From 2008 to TBA...Oh brother

alexcat321

Proud Member
Hey, how's it goin' fellow MJ fans. Being a very big fan of MJ's I'd have to admit that right now I'm a bit pissed. I just got through reading this article and it talk about the long awaited return of our king of Pop. Reading through it made me wonder a bit about MJ too and the rumored lies about his new CD that was supposed to come out 2008. Don't get me wrong though, I LOVE MJ's music and career altogether, and I really want to see him break it down in a new funky fresh video, showin off things you didnt know were possible with the human body but.... what happend to 2008's CD. It was even announced by MJ himself or atleast closer media that the album was to come in 2008 and what happen... HAPPY NEW YEAR...wow, im mad, but not at MJ, at how slow things have been movin. Even Wikipedia HAD an article about his new album that said it was to be released in 2008 but that was a no go. Now, I'm sittin around enjoyin' older tracks like Butterflies, Streetwalker, or TWYLM while scratchin my neck in paranoia waiting for a suprise from my brotha' the KOP. Well, all in all I'm really disappointed in this let down of no 2008 album, but what d'yo guys think. I think that they should in the meantime release an album full of unreleased songs since there are so many--- WRITES OVER A HUNDRED SONGS PER ALBUM--- while we are waitin to keep us occupied, but C'mon MJ, don't make us wait, and don't depend to much on these corny preesnt day artists....... :timer:-CMON -WHENS THE cd comin?

Enuff from me though, what d'you guys think about this?

Hey, how's it goin' fellow MJ fans. Being a very big fan of MJ's I'd have to admit that right now I'm a bit pissed. I just got through reading this article and it talk about the long awaited return of our king of Pop. Reading through it made me wonder a bit about MJ too and the rumored lies about his new CD that was supposed to come out 2008. Don't get me wrong though, I LOVE MJ's music and career altogether, and I really want to see him break it down in a new funky fresh video, showin off things you didnt know were possible with the human body but.... what happend to 2008's CD. It was even announced by MJ himself or atleast closer media that the album was to come in 2008 and what happen... HAPPY NEW YEAR...wow, im mad, but not at MJ, at how slow things have been movin. Even Wikipedia HAD an article about his new album that said it was to be released in 2008 but that was a no go. Now, I'm sittin around enjoyin' older tracks like Butterflies, Streetwalker, or TWYLM while scratchin my neck in paranoia waiting for a suprise from my brotha' the KOP. Well, all in all I'm really disappointed in this let down of no 2008 album, but what d'yo guys think. I think that they should in the meantime release an album full of unreleased songs since there are so many--- WRITES OVER A HUNDRED SONGS PER ALBUM--- while we are waitin to keep us occupied, but C'mon MJ, don't make us wait, and don't depend to much on these corny preesnt day artists....... :timer:-CMON -WHENS THE cd comin?

lol.....patience is a virtue

and so is not knowing..lol:cheeky:

I dont know, apart of me thinks it may never come
But another part of me says, "wait u never know! mike might surprise us!"
Im gonna wait and see what will happen.

You know...I think we should stop expecting anything from Michael Jackson. The first 50 years of his life ending in 2008 are pretty much Michael Jackson's career. If Michael is working on something and releases new projects..I think they should be considered part of the second half of Mike's career as was said in an article. As of now, Michael Jackson's career consists of the first 20 years of his life as part of the Jackson 5 and the Jacksons. And the following 30 years of his life from 1979-2009 featuring Off the Wall to the "end" of the Invincible era are pretty much another big chapter in Michael's life. Therefore there is no sequel to Invincible. We have all been anticipating what comes next..but the truth is..nothing. Michael released Invincbile in 2001..made a couple of performances..was finally cleared of the allegations that began in 1993..turned 50...and sold his Neverland Ranch which was his home from 1988 to 2008. And with that..that part of Michael's career came to an end. Anything follows will be a new transition, like the transition from the Jackson 5 to the Jacksons and from the Jacksons to his solo career. Therefore, I have finally come to the conclusion that what we have now..the first 50 years of MJ is what MJ is all about. What comes next..is for a new generation to discover. That's why I also stopped thinking in terms of how many years it's been since Invincible..that's irrelevant now. Michael showed us he was off the wall..he was a thriller, he was bad, he was dangerous, he made history, and he may of dropped some blood on the dancefloor along the way, but he remained Invincible..end of story. What's next is something we have yet to see and discover...

