05 Feb09...mentionings

Rasta Pasta

Proud Member

MJ news and review: 05 Feb 09

.................Mentionings......................
Michael Jackson's 'Thriller' hitting Broadway
[SIZE=-1]Fairfield Mirror, CT - 17 hours ago[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Despite recent exaggerated tabloid reports that Michael Jackson is slowly deteriorating due to multiple illnesses, he has chosen to remove the Zorro-like ...[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Thriller - Live! [SIZE=-1]Allmediascotland[/SIZE][/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]A&E Shorts [SIZE=-1]The Western Gazette[/SIZE][/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]all 3 news articles »[/SIZE]

DanceArt dazzles with showcase
[SIZE=-1]Garner News, NC - 3 hours ago[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]The cloggers also took it back to the ‘80s, dancing to Michael Jackson hits “Thriller” and “I’m Bad.” Students were also able to showcase their individual ...[/SIZE]

MJ Bizniz news

Michael will be earning dividends ($$$) thru Sony/ATV on this year's Grammy Awards... to see the full list check out the Sony/ATV site at :

http://www.sonyatv.com/index.php/news/434
Announced
February 3, 2009

var galleryImageList = new Array(); var galleryCaptionList = new Array(); var galleryCreditList = new Array(); var index = 0; var contentServer = "http://content.grammy.com"; //alert(contentServer); function loadXML(url) { req = false; // branch for native XMLHttpRequest object if(window.XMLHttpRequest) { try { req = new XMLHttpRequest(); if (req.overrideMimeType) { req.overrideMimeType('text/xml'); } } catch(e) { req = false; } // branch for IE/Windows ActiveX version } else if(window.ActiveXObject) { try { req = new ActiveXObject("Msxml2.XMLHTTP"); } catch(e) { try { req = new ActiveXObject("Microsoft.XMLHTTP"); } catch(e) { req = false; } } } if(req) { req.onreadystatechange = processReqChange; req.open("GET", url, true); req.send(null); } } function processReqChange() { if (req.readyState == 4 ) { if (req.status == 200) { var xmlDoc = req.responseXML; var root = xmlDoc.getElementsByTagName("gallery").item(0); for (var iNode = 0; iNode < root.childNodes.length; iNode++) { var node = root.childNodes.item(iNode); for (i = 0; i < node.childNodes.length; i++) { var sibl = node.childNodes.item(i); var len = parseInt(sibl.childNodes.length / 2); var arr = new Array(len); var cnt = 0; if (sibl.tagName.indexOf("GalleryImageURL") == 0){ galleryImageList.push(sibl.childNodes.item(0).data); } if (sibl.tagName.indexOf("GalleryImageCaption") == 0){ if (sibl.hasChildNodes()){ galleryCaptionList.push(sibl.childNodes.item(0).data); } else { galleryCaptionList.push(""); } } if (sibl.tagName.indexOf("GalleryImageCredit") == 0){ if (sibl.hasChildNodes()){ galleryCreditList.push(sibl.childNodes.item(0).data); } else { galleryCreditList.push(""); } } } } loadImage(index); } } } function loadImage(imageIndex) { document.getElementById("displayImage").src = contentServer + galleryImageList[imageIndex]; document.getElementById("displayImage").style.visibility = "visible" ; if (galleryImageList.length > 1){ document.getElementById("pageTally").style.visibility = "visible"; document.getElementById("paginator").style.visibility = "visible"; document.getElementById("pageTally").innerHTML = " (" + (imageIndex + 1) + " of " + (galleryImageList.length) + " images ) "; document.getElementById("paginator").innerHTML = " prev | next"; } else { document.getElementById("pageTally").innerHTML = " (" + (imageIndex + 1) + " of " + (galleryImageList.length) + " images ) "; document.getElementById("paginator").style.visibility = "hidden"; } document.getElementById("imageCaption").innerHTML = galleryCaptionList[imageIndex]; document.getElementById("imageCredit").innerHTML = galleryCreditList[imageIndex]; } function nextImage() { if (index == (galleryImageList.length - 1)) { index = 0; } else { index++; } loadImage(index); } function prevImage() { if (index == 0) { index = galleryImageList.length - 1; } else { index--; } loadImage(index); } var galleryXMLURL = "http://www.grammy.com/xml/galleryXML.aspx?galleryTypeID=1&galleryObjectID=3212"; loadXML(galleryXMLURL);Adele, Chris Brown, Miley Cyrus, Sugarland and Taylor Swift among those joining 51st GRAMMY lineup
GRAMMY.com

