Feb 13 - 15 {Update on post #37 for Feb 15, 2009}

mariemarie

Guests
Hey everyone. Have you checked out Dorothy's guide on how to get through the tabloid jungle? As todays headlines are about certain bodyparts that may fall off, I suggest you to check out this thread http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=59171. And now, the weekend is once again upon us. YaY!​

Jacksons clothing on display at Los Angeles” new Grammy Museum
j02-84-052a.jpg

Washington, February 13 (ANI): The clothes Michael Jackson donned during his Victory tour, and at the 1984 American Music Awards, are being exhibited at Los Angeles” new Grammy Museum.

Eight elaborately embellished jackets, two gloves, and accessories form part of the exhibition, reports, Contactmusic.
The outfit that Jackson wore when he unveiled his star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame in November, 1984, is also being displayed.

http://www.thaindian.com/newsportal/entertainment/jackos-clothing-on-display-at-los-angeles-new-grammy-museum_100154696.html

Music Trivia
Written by R Kelly, Michael Jackson's You are Not Alone remains one of Jackson's best selling singles. It holds the Guinness World Record for the first song ever to debut at number one on the Billboard Hot 100 chart, where the single registered first week sales of 120,000 copies. It was later certified platinum by the RIAA for shipments of at least one million units within the US.

THE PULSE OF ENTERTAINMENT: Norman Connors is back with 'Star Power'

*The man that brought “Quiet Storm” and “You are my Starship” to the airwaves, Norman Connors, is back with a powerful album release on his “indie” label Star Ship Records in partnership with Shanachie Entertainment. The CD titled “Star Power” features the vocals of Peabo Bryson, Howard Hewitt and Christopher Williams, and musician help from Bobby Lyle and Ray Parker, Jr.​

Grammy Award winning Peabo sings one of Norman’s classic songs, “You are my Starship,” like only Peabo can sing it. Guitarist Ray Parker Jr. makes his instrument sing Michael Jackson’s 1979 hit, “Rock with You.”

Wedding plans? Here's some tips!

I’ve just recently gotten engaged, and my soon-to-be-wife and I are both kind of cash-strapped agnostics. It’s the first time for both of us, so we’d really like to do it right and include as many friends and family as possible. So my question is twofold: a) how to create a solemn and meaningful ceremony without a religious element and find the right person to officiate it, and b) how to make a nice wedding for 100 or so guests on the cheap. Please help! —Groomy Gus

Dear Gus,
You should have a good friend get a license to officiate your wedding. It’s easy. Most states can give you a one-day certificate. Just make sure you tell him (or her) not to swear (nothing makes a wedding more weird than someone going, “Do you take this fucking man to be…”) Also, make sure they aren’t Wiccan or into emo. Next, find a cool space somewhere to rent or use—a nearby farm, a music venue, a well-off friend’s parents’ summer home. Buy all the food and liquor yourselves (or make it a pot luck and cash bar) and hire a few people to serve, clean up, and help out. Now the fun part—hire some celebrity impersonators. A few suggestions: Michael Jackson, Ashton Kutcher, Slash, Robert De Niro, and Roman Polanski. (No one knows what he looks like, so feel free to just get an old guy to walk around going, “I’m Roman Polanski!”) People will remember it. If you want to take it to another level, give the wedding a simple theme, like “beach wedding,” “Old West wedding,” or “barely legal.”​

Today in
Michael Jackson History

1988 - Michael Jackson finalized the deal on a ranch in Santa Ynez, California that he called "Neverland."

1989 - Michael Jackson fired his manager Frank DiLeo. It was reported that DiLeo had asked for a $60 million settlement to prevent him from revealing Jackson's lifestyle secrets to the media.

1997 - Michael Jackson and Debbie Rowe's son, Prince Michael Jackson Jr., was born.

2004 - A preliminary hearing took place in the Michael Jackson child molestation case. The judge said that he wanted the trial to take place in the current year. He also agreed to release edited versions of sealed documents related to all searches in the case. The judge also left his gag order in place.
349825.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Feb 13 - 15 Weekend News Bytes

Thanx for the news!

THANX ALOT!
Happy birthday to Prince!
And another important day also for Michael about Neverland..

Thanks for posting! Damn, is it true about F. Dileo wanting to reveal Michael's "lifestyle secrets"? That sucks...If it's true, then what a asshole!

Thanks for posting! Damn, is it true about F. Dileo wanting to reveal Michael's "lifestyle secrets"? That sucks...If it's true, then what a asshole!

Well during the trial Dileo was the only Manager of MJ's who showed up to support him, so i wouldn't say he's an asshole now

betinfluential2.jpg

http://www.bet.com/Music/msc_fb_top25influ...sic_1.29.09.htm

1. Bob Marley

2. Michael Jackson
He is the King of Pop and nobody will ever take that title from him. Jackson redefined the concept of music videos and has sold over 750 million units worldwide.

