Monday 16th February 2009

mjsexbomb

Proud Member
gallery_1185.gif

:D Hay everyone!

Michael Jackson News

What do Michael Jackson and ET have in common?

Evan Maloneym blognews.com

So I saw this article about Michael Jackson auctioning all his stuff and thought there might be something worth looking at. But then I took a look at some of the items up for sale and thought, “My God, what a pile of spandex-and-metal peanut-mincing crap that is. Most of the stuff looks like MTV bubble-gum made out of silver or bronze.” Seriously, is there one item in there that you’d like to call your own? Spandex gloves, rhinestone socks, red capes?

The entire auction is made up of the sort of nasty Christmas presents you get from aunties and uncles who only see you once a year at Christmas because they live in Geegungagong or something similarly remote, only this Christmas they won the lottery and so their bad taste has got a bit of coin behind it. The most interesting piece is the painting which shows Michael with some historical figures that he obviously identifies with: Abe Lincoln, George Washington, Albert Einstein, Mona Lisa, and ET. All of them are wearing Michael’s spandex gloves and dark sunglasses (though obviously these were not bought at the auction). It would be an interesting exercise to try and analyse why Jackson chose these five figures to surround him in the painting. It’s not just the fact that they are icons, because James Dean or Marilyn Monroe or Elizabeth Taylor could all be thrown in there as well. But something else, apart from the iconographic stature in the modern world, must have prompted Jackson to put them in the picture.

Washington famously helped draft the American constitution about all men being created equal, although he had over 30 slaves of his own at the time. Abe Lincoln looks gay. I never noticed what a limp wrist he had until I saw it covered by a spandex glove. Einstein’s scientific breakthrough led to the creation of the atomic bomb, and nobody knows t this day who the Mona Lisa really is. As for ET, I have no idea where the connection is there. Anyone care to guess the connections themselves?

http://blogs.news.com.au/news/splat...o_michael_jackson_and_et_have_in_common/49024

Portrait-of-Michael-Jacks-001.jpg

Items from Michael Jackson's Neverland Ranch Hitting the Auction Block

KWTX.com

An auction will be held this April to sell 2000 items from Michael Jackson's Neverland Ranch. Jackson left the California property last fall, and it has since been renamed Sycamore Valley Ranch. This is the first sale of property from Neverland that has been sanctioned by Michael Jackson. According to Luxist.com, many of the items are made of bronze or marble, and covered with elaborate gilding. " Pieces include suits of armor, a throne, a cape, a portrait of Michael Jackson in Elizabethan dress, rhinestone gloves and socks, costumes, and awards." The auction will also include a Rolls Royce, which is expected to fetch anywhere between $140,000 to $160,000. The auction is scheduled to happen from April 14th to 20th at Julien's Auction House in Beverly Hills. A portion of the proceeds will benefit MusiCares, a charity from The National Recording Academy.

http://www.kwtx.com/offbeatnews/headlines/39660892.html

wow look at all this stuff! :wub:

mjportrait.jpg
Elizabethan portrait, $4,000-6,000
mjrobot.jpg
Moonwalker robot head from the film Moonwalker, $2,000-3,000 :swoon:

Michael-Jacksons-auction--027.jpg

The stretched Rolls Royce Silver Seraph along with other Jackson memorabilia will be up for bid by Julien's Auctions at the Beverley Hills Hilton. The dark blue Seraph wears an interior which looks to have been pulled directly from the Palace of Versailles and seats five, seven if you must include the front cabin passengers. Price guidance puts the car at $140,000 - $160,000, don't spend too much time investigating the upholstery

well, if i had a few spare thousand pound then i might get one :tease:

Michael Jackson Mentionings

Jacksons star in Nigeria resort row

Andrew Walker BBC News,

One of pop superstar Michael Jackson's brothers, Marlon, is involved in a controversial plan to develop a $3.4bn (£2.4bn) slavery memorial and luxury resort in Badagry, Nigeria.

The historic slave port is to be transformed through the bizarre combination of a slave history theme park and a museum dedicated to double Grammy-winning pop-soul group the Jackson Five. The idea is that the band will help attract African-American tourists keen to trace their roots back to Nigeria. The men behind the plan say it will honour the history of the transatlantic slave trade and provide employment opportunities for Nigerians. But the plan has been condemned by Nigerian commentators.

The Jackson Five The Jackson Five got discos moving in the 1970s and the 1980s The developers say the Badagry Historical Resort will be marketed to African-American tourists as a mixture of luxury tourist attractions and historical education. Visitors will be able to see the route their ancestors walked, shackled together as they were whipped toward the "point of no return". They can then retire to their five-star hotel to drink cocktails by the pool. Visitors will be able to pay their respects at the site of a mass grave for those who died before boarding ships across the Atlantic Ocean. And then travel a few yards in a buggy to play a round of golf. They can visit a replica slave ship to see the conditions Africans suffered, before visiting the world's only museum dedicated to the career of the Jackson Five. Academics believe up to two million people died during the transatlantic slave trade between the 16th and 19th Centuries. The Jacksons' upbeat tunes like ABC and Blame it on the Boogie enlivened US and UK discos throughout the 1970s. On display at the museum will be animatronic vignettes of the band, memorabilia and "holographic displays" of the group that launched the career of Michael Jackson. 'The right place' "The Badagry Historical Resort development project will certainly enhance the quality of life for millions of people across Nigeria," promotional material for the resort says.