(For a complete list of 51st GRAMMY Awards nominees, please click here.)
Current GRAMMY nominees Adele, Chris Brown, and Sugarland; a special performance with Miley Cyrus and Taylor Swift; and a Four Tops tribute featuring Abdul "Duke" Fakir (2009 Lifetime Achievement Award honoree and original member of the Four Tops), Academy Award winner Jamie Foxx, and current nominee Ne-Yo are the next round of performers announced for the 51st Annual GRAMMY Awards. It was also announced that Estelle and Kanye West will perform together.

They join previously announced performers Kenny Chesney, Coldplay, Jennifer Hudson, Jonas Brothers, Kid Rock, Lil Wayne, Paul McCartney (with special guest drummer Dave Grohl of Foo Fighters), Katy Perry, Robert Plant & Alison Krauss, Radiohead, Rihanna, T.I. and Justin Timberlake, U2, Carrie Underwood, and Jay-Z, Lil Wayne, T.I. and Kanye West in a special performance of their hit single "Swagga Like Us."

Nine-time GRAMMY winner and current nominee Sheryl Crow, talk show host Craig Ferguson from CBS' "The Late, Late Show With Craig Ferguson," nine-time GRAMMY winner and current nominee Al Green, actor Jay Mohr from CBS' "Gary Unmarried," GRAMMY winner Queen Latifah, and rapper and current nominee T-Pain are the latest presenters announced for Music's Biggest Night.

Previously announced presenters include actor Simon Baker from CBS' "The Mentalist," actor/musician Jack Black, current three-time GRAMMY nominee Duffy, current nominee Josh Groban, three-time GRAMMY-winning jazz musician and current nominee Charlie Haden, actor Samuel L. Jackson, and Academy Award-winning actress and current GRAMMY nominee Gwyneth Paltrow.

Ne-Yo has six nominations: Album Of The Year and Best Contemporary R&B Album for Year Of The Gentleman; Best Male Pop Vocal Performance for "Closer," Best Male R&B Vocal Performance for "Miss Independent," and two nods for Best R&B Song for "Miss Independent" and "Spotlight," both with Mikkel S. Eriksen and Tor Erik Hermansen.
Adele and T-Pain have four nods: Adele is up for Record Of The Year, Song Of The Year (with Eg White) and Best Female Pop Vocal Performance for "Chasing Pavements," and Best New Artist. T-Pain has two nominations in Best Rap/Sung Collaboration for "Low" with Flo Rida and "Got Money" with Lil Wayne, one for Best Rap Song for "Low" with Tramar Dillard and M. Humphrey, and one for Album Of The Year as a featured artist and producer on Lil Wayne's Tha Carter III.

Al Green is nominated in three categories: Best R&B Performance By A Duo Or Group With Vocals for "Stay With Me (By The Sea)" with John Legend, Best Traditional R&B Vocal Performance for "You've Got The Love I Need" with Anthony Hamilton, and Best R&B Album for Lay It Down.

Chris Brown, Estelle and Sugarland each have two nods: Chris Brown is nominated for Best Pop Collaboration With Vocals for "No Air" with Jordin Sparks and Best Male R&B Vocal Performance for "Take You Down." Estelle has nominations in Song Of The Year (with William Adams, Keith Harris, Josh Lopez, Caleb Speir, John Stephens, and Kanye West) and Best Rap/Sung Collaboration (with Kanye West) for "American Boy." Sugarland is up for Best Country Performance By A Duo Or Group With Vocals for "Stay" and Best Country Collaboration With Vocals for "Life In A Northern Town" with Jake Owen and Little Big Town.