3. Prince
4. Ella Fitzgerald
5. Little Richard
6. James Brown
7. Ray Charles
8. Aretha Franklin
9. Marvin Gaye
10. Curtis Mayfield
11. Stevie Wonder
12. Quincy Jones
13. Berry Gordy
14. Russell Simmons
15. Miles Davis
16. Diddy
17. Jay-Z
18. Nina Simone
19. Tupac Shakur
20. Notorious B.I.G.
21. Luther Vandross
22. Chaka Khan
23. Diana Ross
25. Mary J. Blige
26. Jimi Hendrix

... another dumb list from BET - what's this obsession with ranking everything?

and you know how dumb it is when Stevie Wonder is at no. 11, lol.

no one has influenced modern Western music more than Stevie.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zlh6H65B5ls

and Jimi behind all those muppets?

f_doh.gif

Thanks for the news.

frank and mj are good friends. so that story was just typcial tabloid B.S. franks very protective of mj to this day

... another dumb list from BET - what's this obsession with ranking everything?
f_doh.gif

Good question LOL. I personally love polls and ranks and whatnot. But what I do miss is a little more insight in why the top ten, 20 or 100 list ends up looking like it does. =)

ama garb at the grammy museum? lol...well u got it right, that it's mj, so it doesn't matter, grammy people. lol

Grammy Museum Presents "Michael Jackson: HIStyle”

(13-2-2009) On February 7, 2009, The GRAMMY Museum in Los Angeles (USA) unveiled 'Michael Jackson: HIStyle'. This one-of-a-kind exhibit features a selection of the elaborate clothing that has come to define the “King of Pop’s” uniquely personal style. Located on the Museum’s third floor, this limited-time exhibit will offer visitors the unprecedented opportunity to get up close and personal with one of pop culture’s most iconic looks.

“The GRAMMY Museum is excited for this rare chance to share this material with our visitors,” said Chief Curator Ken Luftig Viste. “Michael Jackson is undeniably one of the most significant entertainers in pop music history, and the pieces’ starpower – and design -- is striking. Few, if any, have ever before been made available to the public in this way.”

Including eight elaborately embellished jackets, two gloves, and more, the exhibit will be on display until mid-April 2009. Highlights include jackets worn on the Victory tour, at Jackson’s 1984 American Music Awards appearance, and at the dedication of his star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. All are elaborately bejeweled, beaded, and detailed – with one piece weighing nearly fifteen pounds.

“As a 21st Century museum, we will update our exhibit content frequently,” said Executive Director Robert Santelli. “Though we’ve only been open a short time, Michael Jackson: HIStyle allows us to demonstrate our steadfast commitment to putting that goal into practice. Plus, it’s an amazing collection.”

Programs related to Michael Jackson: HIStyle will be announced shortly.

The GRAMMY Museum at L.A. LIVE is located at 800 West Olympic Boulevard, Los Angeles, CA 90015. With an entrance off of Figueroa Street (one-half block from STAPLES Center), the Museum is located within the L.A. LIVE sports, residential, and entertainment district, at the intersection of Olympic Boulevard and Figueroa Street in downtown Los Angeles. For more information visit www.grammymuseum.org.

Source: MJFC / The Grammy Museum

http://www.mjfanclub.net/home/index...ackson-histyle&catid=85:latest-news&Itemid=82

Re: Grammy Museum Presents "Michael Jackson: HIStyle”

awesome
i want pics lol

Haha HIStyle. I like that.

:wild: OMGosh! That's amazin'. Wish I could go see it.....but I guess I can settle for pics.....if anyone takes any...

Thanks for posting the news, Marie and everyone else.

haha HISstyle....just awesome :) suits mike perfectly!

gee..they bein nice now? well remove the quotations from King of Pop before i pay to see that. lol:lol:

Jeez i really hope i get to see it sometime...maybe i could go there for my 18th birthday...hmmmm

how long is it going to be on? Lets check my budget...

OMG just think about it...GPs on display AGAIN! :))))))

Last edited:

HIStyle > how can they sum that up in one 'limited-time only exibition' ? :rolleyes:

Frank will never sell out MJ he cares about him and still does today. Bring back big frank, oh they were the days.

Remember him when he can on wogan with Brandon Adams Promoting moonwalker

Happy Valentine's Day!

DID YOU KNOW?
According to Roman mythology, Cupid was the son of Venus, the goddess of love and beauty. Cupid was known to cause people to fall in love by shooting them with his magical arrows. But Cupid didn't just cause others to fall in love - he himself fell deeply in love. As legend has it, Cupid fell in love with a mortal maiden named Psyche. Cupid married Psyche, but Venus, jealous of Psyche's beauty, forbade her daughter-in-law to look at Cupid. Psyche, of course, couldn't resist temptation and sneaked a peek at her handsome husband. As punishment, Venus demanded that she perform three hard tasks, the last of which caused Psyche's death. Cupid brought Psyche back to life and the gods, moved by their love, granted Pysche immortality. Cupid thus represents the heart and Psyche the (struggles of the) human soul.

Did you know that some fans kind of spent some time with Michael on a Valentine's Day? That was when he made the Heal the Kids speech in New York on February 14th, 2001.:D

I heard the reason frank was fired was because sony wanted him out and that was one of the reqs to the big 91 contract

yeah frank said something like that

Last edited:

Update coming up for Feb 14, 2009. Happy Valentine's Day to all you lovers out there. :D

Back