LaToya on Michael and Neverland: "He doesn't want to be there. The memories are so awful"

chocomarker

Proud Member
Michael Jackson "never wants to see" his Neverland ranch again.

The 'Thriller' singer moved into the 2,800-acre property - in which he built his own zoo and theme park - in 1988, but abandoned the fantasy home after being accused of child molestation in 2003, and according to his sister LaToya, he will never return to his Californian estate.

LaToya told fellow contestants on UK reality TV series 'Celebrity Big Brother': "Michael still owns Neverland. He hasn't been there in about six years - not since the trial.

"He says he never wants to see it again. He doesn't want to be there. The memories are so awful."

Last November, following a series of refinancing loans, 50-year-old Michael transferred ownership of Neverland to Sycamore Valley Ranch Company LLC.

The company is a joint venture between Michael - represented by attorney L. Londell McMillan - and an affiliate of billionaire Thomas Barrack's investment company, Colony Capital LLC.

Michael was eventually acquitted of all child abuse charges in 2005.

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/35/20090123/tmusic-michael-jackson-s-neverland-pain-716af92.html

Re: LaToya on Michael and Neverland: "He doesn't want to be there. The memories are so awful"

^^yeah, I know. I gues no one can change what is in his heart. I don't understand it, ad I think I never will.

I wish he would've went back to Neverland, and just thumb his nose at everyone and continued to live his life there.

Neverland was such a beautiful palce, and at one time he was so happy there.

It's so sad to me that he will never go back there.:cry:

Re: LaToya on Michael and Neverland: "He doesn't want to be there. The memories are so awful"

I am sad for this too, but remember guys. Back in, what 03 or 04, when he was interviewed for 60 Minutes on CBS, he said the same thing back then. He said it's a house now, not a home. I believe he had plans to never move back in even during the trial.

.....I feel like i'm quoting from a Luther Vandross song, lol! I think I am! Just using the lyrics in a different context.

I think he has painful memories of what they did to him and his home. I don't blame him. He felt that this place where he had privacy and peace had been corrupted. We all know Michael created a truely beautiful place, Neverland.. everytime I see a picture of it I see how magnificent it was. The animals, the rides, the beauty of it all is amazing. It will be missed greatly and yes it makes me sad too but I respect Michael so I just hope he is happy whereever he chooses to be.

i think we all knew this its pretty obvious

He said it to Bradley in that interview already in the end of 2003 (over FIVE years ago), so it's nothing new. I don't understand why people are still talking about this and wondering why Neverland is empty. Michael very rarely changes his mind about things if he's been thinking something carefully through.

I don't blame him. The inhumane way that they trashed his place when they were doing their searching - disgusting, absolutely disgusting. I'm surprised they didn't lose their jobs over mistreatment of property!? I didn't know that's how police handled property searches. I can understand why he wouldn't want to be back there ever again.

The truth about this really tears me apart, it's really sad to hear he doesn't want to come back to his own creation that he was comfortable there is now a nightmare to him. If it wasn't for them damn accusers and LAPD, these b@$^@&#$ ruined not just Neverland, but also broke his heart and ours and our dream to visit there and I'll never forgive them for what they did to him.

She was very candid and the others she was talking to were sympathetic, she said they distroyed his property and they distroyed him, and they said it was a shame, a bit of an understatement but they were sincere.

I would do the same. Neverland was just a properly not a home anymore and that's it!!!

He cant stand it no more!! dont blame him

he should have got out there the first time it happened!

It is a shame that want the police did to neverland and michael
It makes me wanna cry just thinking bout it.

Considering SB County is still swarming with a certain type of element...it wouldn't be safe for him or his children to continue to live there, let alone the bad memories and raids. He and the kids would never have a moments peace up there, so yeah it's rather obvious why the property had to be given up as his home. Yes it is sad that he had to do it, but he didn't really have much of a choice I think.

Last edited:

Well we all kinda figured that one out. The man said it himself a couple years ago and so it should'nt have come as any surprise to any of us what ultimately happened.

Th is so sad that Michael feels like that about Neverland.they ruined his life.shame on them .

I suppose we did know it already but it is the painful truth and I can only imagine the pain in all of it for Michael. To be vilified, vandalised and to be intruded upon in that manner could not be easy.

i hope hes gotten over it by now and i thank God for giving him the strength to make a fresh new start in his life and start over again.

Yahoo is not a good source to read their news ,everytime l see just bullshit in this website.

i can't help but remember the scene from private home movies where MJ says "neverland is a part of me. i will never sell neverland." gets me thinking that's wht he did a venture instead of selling. neverland is still a part of MJ and always will be, for better or for worst.

It's hardly surprising that Michael feels this strongly about Neverland given the fact that it holds alot of memories where malicious intent where behind most individuals actions.

Even though Michael is not there physically anymore, he will always be somewhat present in a spiritual way. It's really saddening that the authorities have been able to rape Michael of his pride and encourage him to move to another residence. I truly believe that even though neverland is a physical representation of Michael's spirit, the concept will always live w/him in his heart and soul no matter where he may be.

I was watching celeb bb when latoya said about michael and that he felt he couldnt go back to neverland, it made me cry,it makes me so sad to know that michael cant even live in his own house any more because he feels so betrayed by so many people he thought he could trust!

sends him love. no doubt it was very hard separating from NVL regardless of everything and in whatever manner it was transferred. he's been extorted and violated in every way possible. God bless him.

Yahoo is not a good source to read their news ,everytime l see just bullshit in this website.

She did say it, it was on celeb big brother!

though it's unbearable for me even to rea this but I feel he goes back there one day..

I wonder if he transferred all the fans gifts to somewhere? I sure hope so.

Michael Jackson "never wants to see" his Neverland ranch again.

The 'Thriller' singer moved into the 2,800-acre property - in which he built his own zoo and theme park - in 1988, but abandoned the fantasy home after being accused of child molestation in 2003, and according to his sister LaToya, he will never return to his Californian estate.

LaToya told fellow contestants on UK reality TV series 'Celebrity Big Brother': "Michael still owns Neverland. He hasn't been there in about six years - not since the trial.

"He says he never wants to see it again. He doesn't want to be there. The memories are so awful."

Last November, following a series of refinancing loans, 50-year-old Michael transferred ownership of Neverland to Sycamore Valley Ranch Company LLC.

The company is a joint venture between Michael - represented by attorney L. Londell McMillan - and an affiliate of billionaire Thomas Barrack's investment company, Colony Capital LLC.

Michael was eventually acquitted of all child abuse charges in 2005.

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/35/20090123/tmusic-michael-jackson-s-neverland-pain-716af92.html

do you have the footage where she says this?? i believe you and all i would just like to see it myself :) thanks

Back