"Pull over boy, and get your ticket right!"

iboz75

Proud Member
This thread is about MJ song lyrics that seem not to make sence. Sometimes listening to them I strain to see how some of them have meaning. Can you think of other songs where the lyrics make you say "WTF?" :D

I actually think the "Pull over boy" line made sense. The song is called "Speed Demon" afterall. He's talking about driving in the song and it sounds like he's trying to get away from someone in it.

If nothing else though, I think the "Pull over boy, get your ticket right" lyric is one of the funkiest thing i've heard in an MJ record lol. I love it.

I'm not that familiar with this song, but isn't it about someone speeding in a car? So I would think the reference would be of one being "pulled over" by a police officer and receiving a much deserved speeding ticket." No?

then if theat's the case, he should've said something like, "get pulled over, boy and get a ticket, now" LOL!:hysterical:

and at first I thought it said chicken, instead of ticket, which made even less sence.

What about the whole song Wanna Be Startin Somethin? There's so much stuff in that song that makes no sense like ''So your tounge became a razor'' and ''Your a vegetable''

lol yeah, I thouhgt the lyrics were so confusing, and the whole time, I'm thinking, "what in the world is he talking about?"

very good example.

I always thought it was referring to a police officer asking him to pull over.

What about these lyrics from Cheater?

I hurt my backbone baby,
I start to give it up,
Life is an aggrovator,
Sumtimes I part it up,
I broke my radiator,
I live to starve the bone,
I pray to leave my body,
Don't you ever call

They don't make alot of sense lol.

I hurt my backbone baby,
I start to give it up,
Life is an aggrovator,
Sumtimes I part it up,
I broke my radiator,
I pray to leave my body,
Don't you ever call

They might not make much sense but they sound amazing. Thats my favourite part of Cheater.

Speaking of Cheater i've always felt that Stevie Wonder would do a great cover version to it

Sorry for going off topic there

I hurt my backbone baby,
I start to give it up,
Life is an aggrovator,
Sumtimes I part it up,
I broke my radiator,
I pray to leave my body,
Don't you ever call

Yes they do. He broke his radiator and he's sad about it.

Yes they do. He broke his radiator and he's sad about it.

Well know that you mention it that does kinda suck lol. A broken radiator and the ammount of money it's gonna cost to get a plumber out and fix it.

LOL! and I love the look on his face when the:hysterical: officer gives him the ticket! Like "Aww Man!":wub:

What about the whole song Wanna Be Startin Somethin? There's so much stuff in that song that makes no sense like ''So your tounge became a razor'' and ''Your a vegetable''

Well those particular lyrics you pointed out actually had some meaning to them. He just liked to be interesting and creative in his word choices and spiced up the lyrics a bit.

"Your tongue became a razor" is just slang for "she started talking a lot of shit and saying things that weren't true. She was "starting something", if you will!

And when he says "You're a vegetable", that just meant that you are letting people walk all over you. The term comes from when you call a person in a coma also in a vegetative state. They are a vegetable because they literally cannot move.

To keep on track for "wtf" lyrics, I consider most of the words from his unreleased Dangerous songs pretty strange. Songs like Work That Body, She Got It, and Serious Effect to have some words in them that are strange to put together.

I hurt my backbone baby,
I start to give it up,
Life is an aggrovator,
Sumtimes I part it up,
I broke my radiator,
I pray to leave my body,
Don't you ever call

I can't for the life of me understand those lyrics. I can't even understand what's being said let alone what it means. I thought the lyrics were this...

I hurt my backbone baby
I start it give it up
Life is an aggravator
So turn the pallette up
I broke my radiator
I flipped a stack o' bones
I can't relieve my body
Don't you wet my comb

I hurt my backbone baby,
I start to give it up,
Life is an aggrovator,
Sumtimes I part it up,
I broke my radiator,
I pray to leave my body,
Don't you ever call

I am pretty sure Cheater is written from a woman's point of view. I view that part as a reference to a woman starving herself to stay thin and keep her man. Hurt backbone because after you starve yourself for long enough, your bones become brittle and you bruise very easily. Broken radiator because when you're cold your body burns more calories. She prays to leave her body, and of course, the a-hole guy never calls.

The WBSS lyrics seem self-explaintory to me, at least. So does the Speed Demon line, come to think of it. Michael is telling a narrative, about a street racer or just a general speeder, and in the middle of it he comments by saying they deserve a ticket. "Pull over boy, and get your ticket right."

I am strongly convinced that Michael Jackson is two things:

1. Not an idiot.
2. A masterful lyricist.

Michael's lyrics are earthy and real and he tells stories. They are rarely atuobiographical; even songs we think are autobiographical are actually telling stories (Leave Me Alone, Is It Scary, lots of Privacy, etc.) Michael is not a man-child. He is a fully grown man and writes serious words.

He obviously operates on a higher wavelength than us. I'm sure he knows what those lyrics mean.

He obviously operates on a higher wavelength than us. I'm sure he knows what those lyrics mean.
I bet he doesn't know what some of the songs in the ATV catalog mean like 'Come Together' & 'I Am The Walrus', lol.

Some years ago I fantasized about how he came up with that. I just thought that he was riding those cars at his Neverland Ranch, where he races against Bashir (you know, when he says "He cheated!" in the beginning of the LWMJ docu). But uh, he would race against some kid and he screamed "Pull over boy! And get your ticket right!" from his kart. Well now I think he didn't even have those karts when he was writing the songs for the Bad-album. :cheeky:

then if theat's the case, he should've said something like, "get pulled over, boy and get a ticket, now" LOL!:hysterical:

and at first I thought it said chicken, instead of ticket, which made even less sence.
lol, pull over and get your chicken!?!??!?! Well, I guess if he was in the KFC drive-thru, lol!
But yeah, if you are talking to someone who is speeding, you would just say
"pull over boy and get your ticket!" lol. If you're talking to someone, it would be weird to say "hey, get pulled over, boy"

Yeah, with the tongue becoming a razor, I would think that is a reference to the saying "sharp tongue" If someone has a "sharp tongue" then they say things that hurt people.
And IvoryKeys explained the 'vegetable' thing perfectly!!! ANd then when he says "they eat off of you, you're a vegetable"- it's like they are using you, and you are being walked over.

:D

ooh! oooh i got one!!!

"Come To The Place
Shock Tacy
And You Know Damn Well
You Know What I Mean
Hot In The Face
One And 3"

from she drives me wild...

someone elpain please

That would make a cool KFC jingle "...pull over boy, and get your chicken right! AAOW!":clapping::hysterical:

"Pull over, boy, pull over boy, and get your chicken, eat your chicken, get your chicken, eat your chicken.. get your chicken...whew!":hysterical:

^^^lol, that's true!!! and it would be hilarious!!!!

....and I hope he never does it!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

"Tongue became a razor" means saying things that hurt.
I took "vegetable" as clueless.

look at Moonwalker-we will understand the lyrics after you wacht the movie!

Back