y won't there an hbo special for the history tour????

trellmj

Proud Member
when mike did the hbo special in 92 he broke records, so i wondering y he didnt do it in 96. mr.jackson always said that he never like to repeat other things in the past so, im guessing thats the answer. i wish there coulda been a special. im so tired of seeing bootleg footage of the tour. do anyone know the answe.
trellmj

Re: y want there an hbo special for the history tour????

Weird thread I must say... Pointless maybe?

You'd have to ask Michael for the truth. None of us here would know the answer. It also looks like you answered your own question too...

There was going to be an HBO concert in 1995 (96 maybe) at the Beacon Theater in New York City but it was canceled because Michael had a health concern.

A history show was aired on HBO (munich i believe) not n the states tho

A HBO Special of a concert 90% mimed?

I don't see it working with the American Public.

A HBO Special of a concert 90% mimed?

I don't see it working with the American Public.

what u mean by that
the dangerous sepcial was s.thing big
it had millions of views in the states
that was a dumb thing to say
trellmj

HBO never offered to buy rights or aire it, simple as, they didn't want the show on their channel :)

what u mean by that
trellmj
Don't compare Dangerous Tour to HIStory.....that's stupid :)

what u mean by that
trellmj
1. He meant that because the majority of the HIStory tour setlist was 90% lipsynched, it would've caused alot of bad publicity for Michael that he didn't need in '96-97

2.In the topic title, did you mean "Why WASN'T" instead of "Why won't"?

You see, Munich was the most highly anticipated concert Michael wanted. He arranged so many cameramen to film this concert, just like Brunei, and also added individual crowd shots. He wanted a DVD release of this concert. Unfortunately he ended up sick and his voice was sore and didn't like the result. If you look at WBSS his voice was very sore, and in Stranger in Moscow too. Note in Billie Jean's end dance, he doesn't do the hopping move with the yelling backup singers or the four-corner moonwalk.

I personally don't like the way that many of the concerts are filmed because they don't capture the beauty. The way the lighting flips around is amazing. You can only see this whole thing in some of the amateur videos, but Munich is the closest to capturing it.

i will hold my reasoning, as it would encite 85% of the members and that is simply not needed ;)

Well....geting it all from a distanse. the history consert wasen´t half as good as the dangerous consert.

when mike did the hbo special in 92 he broke records, so i wondering y he didnt do it in 96. mr.jackson always said that he never like to repeat other things in the past so, im guessing thats the answer. i wish there coulda been a special. im so tired of seeing bootleg footage of the tour. do anyone know the answe.
trellmj
MJ and HBO's relationship was probably sour at that time because of the cancelled One Night Only show. Some people were saying that MJ faked being sick so he wouldn't have to do the show. Only God knows the truth I guess.

MJ and HBO's relationship was probably sour at that time because of the cancelled One Night Only show. Some people were saying that MJ faked being sick so he wouldn't have to do the show. Only God knows the truth I guess.

ohyea he did cancel that 1995 special yea!!!!!!!

well, there's more to life than hbo, and he really helped them with his first special.

well, there's more to life than hbo, and he really helped them with his first special.
do you really have to come in to every thread and try to big up MJ and put down the other guy? MJ didn't do another HBO special so they must be an enemy of the state now right? HBO helped out MJ by paying him millions for the rights to the Dangerous show in Bucharest.

Back