Sheryl Crow is up for Best Pop Vocal Album for Detours.

As previously announced, this year's "My GRAMMY Moment" segment on the telecast gives music fans an opportunity to virtually share music's biggest stage with current GRAMMY nominee Katy Perry. Produced in partnership with CBS.com, music fans can upload a 30- to 60-second video of themselves singing along to a portion of Perry's "I Kissed A Girl" to www.cbs.com/grammys through Feb. 6. Videos will be voted on by fans and the public at-large, and the most popular videos will be shown as part of Perry's performance on Music's Biggest Night.

Additionally, the 51st Annual GRAMMY Awards Pre-Telecast ceremony will take place from 1–3:45 p.m. (PT) at the Los Angeles Convention Center and will be streamed live internationally. Hosting and performing at the Pre-Telecast will be current GRAMMY nominees Wayne Brady and Tia Carrere, with additional live performances by Latin GRAMMY-winning folk/jazz singer and current nominee Lila Downs, GRAMMY-winning classical artist and current nominee Hilary Hahn, and current GRAMMY nominee Heavy D. Presenting GRAMMY Awards in nearly 100 categories will be four-time GRAMMY-winning gospel singer Yolanda Adams, producer/host of the syndicated "Millennium Of Music" radio show Robert Aubry Davis, GRAMMY-winning songwriter/producer Lamont Dozier, GRAMMY-winning children's folk artists Cathy Fink and Marcy Marxer, comedian Alex Raymundo, and actor Blair Underwood. The live stream of the Pre-Telecast will remain on GRAMMY.com for on-demand viewing for 30 days following the event.
The 51st Annual GRAMMY Awards will be held Feb. 8 at Staples Center in Los Angeles, and will be broadcast live in high-definition TV and 5.1 Surround Sound on the CBS Television Network at 8–11:30 p.m. (ET/PT). The show will also be supported on radio via Westwood One worldwide and covered online at GRAMMY.com and CBS.com, on Twitter at "theGRAMMYs," on Facebook at "The Recording Academy," on YouTube at "51stGRAMMYs," and on Last.fm at "the51stgrammys." Additional performers, presenters and special segments are scheduled to be announced.

side.jpg
dotline.gif

http://www.grammys.com/Recording_Academy/News/Default.aspx?newsID=3212

Elliott Yamin Debuts His First Official Website Today!
[SIZE=-1]Top40-Charts.com, NY - 19 hours ago[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]... launching his first official website today, in anticipation of the release of his sophomore album, out May 5 on Sony/ATV Publishing's Hickory Records. ...[/SIZE]

Battle of the bands
[SIZE=-1]Canada.com, Canada - Feb 1, 2009[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]But the Beatles catalog is the biggest "get" in the game world, and both MTV and Activision spent the better part of a year courting Apple Corps, Sony/ATV ...[/SIZE]
chart_7777cc3.gif
[SIZE=-1]ATVI[/SIZE]

Sony Ericsson, Universal Promote New Talent
[SIZE=-1]Billboard Business News, NY - Jan 18, 2009[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]It also has a partnership with Sony/ATV. The service exists alongside Sony Ericsson's a-la-carte DRM-free store PlayNow Arena and the all-you-can-eat ...[/SIZE]

Eye Legacy - Lisa 'Left Eye' Lopes’ Personal Collection of ...
[SIZE=-1]Newswire Today (press release), UK - 17 hours ago[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Mass Appeal also has divisions in Publishing (Shakertown Music is a joint venture with Sony/ATV Publishing), Recording (world class Blue Jay Recording ...[/SIZE]

Taylor Swift finding balance between country, pop worlds
[SIZE=-1]Worcester Telegram, MA - Feb 1, 2009[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Swift first signed a publishing deal with Sony/ATV Music Publishing, the youngest person the company had ever signed. Every day after school she would truck ...[/SIZE]

MJ Quote of the day...

