Michael's star power

Status
Not open for further replies.

iboz75

Proud Member
Even though he hasn't had an album out in 8 years, and hasn't performed in 7,and then the trial and contriversy,do you think that Michael is still considered a A-List celebrity? How do you think the rest of Holywood will treat him when/if he makes his comeback?

I don´t know. somehow I feel that the mystery around MJ is gone. I feel that I don´t get as exited that I use to be, when im reading about him in the news.
but thats not important. the impotant thing is that he must not stop tmaking exiting music. like he did with the song "hold my hand"

^^ So you wouldn't be excited if he announced that he was going to perform at the next awards show, and knockes them dead?

Yes I would, but not as excited that I use to be. My expectations are low...since he hasen´t done anything good since "blood on the dancefloor" and even there he was kind of repeating himself...
But I hope he will come out with some amazing stuff...

I definitely believe that the "mystery and magic" is still in effect. If not, the media wouldn't continue to report his every move, even when he ain't really moving. LOL!

He continues to defy the odds and for some, that's a mystery all by itself.

It also reminds me of Christain's (the Ed Hardy guy) birthday party. Look how crazy those folks were going and MJ was just standing there. Then it was reported the next day as if it was some huge, giant deal. LOL!

Now he's living in the big ole house in Beverly Hills and some folks would love to know "how he does it."

Even though he hasn't had an album out in 8 years, and hasn't performed in 7,and then the trial and contriversy,do you think that Michael is still considered a A-List celebrity? How do you think the rest of Holywood will treat him when/if he makes his comeback?

He's above all other artists/movie stars/athletes when it comes to terms of A-List, B-List gibberish. If he's at any media, celebrity, or athletic function, he recieves the #1 attention. In terms of having close close friends throughout the music and movie industry, he's once again in a class of his own not having many lifelong friends that we know of. Other than Elizabeth Taylor, and friends through recording, all his other aquatences have come along in the last 10 or so years that are public.

And yes as of the past 5 years I really don't look for every ET or Access Hollywood tid bit on MJ on a weekly basis. The only place I recieve any MJ info is through this forum, b/c pretty much i feel there isn't any other site that gives out good news on MJ. So for the 1000th time, word on some musical activity wid Mj would be fantastic asap as my interest has been waning.

Check out these videos

http://youtube.com/watch?v=OTyWsEjGDb0
http://youtube.com/watch?v=sYzKCRjDOXs
http://youtube.com/watch?v=1kJFp4Ji_JM

Looking at those videos it's pretty damn clear that people still love Mike and that when he does comeback he'll be treated really well

well...its an award show, evrybody screams there ;) and sure mj fans gose crazy. but still...personly I think some of the magic around MJ is gone....I don´t know why. but when I see him with tha mask now, it dosen´t give me the mystic feeling I use to have for him. he is more like a normal person now. but still a grate talant...no dout about that.

:angel:Absolutely no doubt in my mind...Psalm 37

I think people will still care very much.

He is, no matter what, Top of the Pop! He has once and for all shown his Legacy!

well...its an award show, evrybody screams there ;) and sure mj fans gose crazy. but still...personly I think some of the magic around MJ is gone....I don´t know why. but when I see him with tha mask now, it dosen´t give me the mystic feeling I use to have for him. he is more like a normal person now. but still a grate talant...no dout about that.

:)None of Michael Jackson's magic is gone..It will always remain even after he is gone..He has done so much musically which is not comparable and ya none of Hollywood artists can even walk in those shiny shoes and MJ literally walk in those shoes which cud be dream for any human being.Actually its all because you read about Angelina Jolie adopted baby,Britney's problems,Justin Timberlake's lame fame..Thats why you think he dont have that magic just beacuse now he is tryin to relax and enjoy his life..He is above everyone really,We have stars we have celebrities and we have MICHAEL JACKSON:punk:

YES, Michael will ALWAYS be an A list star. If Michael was not an A list star, Michael would not be talked about everytime he breathes. YOu do not see no one talking about Vanilla Ice and many others. the media knows Micheal is draw (postive news or negative news). Believe me, the Grammys wish they could get Michael on Sunday if they could. Look at American Idol. For the past few years just the rumors of thinking he will be on there makes the people happy even old RF seem to be up in arms over Michael taking his time to come back. ha, ha, ha.

