The Jacksons- Give It Up...Triumph music

tashae

Proud Member
so I finally purchased Triumph...man this album is great....one of my fav non single songs it Give it uP....I am in love with this song...and Mike's vocals this song it fire....I know i'm late with this but I am amazed by this album with songs like "Your Ways" "Everybody" "Time Waits for No One"

Triumph is my 2nd favourite jacksons album!
I love Destiny the most but Triump is awesome too!!
Give it up always make me so happy!
I also love everybody 'ooooh Evrrrrrrrrrrybody, get down on the floor'
And Time waits for noone :wub:

Triumph is my 2nd favourite jacksons album!
I love Destiny the most but Triump is awesome too!!
Give it up always make me so happy!
I also love everybody 'ooooh Evrrrrrrrrrrybody, get down on the floor'
And Time waits for noone :wub:

I do like Everybody, but I think it sounds a little TOO similar to Get On The Floor from Off The Wall. With the 'I love the way you shake your thing!' bit.

I feel the same way about 'Body' from Victory. Its WAY too similar to Wanna be startin somethin.

triumph is the best jacksons album! and that tour whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!

Hope you guys know that SonyBMG/Legacy Recordings re-released this classic Jacksons album (in September 2008 in Europe (UK/Germany)) as an EXPANDED EDITION with the following content and all tracks digitally remastered:

TRIUMPH - Expanded Edition

01. Can You Feel It
02. Lovely One
03. Your Ways
04. Everybody
05. This Place Hotel [aka Heartbreak Hotel]
06. Time Waits For No One
07. Walk Right Now
08. Give It Up
09. Wondering Who

BONUS TRACKS
10. This Place Hotel [aka Heartbreak Hotel] [Single Version]
11. Walk Right Now (John Luongo Mix)
12. Walk Right Now (John Luongo Instrumental Mix)

This is also due for release in the USA very soon. (along with "Destiny - Expanded Edition")

Amazon USA (available on January 27th, 2009)

;)

Hope you guys know that SonyBMG/Legacy Recordings re-released this classic Jacksons album (in September 2008 in Europe (UK/Germany)) as an EXPANDED EDITION with the following content and all tracks digitally remastered:

01. Can You Feel It
02. Lovely One
03. Your Ways
04. Everybody
07. Walk Right Now
08. Give It Up
09. Wondering Who

BONUS TRACKS

This is also due for release in the USA very soon. (along with "Destiny - Expanded Edition")

;)

omg yes!!! im sooo excited now!

loooove 'give it up' Michael's voice is amaaaazing!!!!!!!!! And I do wanna see my 2 fave tours (victory, triumph) in good quality sooooo bad, lol.
I'm a huge 'jacksons' fan :yes:

I do like Everybody, but I think it sounds a little TOO similar to Get On The Floor from Off The Wall. With the 'I love the way you shake your thing!' bit.

I feel the same way about 'Body' from Victory. Its WAY too similar to Wanna be startin somethin.
yeah I noticed that...but that album is classic..I was reading on wikipedia it took a year before it went platinum....what in the world was on my Mom and aunt etc...'s mind that album it great...the Jackson's era is underrated....a lot of these songs I've never heard before

01. Can You Feel It
02. Lovely One
03. Your Ways
04. Everybody
07. Walk Right Now
08. Give It Up
09. Wondering Who

BONUS TRACKS

;)

I know I just decided to get these albums...they just came in the mail last week and know they have expanded edition:( I'll get them eventually..or maybe I'll download the new parts on amazon or itunes......

I love the triumph album :)
I love all the songs on it, which is rare for me ;)
I went through a whole period where I would listen to ''Everybody'' every morning because that song always makes me smile for some reason.

I'm in that period now...I just can't get over this album....people don't make music like this anymore...every song is good...

yeah I noticed that...but that album is classic..I was reading on wikipedia it took a year before it went platinum....what in the world was on my Mom and aunt etc...'s mind that album it great...the Jackson's era is underrated....a lot of these songs I've never heard before
The Jacksons/Jackson 5 albums never really sold much when they were originally released. Neither did the Motown solo albums. At that time R&B singers/groups in general didn't cross over much to the pop mainstream audience, and that's where most sales came from. A gold album (500,000) was considered a big deal for an R&B or funk act, so a platinum album is actually a major success for that era. Most of the sales of The Jacksons albums came after Thriller became popular. Younger fans think that Mike and/or the Jacksons was always a big deal because that's all they've seen. Back then he was just another R&B singer, not a superstar. If you look at concerts from that period, most of the audience is black. That was less so after Thriller's success, because he crossed over to the mainstream.

Last edited:
I'm in that period now...I just can't get over this album....people don't make music like this anymore...every song is good...
true :yes:

I love how the chorus is just so jovial, lol!:dancin:

I totally agree "Give it up" is just amazing i love the Milatry Drums at the end of the song."Walk right now" is another gem on the album.

yeah the whole track is awesome actually there's a song by Jay-z that samples Give it Up I never realized it until I purchased triumph the other week it's called addicted to tha game..it's just an unreleased mix tape song though...maybe they couldn't get the sample cleared...but the song I have on repeat this week is Your Ways
here's the song...*caution* there's some cursing in it

Jay Z - Addicted To The Game - Jay-Z

The whole Triumph album is one of the best post-disco albums I've heard. Funky, groovy... just an excellent album overall. MJ vocals are really in top form on that one. Plus, it was capped by an amazing tour. I would really love to have the DVD from the show the audio concert was taped from.

yeah the whole track is awesome actually there's a song by Jay-z that samples Give it Up I never realized it until I purchased triumph the other week it's called addicted to tha game..it's just an unreleased mix tape song though...maybe they couldn't get the sample cleared...but the song I have on repeat this week is Your Ways
here's the song...*caution* there's some cursing in it

&ampnbsp

Jay Z - Addicted To The Game - Jay-Z

:bugeyed Oh my goodness!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I thought it was gonna be a tiny sample where I would really have to listen to hear it. You know, the samples that only MJ fans can hear at first, lol.
But that is the music! lol.
THanks alot :yes: I never knew that existed!!!

The whole Triumph album is one of the best post-disco albums I've heard. Funky, groovy... just an excellent album overall. MJ vocals are really in top form on that one. Plus, it was capped by an amazing tour. I would really love to have the DVD from the show the audio concert was taped from.
you and me both:D

:bugeyed Oh my goodness!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I thought it was gonna be a tiny sample where I would really have to listen to hear it. You know, the samples that only MJ fans can hear at first, lol.
But that is the music! lol.
THanks alot :yes: I never knew that existed!!!

no problemo...I didn't realize it either I always liked that Jay-z song...and I finally got the Triumph album and I said OMG..

Um.. Okay. Late to the party. So what.

I LOVE TRIUMPH!!! :wub: LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!! My dad had this album back in the day, but I'm revisiting it as an adult and I am in LOVE!!! WOW!!! U know what this is? THIS I can listen to all the way through.. there is not one song that I feel the need to skip. I can't remember the last time I listened to anything that way. It's so soothing musically. I'm not one of those people who can describe music and whatever.. so forgive me. But for me it's like right on the cusp of being too much music, but it's not too much.. u know? Like I can hear the experimenting with sounds and trying different things, drums and strings and things that make sounds I can hear but I have no idea what they are called... and I... ugh! I just love it so much! And Mike is killing it on the vocals! Perfection! U can so tell he was completely confident at this point in his life.. at least as far as music went.. it's all in his vocals. Permanent space this one gets on the iPod. :clap:

Back