"I wake up from dreams and go "Wow, put this down on paper." The whole thing is strange. You hear the words, everything is right there in front of your face .”

Michael Jackson

Last edited:
For those who didn't catch akon's explosive interview on E!'s Daily 10 defending MJ here it is again and also again I beg someone to please rip this clip so I can post it on youtube.

I recorded it on the repeat airing at noon today! That was fabulous! :D

For those who didn't catch akon's explosive interview on E!'s Daily 10 defending MJ here it is again and also again I beg someone to please rip this clip so I can post it on youtube.

That was awesome. Akon knows full well that whatever he says about Mike the media will twist it and make Mike look bad. I love it when people openly defend Michael

Akon was spot on with his comments! Tell the media stuff about Mike and they twist it to high hell! Better keep ones mouth shut.

akon is the man!!! hats off to u man for defending michael with such a passion :kickass:
God bless u :flowers:

Can someone write here what akon says in exact words please? I'm at work, and there's no sound on my computer.

Thanx in advance :)

That was super cool of Akon. I still may not care for the man's music, but I really appreciate his friendship with MJ. Not that many people would defend Mike like that - in fact, apart from Elizabeth Taylor and maybe Eddie Murphy (oh wait, I guess Eddie Griffin too with TMZ last year, lol), I don't think I've ever seen any of Mike's friends stick up for him the way Akon has. Akon's consistently defending him and that's wonderful. He also isn't sharing his stories about Mike and I gotta respect that. I feel like most people are just too scared to disagree with the "majority" opinion and quick to sell their stories, and that's really unfortunate. Mike deserves solid friendships and it looks like he's getting that with Akon. That's pretty cool =).

Muchos - and anyone else who can't watch the clip, he says (at least the Mike part):

Interviewer: So how realistic is the fact that Michael Jackson is coming out with new music that you're involved with?
Akon: I'll let Mike answer that question.
Interviewer: Yeah? Can you call him so we can ask him?
Akon: Yes, I can't. (Laughs)
Interviewer: Can the D10 viewers hear one story that Michael Jackson shared with you?
Akon: No cuz that's an experience that I wanna cherish myself.
Interviewer: Augh! You're selfish dude!
Akon: Call it whatever you wanna call it.
Interviewer: Why don't you wanna share with the viewers?
Akon: Cuz the translation always comes out wrong. See man, y'all been dissing Mike for years man-
Interviewer: I never diss Mike. Mike's the man.
Akon: Y'all gotta stop that B.
Interviewer: Mike is the man.
Akon: I tell you, the next story I see about Mike that's negative I'm having- Imma find the editor.
Interviewer: So you and Mike are pretty close then?
Akon: That's my dawg man. And he's a good person.
Interviewer: He is a good person.
Akon: Great person!
Interviewer: Did you ever ask him why does he wear...? (Mimes a mask over mouth)
Akon: See?
Interviewer: No, I'm just curious!
Akon: Keep playing.
Interviewer: Dude.
Akon: You know I'm serious dude.
Interviewer: I'm serious too.
Akon: I will handle you right in front of your show. Don't you - aight, no more Mike questions. You're getting me upset right now.
Interviewer: Alright yo, forget it.
-end-

That took longer to transcribe than I thought, lol. But that's it. Watch it if you can though. I like the way he handles the Jessica Simpson questions too :).

could someone please upload it on youtube the other link isn't working for me thanx so much

ahaha the interviewer got what he deserved. Akon's face looks dead serious. He meant those words and was about to take a punch at the guy. He's like an honorary Jackson family member. Props Akon!

Serees, nice job. I could watch the clip but thanks for doing it for those who can't watch.

Wow, my respect for akon has just shot up the roof right now. Now that's being a true friend right there!

THx for the news and the video, It seems that Akon really becomes a Michael's dude now .

Back