You know...I think we should stop expecting anything from Michael Jackson. The first 50 years of his life ending in 2008 are pretty much Michael Jackson's career. If Michael is working on something and releases new projects..I think they should be considered part of the second half of Mike's career as was said in an article. As of now, Michael Jackson's career consists of the first 20 years of his life as part of the Jackson 5 and the Jacksons. And the following 30 years of his life from 1979-2009 featuring Off the Wall to the "end" of the Invincible era are pretty much another big chapter in Michael's life. Therefore there is no sequel to Invincible. We have all been anticipating what comes next..but the truth is..nothing. Michael released Invincbile in 2001..made a couple of performances..was finally cleared of the allegations that began in 1993..turned 50...and sold his Neverland Ranch which was his home from 1988 to 2008. And with that..that part of Michael's career came to an end. Anything follows will be a new transition, like the transition from the Jackson 5 to the Jacksons and from the Jacksons to his solo career. Therefore, I have finally come to the conclusion that what we have now..the first 50 years of MJ is what MJ is all about. What comes next..is for a new generation to discover. That's why I also stopped thinking in terms of how many years it's been since Invincible..that's irrelevant now. Michael showed us he was off the wall..he was a thriller, he was bad, he was dangerous, he made history, and he may of dropped some blood on the dancefloor along the way, but he remained Invincible..end of story. What's next is something we have yet to see and discover...

very good post, MoeJack. The man has a life to live. He has said that he wants to be known and remembered for his music. He's spent 45 years making music - and dealing with waaaay too much ish. Our job, as fans, is to enjoy the man's music. His job is to enjoy his life for once. If that means he's making more music (which he told us he is), that's fine. it's because he WANTS to, not because he HAS to. He has a new chapter in his life. He's 50 years old and has shed a lot of the things that have given him trouble and sad memories. He's older, wiser, and prob. thinking about things a lot more now. One has to face the fact that he's not exactly going to be the same as he once was. His thought processes will be different, his music will be different. I am part of the era of the debut of Michael Jackson the solo artist. I have watched him grow and change in his music. I have cried for him and prayed for him when he has suffered injustice and heartache. Not as a fanatic, but as a sympathetic individual who cares. If he's making a new album, which as of yet is an unconfirmed rumour although it has a lot of backing, we should just enjoy it and give him our support as fans of a wonderful musician. We cannot demand anything of him. He doesn't OWE us a darn thing. All we know is that he loves us. Be patient with him. Just love him and his music and be thankful he graces this planet. :)

Thanks :D and you're exactly right! And I also want to add that it appears from the way Michael has conducted himself and commented that his is not merely working on a "next" album..it seems the has many new and different projects that he's working on..in what form they will be released..who knows. This also backs the statement that Mike made in 2002 when he said that he believed that Invincible would be his last studio album and that he was looking into different things. Times were a bit different then but there is alot of evidence to suggest that Mike had every intention of making Invincible his final studio album in the that form. Even the title is suggestive. He is definitely working right now and it really seems that what he's working on is something new and fresh..might be a new take on releasing music..who knows..there were rumors about how he might release more than one album at at time..or maybe he might release the album with the short films already attached to the songs as some kind of new technology...or maybe he's doing something with film. maybe his next short film will be shot in 3D and released in theaters. Who knows. The point is that Mike's albums from Off the Wall through Invincible are a 7 set collection that will mark his long lasting solo endeavor into the art of releasing studio albums and their counterpart shortfilms..

Well, MJ never said the album will be released in 2008. So if you believe what you read (wiki isn't reliable), it's not his fault. And we know MJ, he always needs 4,5 years, so why have you been waiting for it in 2008?
Although they had no trials the Eagles waited 28 years until they released a new album, also ACDC 8 years, Cat Stevens 18 years. I wonder how these fans come through the day. If MJ fans have to suffer that much, I wonder how these fans manage to come out of bed every morning.

