heaven can wait?

mizzneneluvzmj

Proud Member
idk if this thread was already started..forgive me if it has been but i just stumbled upon mj's heaven can wait and im having a hard picking my jaw up off the floor! its so amazing! so incredible! so magical...his voice sores in this song!!!!....aaaaaaaaaaaaaah! *sorry im listening to it while i write

anyway im so angered at the fact that it wasnt released! sony really jipt him!! this song would have def been number all over!!!

what do you guys think?

havent heard it or need a reminder? here is the link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_myPklSHZg

lol, you don't have Invincible??

But yeah, it's beautiful, it's wonderful, incredible, I love it so.......

ok, I quit....But I do looove that song. It's so beautiful, and he sings with the best emotion, like he's going through it right now

well i HAD invincible when i was like 11 and back then i dont appreciate it for all its worth :(

but NOW im a rededicated fan and im starting over from the roots ya kno?

lol awesome song!

This song is amazing...
Michael sounds so serene...
But I reaallly doubt he sang this....

I mean...it's clear an angel has given his vocals for 'Heaven Can Wait'

-_-

well i HAD invincible when i was like 11 and back then i dont appreciate it for all its worth :(

but NOW im a rededicated fan and im starting over from the roots ya kno?

lol awesome song!

HEYYY, you're in the same boat as me. I too am a rededicated fan. Liked his stuff back in the days of my youth, but I didn't appreciate it as much as I do now.

But about Heaven Can Wait. I agree with you that it could have been released as a single. If one thinks back to 2001 and all the music that was there during the time, HCW would sound very nice. And yes his vocals are amazing..........................in the beginning.

For me, towards the end, I really feel he was pushing his voice too hard. Being a vocal major and knowing how the voice works, he was really straining and forcing for notes at the end of that song. Nonetheless, I still love the song. I just wish he took it more easy on his voice sometimes. I don't want the guy to get a vocal nodule one day. Ya know, i'm honestly surprised he hasn't gotten one yet.

Invincible had a lot of amazing songs!but because of Sony and becuse of some fans that are stuck on Thriller,we all lost that album...

Love the song. He sang his ass off. We can feel it through the CD and if we had heard him recording in the same recording booth, man....his voice must have echoed all through our bodies. So powerful.

I like it when he sings "Hey!" into this part:
Oh no, cant be without my baby
Wont go, without her I'd go crazy
Oh no, guess heaven will be waiting

Oh no, cant be without my baby
Wont go, without her Id go crazy
Oh no, guess heaven will be waiting

This is my favourite song off "Invincible", and one of my top5 MJ songs of all time!. :)
Real talk song #1 when he explains that he can't stand to see someone else kiss and touch his girls.

idk if this thread was already started..forgive me if it has been but i just stumbled upon mj's heaven can wait and im having a hard picking my jaw up off the floor! its so amazing! so incredible! so magical...his voice sores in this song!!!!....aaaaaaaaaaaaaah! *sorry im listening to it while i write

anyway im so angered at the fact that it wasnt released! sony really jipt him!! this song would have def been number all over!!!

what do you guys think?

havent heard it or need a reminder? here is the link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_myPklSHZg

it is a beautiful cut...

Did you know that it was scheduled for a single release right after Butterflies ?
Actually it is included on a promotional Valentine special Cd produced by Sony in early 2002.

I think that song also has a strong visual approcah, that would have been a good soundtrack to an amazing short film...

For me, towards the end, I really feel he was pushing his voice too hard. Being a vocal major and knowing how the voice works, he was really straining and forcing for notes at the end of that song. Nonetheless, I still love the song. I just wish he took it more easy on his voice sometimes. I don't want the guy to get a vocal nodule one day. Ya know, i'm honestly surprised he hasn't gotten one yet.

Hmmmm...I like it! lol. Isnt that the same sound he uses all the time????? It started a little with the Jacksons, and he's used it more and more. I think he is the only one who can get that sound out. It is a wonder that he hasn't 'ruined' his voice, but it must be something that he knows how to do, because he's been doing it so long and his voice is still amazing. I think he has certain qualities and can get certain sounds that other singers can't.

