MJ has a blackbelt?!?

mizzneneluvzmj

Proud Member
okay well i was talking to one of my friends on youtube and she told me that mj actually has a blackbelt...

i dont know if i should believe her not.

do any of you kno whether or not there is any truth to this story?

in a interview will smith said that mj "is like a black belt, he kicked over my head".

yea and i found this quote from him

Will Smith [When asked if Michael plays an Alien in MIB2]: (Laughs) Listen, Michael Jackson is really funny. To have time to spend with him and actually be around him he's not what, what people think he is. Michael Jackson; Michael Jackson's like a black belt too, so he will kick your @#%$ if you say somethin' about him.

yeah he received it when he was in Japan, but i think it is just some kind of honorary black belt.
i have somewhere photos of that event..i will post it when i find:)

karate2.jpg

Japan17.jpg

karate1.jpg

karate.gif

In the late 90's (like 1999 or maybe 2000) my japanese pen pal told me that Michael has practiced karate since the early 90's and at that time he almost had the black belt. In 2002 Uri Geller also told some fans that Michael indeed has black belt.

In the late 90's (like 1999 or maybe 2000) my japanese pen pal told me that Michael has practiced karate since the early 90's and at that time he almost had the black belt. In 2002 Uri Geller also told some fans that Michael indeed has black belt.

and do you know, did he tell how he got it? i mean is it "just" a honorary one, or he did the exam? coz as far as i remember it is just a honorary one

thanks for posting!!!
u r welcome:)

yeah he received it when he was in Japan, but i think it is just some kind of honorary black belt.
i have somewhere photos of that event..i will post it when i find:)[/QUOT

yeah, it's just an honorary black belt. To be a real black belt requires at least 6 years of intensive training, at least. But I really think MJ does some kind of martial arts on his own, I mean he can kick above one's head, so he must have had some basic training.

I REALLY doubt it...

I have found the following article in the Black and White magazine:

25th July Japan 1998

Michael goes to the "Kick-Boxing Champion All-star Match" and is honored with the "President of the International Karate-club" title. He also receives a Kimono with a black belt. Maikaku Choudouin, the president of the club says the following about the honourary: "We decided to give Michael the Honorary President title, because he is an enthusiastic karate fan, and has shown a lot of talent for this sport. On the 25th October in Kokugian he will give a foretaste of his knowledge of karate. "
After this Michael took part on a 20 Minute long Karate class.

for 26th July the magazine writes: Michael was due to make a shopping trip this day, but cancells it because the previous day during his karate class he got the cold

(i wonder if he really showed some karate foretaste on the 25th October..i do not have any news about it)

I have found the following article in the Black and White magazine:

25th July Japan 1998

Michael goes to the "Kick-Boxing Champion All-star Match" and is honored with the "President of the International Karate-club" title. He also receives a Kimono with a black belt. Maikaku Choudouin, the president of the club says the following about the honourary: "We decided to give Michael the Honorary President title, because he is an enthusiastic karate fan, and has shown a lot of talent for this sport. On the 25th October in Kokugian he will give a foretaste of his knowledge of karate. "
After this Michael took part on a 20 Minute long Karate class.

for 26th July the magazine writes: Michael was due to make a shopping trip this day, but cancells it because the previous day during his karate class he got the cold

(i wonder if he really showed some karate foretaste on the 25th October..i do not have any news about it)

thanks for that!
looks like he just does it for fun, he doesnt seem to be a black belt persay...
still cute....

check out 3:53-3:56
a little karate action! lol

it wouldn't suprise me if he were really a back belt going by the way his body can move he'd pick up on it easy

mizzneneluvzmj: thx for the video, nice karate moves :D

pity we do not have any photos of his karate class. he must have been cool in that karate suit..oh and i guess he got the cold coz he was withous shoes socks.lol

:punk:He was given a honoury one when he was in Japan but he did take extensive Karate lessons in the 80s and 90s for self defense..

i remember of a video from an MTV Bad tour special i think when he is making some Karate moves in front of Frank Dileo,wish i could find this on youtube now

maybe any of you can check in the Adrian Grant book what he did on 25th October 1998? doubt though that he did the karate foretast, but maybe?lol
(my Adrian Grant book is only until 1997 :( )

Michael is the last person I'd expect to be in to karate lol.

why is that? Michael does Karate inspired moves onstage sometimes. He is a very deep person connected with the world and himself, very passionette and driven. Karate can do this for you if the class focuses on being connected mind, body, spirit. Martial Arts can really work wonders on a person's confidence, because of the dissipline and all the things you realise you can do with your body. I know this from hearing about different martial arts stuff and i know of someone who took Martial Arts and has achieved a lot in his life. my brother took Karate from 4-9 years old and he gets strait A's and loves school..no doubt Karate helped with that. also, Criss Angel the Illusionist took Karate at a young age and he is EXTREMLY driven. he has said many times never take a second of life for granted. "when the mind, the body, and the spirit work as one, anything is possible." ~ Criss Angel

im not trying to be a smart allic...just informative. :hug:

Karate is right up his Alley. I LOVE Karate and Tye-Quan-Do Id do one or the other if i had the money. Michael probably did a good amount of Karate he probably likes the disipline aspect of it.

Michael may know some karate moves but I think his black belt in an honorary one, like many stars who have honorary Masters Degrees from Universities they never studied at. Michael friend Mark Lester is a black belt in karate.

Michael may know some karate moves but I think his black belt in an honorary one, like many stars who have honorary Masters Degrees from Universities they never studied at. Michael friend Mark Lester is a black belt in karate.
yeah, it is a honorary one, check my post in the previous page, there i wrote what they reported about it in 1998 when he received it ;)

wow i did not know Mark Lester is black belt. then he could teach Michael :D

why is that? Michael does Karate inspired moves onstage sometimes. He is a very deep person connected with the world and himself, very passionette and driven. Karate can do this for you if the class focuses on being connected mind, body, spirit. Martial Arts can really work wonders on a person's confidence, because of the dissipline and all the things you realise you can do with your body. I know this from hearing about different martial arts stuff and i know of someone who took Martial Arts and has achieved a lot in his life. my brother took Karate from 4-9 years old and he gets strait A's and loves school..no doubt Karate helped with that. also, Criss Angel the Illusionist took Karate at a young age and he is EXTREMLY driven. he has said many times never take a second of life for granted. "when the mind, the body, and the spirit work as one, anything is possible." ~ Criss Angel

im not trying to be a smart allic...just informative. :hug:

Karate is right up his Alley. I LOVE Karate and Tye-Quan-Do Id do one or the other if i had the money. Michael probably did a good amount of Karate he probably likes the disipline aspect of it.

yea ur rite about the karate moves on stage...check out the vid i posted on page 1...at 3:53 to 3:56

it wouldn't suprise me if he were really a back belt going by the way his body can move he'd pick up on it easy
Fo sho! The same goes for Taekwondo. Black belts do take time and effort to get, but he seems to be someone who can learn it real fast. Thanx for the pics Agnes. HOTT!!!

REALLY?! :woohoo:

this is most awesome :wild: :heart: :woohoo: :heart: :wub:

Good for him.....makes it easier to whoop some ass when he needs to :zformation: :mello:

:lol: jk.....it actually wouldn't surprise me since he seems to absorb all life has to offer :)

Back