very good post, MoeJack. The man has a life to live. He has said that he wants to be known and remembered for his music. He's spent 45 years making music - and dealing with waaaay too much ish. Our job, as fans, is to enjoy the man's music. His job is to enjoy his life for once. If that means he's making more music (which he told us he is), that's fine. it's because he WANTS to, not because he HAS to. He has a new chapter in his life. He's 50 years old and has shed a lot of the things that have given him trouble and sad memories. He's older, wiser, and prob. thinking about things a lot more now. One has to face the fact that he's not exactly going to be the same as he once was. His thought processes will be different, his music will be different. I am part of the era of the debut of Michael Jackson the solo artist. I have watched him grow and change in his music. I have cried for him and prayed for him when he has suffered injustice and heartache. Not as a fanatic, but as a sympathetic individual who cares. If he's making a new album, which as of yet is an unconfirmed rumour although it has a lot of backing, we should just enjoy it and give him our support as fans of a wonderful musician. We cannot demand anything of him. He doesn't OWE us a darn thing. All we know is that he loves us. Be patient with him. Just love him and his music and be thankful he graces this planet. :)

God bless you for saying that. I have been a member here for years and some people just keep on demanding from Michael constantly as if he is like a machine that produces music and nothing else. Well, let's press the button and order the "toy" to sing and dance to our satisfaction just because WE want him to. He has been working since the age of five and we have no right to demand anything from him. He has offered everything to the music industry and he has always been respectful to his fans. Why can't we respect him as a person? Why do we think of Jackson the musician and entertainer first and leave Michael the human aside? I know he has set the standard higher than any other artist but that doesn't give us the right to judge him all the time just because he doesn't act the way the fans would like him to act. As a 16 years fan I have learnt that patience is a virtue and even though he has projects to develop and present some of them may never be accomplished because of certain unfortunate facts. So what? Should I kill him for not finishing his "homework"? People please respect the man's willingness to keep on creating despite of all the negativity both by fans and by the media. Sometimes fans are much worse than the media in bashing Michael. If he wants to do something he will, if he doesn't it's his own choice not ours. I have always enjoyed his wonderful music and I will continue enjoying it with or without a new album. A new album doesn't make such a difference. Listening to Michael's music is always a very fresh experience because his music never gets outdated. All I want to wish him is health and happiness. The rest is trivial. I'm glad and proud to be his fan and I am grateful to him for who he is.

We were told to expect new music by MJs spokesperson Raymone Bain in 2006 weren't we? We also know that he has spent time recording songs in 2006, 2007, and 2008 and so have had good reason to expect a new album to be imminent even if he hasn't officially announced it to the public. It doesn’t take 4 to 5 years to make a great album, that can be done in a matter of months with the right inspiration and enthusiasm. Michael Jackson doesn’t seem to have either of those at the moment. Some of the best (and most successful) albums released each year only take 6 months or so to produce.

We have been expecting an album (or at least new music) in 2006, 2007, 2008, and now 2009. Mike hasn’t released an album of new material since 2001, so a new one is well overdue.

We were told to expect new music by MJs spokesperson Raymone Bain in 2006 weren't we? We also know that he has spent time recording songs in 2006, 2007, and 2008 and so have had good reason to expect a new album to be imminent even if he hasn't officially announced it to the public. It doesn’t take 4 to 5 years to make a great album, that can be done in a matter of months with the right inspiration and enthusiasm. Michael Jackson doesn’t seem to have either of those at the moment. Some of the best (and most successful) albums released each year only take 6 months or so to produce.

We have been expecting an album (or at least new music) in 2006, 2007, 2008, and now 2009. Mike hasn’t released an album of new material since 2001, so a new one is well overdue.

Well in Michael's case it does take 4-5 years to make a great album and how do you know that Michael doesn't have any inspiration or enthusiasm? Have you spoken to him personaly? Also the reason why Mike hasn't released an album since 2001 is because ever since 2001 he was going though alot of crap in his life (The Trial and the whole incident with Sony)

Why do we think of Jackson the musician and entertainer first...

The problem is that Mike still seems to consider himself a musician and entertainer and often says that he is working on ‘projects’ and promises good things in the future, yet nothing really happens except endless re-releases that only further ruin his reputation. If he wants to retire he should say so and we will respect that. If he wants to release an album he should keep the fans informed as many, many other artists do and get on and do it. As I said before, many artists can record and release an album in only a few months and so can Mike. All this collaboration seeking is pointless IMO. Any tracks he recorded in 2006 / 2007 with Will.i.am, Akon or anyone else will just sound slightly behind the times when released because the music scene has already moved on from where it was then, meaning all that work has been wasted. If he wants the help of current hit makers, he must be willing to release the album quickly before it gets stale. If he used timeless material with a timeless style then that wouldn’t be so important but we all know the album will mainly consist of sampled instruments, sounds, and electronic beats that quickly become dated.