HEYYY, you're in the same boat as me. I too am a rededicated fan. Liked his stuff back in the days of my youth, but I didn't appreciate it as much as I do now.

But about Heaven Can Wait. I agree with you that it could have been released as a single. If one thinks back to 2001 and all the music that was there during the time, HCW would sound very nice. And yes his vocals are amazing..........................in the beginning.

well, different vocal majors have different opinions, lol. i've heard many, and we can't exact this down to a science. he doesn't have nodules for a reason, and others who have sung 'correctly', have had to take trips to the surgeon, and have lost their voice as a result.

as for the song, he sounds great from beginning to end, and this thread is proof that MJ's best friend is time.

Well I think Michael knows how to sing correctly, lol. He's as good a technician as I've ever heard.

But anyway, I love "Heaven Can Wait". Michael's voice is amazing on the track. And his phrasing is out of this world. When he sings "You're beautiful. Each moment spent with you is simply wonderful. This love I have for you, girl, it's inicredible. What good would heaven be, if the angels came for me, I'd tell them nooo." The way he lifts and dips his voice, the emotion he gets out of how he simply formulates the words, let alone the emotion the quality of his voice emites, is something amazing.

well, different vocal majors have different opinions, lol. i've heard many, and we can't exact this down to a science. he doesn't have nodules for a reason, and others who have sung 'correctly', have had to take trips to the surgeon, and have lost their voice as a result.

as for the song, he sounds great from beginning to end, and this thread is proof that MJ's best friend is time.

Yes, I am aware that vocalists have different opinions. Some teachers still don't consider belting to be a correct technique and can ruin your voice no matter how much your perfect it. I say their still in the dark ages! And Michael is def. a master of belting correctly. It just comes naturally for him. (and i can say that i am extremely jealous of that, lol)

But as for HCW, I guess it just might be me who thinks this. I always thought he sounded different that he usually does when he got to the end of the song. It just sounded really strained to me. As if he was really struggling for those high ones. I still enjoy the song immensely. And the part wannabe pointed out..........thats my favorite part vocally! Ugh, he just knows how to melodically phrase each note to sound so beautiful!

Well I think Michael knows how to sing correctly, lol. He's as good a technician as I've ever heard.

But anyway, I love "Heaven Can Wait". Michael's voice is amazing on the track. And his phrasing is out of this world. When he sings "You're beautiful. Each moment spent with you is simply wonderful. This love I have for you, girl, it's inicredible. What good would heaven be, if the angels came for me, I'd tell them nooo." The way he lifts and dips his voice, the emotion he gets out of how he simply formulates the words, let alone the emotion the quality of his voice emites, is something amazing.
I agree. The phrasing of the part you mentioned is so beautifully done. It makes a lot of difference to breath in and out at which point when singing the lyrics (one of the singers that I think is good at unique phrasing is Toni Braxton) He did it in an appealing way. The way he stops and starts between those words is jus....I can't even explain.

Belting is supposed to damage the voice. Pushing your chest voice isn't recommended when singing higher notes. A lot of singers like to do it though because your chest register is the richest. But you're supposed to switch to head voice when sining higher notes, which is something Michael usually does I think. I guess on "HCW" he just decided to go with his chest voice, which gave it that more gutteral sound, lol.

Outstanding, beautiful song and the lyrics! Most people in their fourties don't even think about that subject...but he has experienced the sick and the dying

belting is supposed to damage the voice. Pushing your chest voice isn't recommended when singing higher notes. A lot of singers like to do it though because your chest register is the richest. But you're supposed to switch to head voice when sining higher notes, which is something michael usually does i think. I guess on "hcw" he just decided to go with his chest voice, which gave it that more gutteral sound, lol.

bingoooo!!!!!

Belting is supposed to damage the voice. Pushing your chest voice isn't recommended when singing higher notes. A lot of singers like to do it though because your chest register is the richest. But you're supposed to switch to head voice when sining higher notes, which is something Michael usually does I think. I guess on "HCW" he just decided to go with his chest voice, which gave it that more gutteral sound, lol.
Also, more church, more traditional R&B. He def. took it to church on this song.

Back