I don't know if I would consider putting him in any list. If you're a legend like Michael, you don't need to be fit into some tiny little box, lol.

I don't know if I would consider putting him in any list. If you're a legend like Michael, you don't need to be fit into some tiny little box, lol.

Nice put!!

He is on a list of his own!

I definitely believe that the "mystery and magic" is still in effect. If not, the media wouldn't continue to report his every move, even when he ain't really moving. LOL!

It also reminds me of Christain's (the Ed Hardy guy) birthday party. Look how crazy those folks were going and MJ was just standing there. Then it was reported the next day as if it was some huge, giant deal. LOL!

Now he's living in the big ole house in Beverly Hills and some folks would love to know "how he does it."

nuff said. tell me, when was the last time that MJ could walk the streets like a regular citizen?

Michael's in a class of his own. Just about every star out there admires him. I'm not trying to put him up on a pedestal, it's just that he doesn't fit into the same mold as others. Him making a "comeback" would put Hollywood and the world into a frenzy and flurry of activity, one like no other celebrity is able to do. They are waiting on him to put the fire back into popular music culture. They depend on him to do it. And of course Michael himself is gearing up for this frenzy because with it comes more gossip and more rumors and more negativity. But I think this time he's going to get a good handle on it rather than just complain about it. In my humble opinion, anyway. But whether people like him or not, lovers as well as haters are gonna take notice and say something about it. It's like when Michael makes a move, the world stops and takes notice. That doesn't happen for any other celebrity out there. Therefore, Michael is simply in a class of his own and made of a different grit than others are.

nuff said. tell me, when was the last time that MJ could walk the streets like a regular citizen?

ummmm. when he was like, 8 years old or so? Poor guy.

I am just starting to get the feel of what it's like having perfect strangers come up to you and greet you like they've known you for years or can't believe you're standing in front of them...it's WEIRD.

I think hes still got it

He has to belive he has.. and he will succed ! :)

I agree :yes: I think that for alot of ppl, especially those who were around in the 80's, that his whole life has a sort of mysterious-ness, and ppl wish that they sould just be a fly on the wall and would have been able to see him become a legend as a child, do a movie with Diana Ross, go through the OTW era, the Thriller era, Bad era, etc... , to see him do we are the world with all those celebs. To see him on the Victory, triumph, destiny, bad, etc tours. To see his friendships with ppl like Diana, Princess Diana, Liza Minelli, Liz Taylor, Mac, Sinatra, Quincy, etc...
He has had SUCH an amazing life, and we've only seen parts of it. Its fascinating to think that he has led the life that he's led, and to have the personality that he has.
sooo, bascially, I think that he will always be beyond a-list. He's the Biggest star in the world!!

For me he is always the same. The one and only king of music. I mean we all want a new album that´s for sure, but in my opinion he has achieved everything, he has still the same aura. Michael Jackson is simply Michael Jackson he will always be the greatest singer and dancer the world has ever seen.

Michael star powers is not gone but i do qgree since he hasnt donw anything in a while u dont have HIGh expectations for him now but hey u never kno! before he used to seem so unreal to me.....like not even a human just something so perfect and i used to just say wow after watching a youtueb video of him and image what i would do if i met him then i would probably get light headed...BUT NOT FAINT! LOL now i wont probably say i cant belive it a couple of times but thats about it....he seems so human to me now i se him goin to the store and stuff so its just not that amgical anymore!

Michael star powers is not gone but i do qgree since he hasnt donw anything in a while u dont have HIGh expectations for him now but hey u never kno! before he used to seem so unreal to me.....like not even a human just something so perfect and i used to just say wow after watching a youtueb video of him and image what i would do if i met him then i would probably get light headed...BUT NOT FAINT! LOL now i wont probably say i cant belive it a couple of times but thats about it....he seems so human to me now i se him goin to the store and stuff so its just not that amgical anymore!

Before I was thinking that if I saw Mj i would run up to him and be crazy. But today if I saw him in a pub I would probobly just say. WOW...it´s MJ!...and then not give ti more etention. maybe im just getting older?? ...hmmmm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back