The problem is that Mike still seems to consider himself a musician and entertainer and often says that he is working on ‘projects’ and promises good things in the future, yet nothing really happens except endless re-releases that only further ruin his reputation. If he wants to retire he should say so and we will respect that. If he wants to release an album he should keep the fans informed as many, many other artists do and get on and do it. As I said before, many artists can record and release an album in only a few months and so can Mike. All this collaboration seeking is pointless IMO. Any tracks he recorded in 2006 / 2007 with Will.i.am, Akon or anyone else will just sound slightly behind the times when released because the music scene has already moved on from where it was then, meaning all that work has been wasted. If he wants the help of current hit makers, he must be willing to release the album quickly before it gets stale. If he used timeless material with a timeless style then that wouldn’t be so important but we all know the album will mainly consist of sampled instruments, sounds, and electronic beats that quickly become dated.

just like those new electric guitars they brought in to music ha?

The instrument is never at fault only the musician.... same thing applies to modern ideas of creating music with samples, electronic beats etc.

If it truly expresses the idea you have musically it doesn't matter if its a broken drum kit, $10,000 one or samples. When people use the word dated they normally refer to the music sounding very much like everything around the period without having any special qualities of its own.
That's not Michael Jackson.

I hate it when people use the word Dated. Great music will be dated because great music lives on forever.

just like those new electric guitars they brought in to music ha?

The instrument is never at fault only the musician.... same thing applies to modern ideas of creating music with samples, electronic beats etc.

If it truly expresses the idea you have musically it doesn't matter if its a broken drum kit, $10,000 one or samples. When people use the word dated they normally refer to the music sounding very much like everything around the period without having any special qualities of its own.
That's not Michael Jackson.

You're right, the instrument is never at fault, it IS the musician. You're also right about dated music sounding like everything else of the period, which in itself is not a bad thing, but if the musician tries to capture a certain sound and then doesn't release in time for it to sound fresh then that is also the musician's fault and the album will sound dated when released - time (and music styles) waits for no man, no even Mike.
I hate it when people use the word Dated. Great music will be dated because great music lives on forever.

not true. BAD contains great music, but does sound dated because of the 80s synth sounds. Saying something sounds dated is not the same as saying that it is not good.

If he wants to retire he should say so and we will respect that. If he wants to release an album he should keep the fans informed as many, many other artists do and get on and do it.

On this subject I have to say, I agree with this the most.

well why do you think it is taking him this long? would you rather he was "just one of the artists" who make an album in 3 months and release it every year or would you rather he made a timeless album,like his previous ones? think.

I'm totally feelin' ya! I know that Michael spent most of his life in the buisness, and he dosen't owe the public anything. My problem is that I wish he would stop stringing his fan (who loves him, adores him) along. Don't say, "I'm gong to release an album", or. "I'm going to perform for you" or "there will be a world tour" when it isn't so.

I'm not calling Michael a liar, because I know that those were his intentions, and it's in his heart, but he shouldn't say things unless it's carved in stone that it's going to happen. Or better yet, he should say nothing in leading us to believe that anything. Just do it.

That's like me telling my kids that we're going to six flags on Tuesday and when tuesday comes along, I mention nothing about 6 flags. and then when my kids ask about it, I'll tell them we're going for certain, but don't give a date.

I mean, that's a cruel thing to do.:no:

We were told to expect new music by MJs spokesperson Raymone Bain in 2006 weren't we? We also know that he has spent time recording songs in 2006, 2007, and 2008 and so have had good reason to expect a new album to be imminent even if he hasn't officially announced it to the public. It doesn’t take 4 to 5 years to make a great album, that can be done in a matter of months with the right inspiration and enthusiasm. Michael Jackson doesn’t seem to have either of those at the moment. Some of the best (and most successful) albums released each year only take 6 months or so to produce.ffice:eek:ffice"

while all those dates seem impressive (Misleading)
It has actually only been 2 Yrs = (14 months) Nov 2006 - Jan 2009

MJ was still getting his house in order -
He had just moved back to the states and had
much on his plate with working out plans for
Neverland, finding a home , the law suites etc etc
and at the same time was working on his music.

