in debt. On. Top of that, unlike property, mikes assets give him yearly cash returns that automatically pay debt.

So...the outlook for being cash rich in 5 years are prob pretty average, 10 years time? Gangsta rich. The guy has done amazingly well, and he knows it despite lame reports ever 5 mins trying to suggest he is up against it.

Make no mistake some major work has been carried out in the last 4 years, the guys that work for him aren't idiots, they are at the top of their game and get paid very well to sort these things out.

My gut feel is every member here shouldn't have concerns about mjs cash, the media should be shaking in their boots. Just because you don't turn over your financial affairs to forbes so you get an ego boost each year doesn't mean you aren't rolling in it.

Why do we have yet another thread on Michael the business man?
In a quick search I've found 3 other threads in this section already discussing the savvyness of Michael's business mind:
http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=58420

http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=58028

http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=57679

Why do people always need to start new threads to get their opinion across?

I always find these threads highly invasive (aside from the health discussions), it's none of our business how much money Michael has and everything talked about in this thread is mere assumptions.
I agree with rickd's comment here:

My gut feel is every member here shouldn't have concerns about mjs cash, the media should be shaking in their boots. Just because you don't turn over your financial affairs to forbes so you get an ego boost each year doesn't mean you aren't rolling in it.

Forbes hotlist would look very different if everyone had to share their $$$ details with them, trust me on that.

I for one could really careless about how much money, assets Mr.Jackson has..."Money", "Assets" are NOT everything...

I used to have money, assets, and lived a very comfortable life...and to this very day I have absolutely no regrets...I walked away from it all..!

With that in mind...

Those are just things...yes it helps pay the bills...but "things" can not and will not EVER bring you happiness~~~

Therefore,
Savviness is defined as know how, understand, and comprehend...which in the eyes of many is a very intriguing topic...

Money, Assets are a whole nother ball of wax and certainly in a league all of their own..!

Life is way too Precious, and way too short...Not to be happy...

Nothing wrong with being all you can be...just make sure that you are happy doing whatever it is that you do & where ever your choices in life are, have taken you..!

:angel:Knowledge is Growth~~~

Last edited:
I for one could really careless about how much money, assets Mr.Jackson has..."Money", "Assets" are NOT everything...

I used to have money, assets, and lived a very comfortable life...and to this very day I have absolutely no regrets...I walked away from it all..!

With that in mind...

Those are just things...yes it helps pay the bills...but "things" can not and will not EVER bring you happiness~~~

Therefore,
Savviness is defined as know how, understand, and comprehend...which in the eyes of many is a very intriguing topic...

Money, Assets are a whole nother ball of wax and certainly in a league all of their own..!

Life is way too Precious, and way too short...Not to be happy...

Nothing wrong with being all you can be...just make sure that you are happy doing whatever it is that you do & where ever your choices in life are, have taken you..!

:angel:Knowledge is Growth~~~

Amen Susie!! You and I think alike. I could care less about money myself.

The main purpose I put this topic out there was just the simple fact that I am amazed at MJ's business sense. That's it. Nothing about how much cash he has - just how smart he is.:yes:

Why do we have yet another thread on Michael the business man?
In a quick search I've found 3 other threads in this section already discussing the savvyness of Michael's business mind:
http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=58420

http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=58028

http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=57679

Why do people always need to start new threads to get their opinion across?

I always find these threads highly invasive (aside from the health discussions), it's none of our business how much money Michael has and everything talked about in this thread is mere assumptions.
I agree with rickd's comment here:

Forbes hotlist would look very different if everyone had to share their $$$ details with them, trust me on that.

I agree with you. It's just that I am always amazed at Michael's business sense. And that he got that naturally, without a college degree....

I work in finance and I tend to disagree...however, I know that is not a popular point of view so I will keep low..

Amen Susie!! You and I think alike. I could care less about money myself.

