February 11, 2009

MsSnoop

Proud Member
And how is everyone - the day AFTER my birthday :holiday: hee hee

Michael Jackson Mentionings:

The Michael Phelps Endorsement Factor
Branding Strategy Insider, FL -
Pepsi paid Michael Jackson $700,000 ($1.4m in today's money) in 1984 to star in three commercials. While filming, a smoke bomb exploded two feet from Jackson's head and set his Jheri-curled hair alight. The star was rushed to hospital in an ambulance, which he later claimed was 'one of those things [he] had always wanted to do'.

Hail to the chief
News Virginian, VA -
In addition, Dr. Peter Wilson has performed in orchestras backing up Ray Charles, Whitney Houston, Michael Jackson, Johnny Mathis and Joni Mitchell, as well as Jimmy Page ...

Darth Vader auditions as Michael Jackson for Britain's Got Talent
BirminghamMail.net, UK -
DARTH VADER has auditioned as a Michael Jackson impersonator for the next series of Britain's Got Talent, judge Piers Morgan has revealed. ...

MEDEIA: 'Descension' Video Available -
Blabbermouth.net, NY -
The clip is said to be "a twisted homage to Michael Jackson's classic 'Thriller' video, but with a more terrifying and disturbing end. ...

‘La Cage’ to end run at Riviera
Las Vegas Sun, NV -
Also let go last night were actors Lane Lassiter, who played Michael Jackson; Steven Wayne, who played Cher and was at the superstar singer’s premiere last ...

Strutting his stuff in a decade of dance

[SIZE=-1]Shanghai Daily, China - [/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]For many of them, it might be the first African man they have ever seen, for all of them it was first time they witnessed a Michael Jackson strutting his ...[/SIZE]

Today in
Michael Jackson History

1992 - Michael Jackson's single "Remember The Time" was released.

1991190229_small_1.jpg

1992 - Michael Jackson began a trip of Africa in Gaob. He had planned to visit the Ivory Coast and Tanzania.

========================================================​

Recent photos have created some comments about Michael's sunglasses... who likes what, which ones are better, what era you love the best....

Well, in the late 80's, I purchased a pair of Ray Bay Wayfarer glasses, and turned them into prescription sunglasses - my little way to dress like MJ, almost every day.

http://coolspotters.com/musicians/m...asses/ray-ban-aviator-sunglasses#medium-25443

Ray-Ban Aviators

F2EeCDF4d14c9ED9__gallery.jpg

THE KING OF RAY BAN - http://www.sunglasses-shop.co.uk/ray-ban/celebrities/october-2008/Michael-Jackson-Ray-Ban-3362.asp

==============================================
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ray-Ban_Aviator

Aviator sunglasses are a style of sunglasses that were developed by Ray-Ban in 1937. They are characterized by dark, often reflective lenses having an area two or three times the area of the eye socket, and metal frames with wire temples which hook behind the ears. Contemporary models are often polarized.
They were given their name due to their oblique teardrop shape, which matched those of the smoked-lens flying goggles which Ray-Ban was then selling to the Army and Navy.

The popularity of the glasses sky-rocketed as many celebrities began wearing the style of sunglasses. The style was popular since the 1960s, but hit a peak largely in the 1980s following pop culture references and use by celebrities in films like Top Gun, where Val Kilmer and Tom Cruise sported them. Other notable wearers include John Lennon, Travis Bickle, Slash, M. Shadows, Sam Totman, Michael Jackson, Britney Spears, Madonna, Hunter S. Thompson, Irwin Sparkes, Lemmy Kilmister, Johnny Knoxville, Pat Lobene, Freddie Mercury, Roger Waters, Steven Tyler, Axl Rose, Kanye West, Jim Morrison, Mas Oyama, Shahrukh Khan, Jimmy Page, John Bonham and GG Allin.

=============================================================================​

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118000006.html?categoryId=3551&cs=1

John Landis on Michael Jackson

div#relatedBox {margin:5px;}
div#relatedBox {margin:5px; width:300px;}http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118000041.html?categoryid=3551&cs=1

More than one option

More than one option

Michael's true superstardom began with "Thriller," produced by Quincy Jones in 1982, which became the biggest-selling record album of all time. Michael had seen my film "An American Werewolf in London" and was fascinated by Rick Baker's groundbreaking makeup effects. Michael told me he "wanted to turn into a monster." I proposed making a short film for theatrical release, instead of a standard musicvideo. Walter Yetnikoff of CBS Records politely told us to "fuck off" when we asked for financing. Regardless, we were able to raise the money from two television presales. I wrote a script, and production was painless and fun. Michael's celebrity was incredible. Everyone famous, from Jackie Onassis to Marlon Brando, visited the set. The "Michael Jackson's Thriller" short was booked with "Walt Disney's Fantasia" at the Avco Cinema in Westwood, and the response was so gigantic that Yetnikoff insisted that it be pulled from theaters and broadcast on television. It quickly aired on Showtime and then MTV, and the "Thriller Album" doubled its already record-breaking sales.

Remember the time is such a great song.

Back