He has all that in order now and has announced
his plans - and it was all in the proper timing for
Michael _ He knows what he is doing _

Why do we need an album last yr as apposed to
this yr or next - ???

I am happy to wait for Michael
The Anticiaption is wonderful and exciting
I dont want it - untill he is ready to give it.

Last edited:
well why do you think it is taking him this long? would you rather he was "just one of the artists" who make an album in 3 months and release it every year or would you rather he made a timeless album, like his previous ones? think.
Hmm, Invincible took quite a few years to come around and is not timeless IMO. I would prefer him to release an album every year 2 or 3 years, like most other acts to be honest. I don’t think taking this long between albums adds anything to the album. If anything it’s probably counter-productive because it allows over-analysis and over production to creep in. I like albums to sound well produced, but still retaining some spontaneity and life. Working too long on songs can drain the life right out of them as they become more rigid and mechanical.

I bet if/when he does come out with a new CD it will be his last one.:timer:

Hmm, Invincible took quite a few years to come around and is not timeless IMO. I would prefer him to release an album every year 2 or 3 years, like most other acts to be honest. I don’t think taking this long between albums adds anything to the album. If anything it’s probably counter-productive because it allows over-analysis and over production to creep in. I like albums to sound well produced, but still retaining some spontaneity and life. Working too long on songs can drain the life right out of them as they become more rigid and mechanical.

I completely agree!!

Im just really hopin for a new album tho, and I'm just really gettin tired of waitin. I want some music NOW! Hes the best and when something is really awesome, you'd want more. Most of the music today sux anyway and dance, and I really want to see new MJ moves. In an interview on his 50th birthday MJ said" THE BEST IS STILL TO COME..." and I HOPE this is TRUE

Damn, if Michael released his album in like 2011, he'd be 52, 53! :lol: His last album was at 43. It's kinda like Stevie Wonder. When "Conversation Peace" came out he was 45, by the time "Time 2 Love" came out, he was 55, lol.

Let's just be thankfull that Mike is out and about and doing well. It was only a few years ago that Mike was fighting for his life so i'm just happy that he's out and enjoying himself with his kids.

The new album will come just be patient

I just noticed that Mike is getting older. You think he's still prepared to "Rock the World" one more time? I thought he was at one point, not so sure now.

well why do you think it is taking him this long? would you rather he was "just one of the artists" who make an album in 3 months and release it every year or would you rather he made a timeless album,like his previous ones? think.

Taking years to create an album does not equate to timelessness. Stevie Wonder and many other "legendary" acts used to release albums yearly and now they're all considered timeless classics. Thriller and Off the Wall were created in a matter of months and are now considered "timeless" and "classic". Genius doesn't take time, it just takes a genius. Who knows what Michael's reasoning is. Maybe he actually takes so long because he records a billion songs before narrowing it down to 15. And IMO, Invincible is nowhere near a classic as Thriller and Off The Wall or even History. It took FOREVER, but I honestly can't hear or see what so much time was used on.

Taking years to create an album does not equate to timelessness. Stevie Wonder and many other "legendary" acts used to release albums yearly and now they're all considered timeless classics. Thriller and Off the Wall were created in a matter of months and are now considered "timeless" and "classic". Genius doesn't take time, it just takes a genius. Who knows what Michael's reasoning is. Maybe he actually takes so long because he records a billion songs before narrowing it down to 15. And IMO, Invincible is nowhere near a classic as Thriller and Off The Wall or even History. It took FOREVER, but I honestly can't hear or see what so much time was used on.

This is what I'm takin' bout', MJ is a legend and since he's been at it for over 30 years, makin a new album should be a snap. He's a magical man in the studio and on the dance floor, and I really hope that when and if the album is released, It'll have that classical sound, I hate most of all present day hip hop and pop. MJ save us!!!!:clapping:

I'm suprised at a lot of comments in this thread. I don't think you understand. Michael has a family now, he has children to raise, he can't just lock himself in a recording studio for six months straight and come out with another album. He has other obligations that are more important then releasing a record. Don't get me wrong, I would love to hear new music from Michael, but I'm not going to get frustrated and annoyed because it's taking a long time.

Back