The main purpose I put this topic out there was just the simple fact that I am amazed at MJ's business sense. That's it. Nothing about how much cash he has - just how smart he is.:yes:

Mr.Jackson is extremely intelligent...What many seem to forget...while many of us were doing what children do...

He was being "EDUCATED" by, "WORKING" with the "BEST" in the business..!

That is approximately 40 years and counting of education, knowledge, and experience...certainly after all these years he has had to have learned something...don't you think..?

Rock On~~~ :punk:

Last edited:
I work in finance and I tend to disagree...however, I know that is not a popular point of view so I will keep low..

Popular or Not...please feel free to share your point of view (s)...that is what MJJ Community, this thread is all about...

:angel:Communication, Knowledge, and Educationing society is the key to STOP the regeneration of IGNORANCE~~~

Yes. Please tell us your thoughts. I'd love to hear them. Seriously! We shouldn't curb someone else's opinion just because it doesn't jive with our own...

Mr.Jackson is extremely intelligent...What many seem to forget...while many of us were doing what children do...

He was being "EDUCATED" by, "WORKING" with the "BEST" in the business..!

That is approximately 40 years and counting of education, knowledge, and experience...certainly after all these years he has had to have learned something...don't you think..?

Rock On~~~ :punk:
Wouldn't it be cool if he got some honorary business degree from some ivy league school???

Wouldn't it be cool if he got some honorary business degree from some ivy league school???

The exact degree & from who escapes me at the moment...but I believe Mr.Jackson recieved/earned a doctorate degree in Arts & Sciences...

The exact degree & from who escapes me at the moment...but I believe Mr.Jackson recieved/earned a doctorate degree in Arts & Sciences...

I know that..it escapes me too...but his business acumen needs to be celebrated also. He's like your typical CEO. He is involved in all decisions about his businesses...and that is something for someone who didn't go to college - unless he did, and I don't know about it...there are so many things I'd like to know more of about his life so far..:yes:

I would give more credit to the smart people he hired over the years like John Branca and the like. He's got Londell McMillian in his corner right now so he's trusting him with his businesses making sure they work swiftly. If anything Michael is smart in hiring people to help him in investing what he wanted to invest in, he also had some bad business sense. He's good with his business sense but I won't trump it as one of his best, but he's got some savvy, I'll give him that.

I know that..it escapes me too...but his business acumen needs to be celebrated also. He's like your typical CEO. He is involved in all decisions about his businesses...and that is something for someone who didn't go to college - unless he did, and I don't know about it...there are so many things I'd like to know more of about his life so far..:yes:

Since Mr.Jackson is such a huge conglomerate...It seems that everything he touches turns to gold...Therefore, I don't think he makes all the decisions that pertain to his businesses, that would NOT be humanly possible.

However, I do feel that he definately over see's, keeps a much "closer eye" on the more important ones..!

Last edited:
I don't think he makes all the decisions that pertain to his businesses, that would not be possible. However, I do feel that he definately over see's the more important ones..!

Yeah. But I think he has a big hand in a lot of decisions....they have to come to him to get his signature on a lot of stuff.

Yeah. But I think he has a big hand in a lot of decisions....they have to come to him to get his signature on a lot of stuff.

Mmm...not neccessarily...it depends how things are set up legally...

When it comes to business and making money!! There is no one in the music business more shrewed than Michael Jackson!! He makes mistakes yes he's human it happens,but he knows how to bounce back from a downfall,dust off his butt and continue to make more "Money,...." I know I've learned not to ever mess with him when it comes to business he will run a person over practically!! LOL

i wonder if mjj felt so bad about how neverland was tresspassed and trashed on that he lost intrest in it...so he let it go.

In yoda voice:"jealous they are".

Thanks rickd for explaining things easier to understand. I have very little experience (=none) on finance especially when it comes to big money.

Mike is very savvy indeed. He'd be totally broke if he wasn't with all the backstabbers that have been in his life.

IMO Mike's money issues aren't really our concern, we shouldn't worry our little heads with it. But it's good to know that things aren't as bad as some want us to think.

Back