If Michael wants to tour, I think he should do it with Janet

Stranger

Proud Member
Ok, I know you lot are going to be thinking I'm crazy to even suggest it, but the more I think about it, the more it makes sense. Hear me out please!

First of all, I don't say this because I think Janet is more popular or more talented. Of course that's not the case. But there is no denying that she is a fantastic performer (if only an average vocalist imo). You only have to watch her live performances to see how good she is. In fact, at times I find that her choreography is even better than Michael's. (I'm not saying she's a better dancer though!) For example, check out the AMAs performance 1998 of Together again or the Alright now or Miss you much dancing.

So why is it a good idea? Well, if Michael IS slightly nervous about the public response or he's feeling unconfident after so long (which I doubt), she can act as a support. They will have their combined fan base, which should garantee maximum sales. Michael's fans won't care if she's on the concert too, cos we're just desperate to see him live again lol. As for Janet's fans, maybe half of them won't want to pay to see Michael too (maybe), but that's ok because she doesnt need to fill a huge arena on her own. He'll help her with that. See, they can help each other with sales. People may think they are getting two performers for the price of one and go for it!

Also, it would mean that Michael doesnt have to do those "two hour marathons" as he puts it. He wouldn't be under as much pressure. They could take it in turns. He could do one song, then her etc. He would be able to relax during her songs and catch his breath/recharge. They could then end with duets, which would be great for both sets of fans. It could be like a competition lol. It also means he doesnt have to perform as many songs.

It would also be cheaper to produce. They only need one stage, one tour, one security etc. They dont need to book everything twice. They could share musicians, but have their own dancers or whatever.

It would take out the unthinkable stress he could feel. It won't be all about him, but her as well. He clearly loves his sister, even if he doesnt want to perform with his brothers and it could be a great chance to spend time with her for a long period.

Michael always says that he doenst want to repeat the same things again. He wants to create history. Well, performing with Janet is something he has never done, so in that sense, it's soemthing new and original. I'm sure the interest would be enormous as its never been done.

What do you think then?:)

janets just finished a tour or still doing it

^Yeah i know.. obviously I dont think they WILL do it, but i think its an idea

i agree with stanger
if they tour 2gther
it will bosst both of theri careers
it will make janet sales in europe
and will gat michael bck to the stage
i see what ur saying great idea
mabey they can finally do
SCREAM OMG
TRELLMJ

I like this idea, even though they probably wouldn't perform "Scream" live together (I've always wanted to see that happen).

What? No! I want to see Michael alone on the stage. It could be well see together performing Scream, but nothin' else I think.

This is a great idea. Especially, I cannot imagine Scream! :S:S:S

But, in real life, I don't think so...

I sure hope not!

MJ should do a tour on his own.

My take, Michael should do his own tour for now, its been awhile and his fans have been eager to see him on stage doing his thing.

The Janet collab can happen after. Besides, some of the janet fans would just croak!

Last edited:
And when I said like BAD I meant, full of energi and 110 % sung live!

I dont thnk janet would do it considering she just finshed touring ( well i heard she had)and also with all the health problems she had with the recent tour, i dont think she would be doing any tour anytime soon.

And when I said like BAD I meant, full of energi and 110 % sung live!
I'm sorry, aint gonna happen. First of all he dont sing everything live anymore, second he aint getting youger so he dont have all that energy that he had before. I think a new tour will be similar to HIStory tour.

Dont get me wrong I would like a Bad-ish tour as well, but it aint gonna happen.

I think touring with Janet is a GREAT idea, but like someone else said, he should tour solo first! But to see both of them on Stage it would be SO awesome

I've seen Janet LIVE 4th row, and Oh my she is SUCH A GOOD DANCER! I LOVE IT!

I think the tour should be called "Scream" or after a name of a new song (if they do a new duet)

Maybe the tour can just be in the States??? Since I think Michael is afraid to do a tour in the States.

nah, it wouldn't be fair to Janet. 97% of the audience would consist of MJ fans.

I think touring with Janet is a GREAT idea, but like someone else said, he should tour solo first! But to see both of them on Stage it would be SO awesome

I've seen Janet LIVE 4th row, and Oh my she is SUCH A GOOD DANCER! I LOVE IT!

I think the tour should be called "Scream" or after a name of a new song (if they do a new duet)

Maybe the tour can just be in the States??? Since I think Michael is afraid to do a tour in the States.

oooohhhh it was awesome! I was 10th row center. Janet's energy is insane. and i LOVE it when she just stands there smiling blushes and sucks up the crowd! I can see why MJ fans get so loud when he does that...it makes you feel so special and gets you starstruck!

but i think i agree with him going solo first...weve waited for soo freakin long, no offence to Janet, shes awesome on stage but i just want mike solo :wub:

I like Janet but no. I'd rather have a intimate theater solo tour

ummmm no. we ant 2see a SOLO michael tour. i dont wanna have to sit thru a janet set waitin on mike lol. her recent tour didnt do that well so umm yea no thanx

Last edited:
ummmm no. we ant 2see a SOLO michael tour. i dont wanna have to sit thru a janet se waitin on mike lol. her recent tour didnt do that well so umm yea no thanx

anzck0.gif

Not good Idea, Mike needs SOLO tour, BTW, what they will sing? Only Scream together? And other parts of concerts everyone will sing solo songs? LOL

I would like to see his solo tour where Janet is a surprise guest appearnace for Scream and/or another track.

Lol i see there is mixed reactions... I just think he'd find it easier with her cos he can perform one of his songs..then he goes backstage to rest while Janet does her song..and they keep switching..then Michael wont get so tired and lose his energy. It would be something completely new from their perspective, instead of repeating the same thing ie. solo tours.

Also they might perform better cos they'll try and outdo each other!

Back