It's like dancing on the graves of dead people and telling them you're honouring them C Don Adinuba Writer But critics have dismissed the project as a cynical money-making scheme, inappropriate for the subject of such seriousness as the transatlantic slave trade. The idea to bring together slavery and the Jackson Five came during a visit to Nigeria by US businessmen and former Jacksons singer Marlon Jackson.

"The Jackson Family had been looking for a place to site their memorabilia collection for some time," says Gary Loster, a former mayor of Saginaw, Michigan, and chief executive of The Motherland Group. "We visited the site of the slave port in Badagry and Marlon turned to me and said: 'Let's put it here, this is right'. "It's such an emotional place, and I think we all felt that it was the right place to have the Jackson family memorial."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/africa/7858010.stm

_45425450_badagry_jacksons_ap_226.jpg

Thriller Live extends its West End run by four months

Thriller Live - the West End show based around the music of Michael Jackson and the Jackson 5 - has extended its run at the Lyric Theatre by four months. Ricko Baird in Thriller Live at the Lyric, London Ricko Baird in Thriller Live at the Lyric, London Photo: Tristram Kenton The show, which premiered in London on January 2, was initially booking until April 12, but will now close on September 27. A second production of the show set out on a tour of the UK and Europe last week, opening at the Royal and Derngate in Northampton. Thriller Live features well known hits by Michael Jackson and the Jackson 5 including I Want You Back, Rock With You, Thriller, Beat It, Man in the Mirror and Earth Song.

http://www.thestage.co.uk/news/newsstory.php/23499/thriller-live-extends-its-west-end-run-by

thriller.jpg

'Fixated' Part 2: Take Chris Brown Down ?

Unlike other child-stars, mainly actors who’ve had bouts with the law, Chris Brown’s rise to the top of Pop Culture, not just the R&B scene, was quick, celebrated and rivaled that of Michael Jackson. In fact, Brown had been donned the ‘new Michael Jackson’ :doh: (Yeah right!)

on many occasions and had even warmed up to movie buffs who’d seen him in ‘Stomp The Yard’ and ‘This Christmas,’ the latter a role that fit his ‘good boy next door’ image. With that said Brown’s image was so well put together that his 2007 Giant Magazine interview, in which he discusses an abusive step-father, was virtually ignored in favor of hyping up his role in ‘Stomp The Yard’. Today there seems to be a fixation on taking the singer down like Michael Jackson who was donned ‘Wacko-Jacko’ after his bouts with the court on ‘child molestation charges’ and has since had a difficult time keeping his ‘King of Pop’ status (Jackson will always be iconic though).

In similar cases, which automatically cause you to think of R. Kelly and Michael Jackson, the backlash was hard to call. For R. Kelly, the charges and coverage surrounding them nearly worked in his favor in terms of record sales and charting singles. In fact some may say R. Kelly was at his peak during the several year legal battle which ended in July of 2008. For Brown, his case is up in the air. It is however, the court of public opinion, that has already weighed in with some counting the singer out and others waiting on the actual charges, investigation and whatever comes next.

http://www.singersroom.com/news/entertainment-story-3275.asp

Catching up with the life of Riley

When Bobby Brown yelled, "Yo, Teddy, kick it like this," in 1988's "My Prerogative," he was giving a shout out to Teddy Riley, the musician/producer who perfected the style for which Brown became known, New Jack Swing. Riley was integral to that track, as well as dozens of others that brought a still-imitated funky swagger to the pop charts, including Keith Sweat's "I Want Her," Johnny Kemp's "Just Got Paid," and one of Michael Jackson's best, "In the Closet. :D

http://www.boston.com/ae/music/articles/2009/02/16/catching_up_with_the_life_of_riley/

G.I. Joe Characters Like A Michael Jackson Evolutionary Map

cobrajackson.jpg

We've already pointed out a chilling similarity between Michael Jackson and Watchmen's Rorschach. But upon browsing the packaging for a set of G.I. Joe movie tie-in action figures, we were instantly struck by how much of its cast echo the singer's wildly morphing looks throughout the years. And why shouldn't they, really, as Jackson's Neverland Ranch played host to some of the most legendary all-boy G.I. Joe paintball survival weekends on Santa Barbara Police Department record.

http://www.defamer.com.au/2009/02/gi_joe_characters_like_a_michael_jackson_evolutionary_map-2.html

Today in Michael Jackson History

1997 - Michael Jackson performed at a tribute to Elizabeth Taylor at her AIDS benefit in Los Angeles, CA. ABC-TV aired the event as "Happy Birthday, Elizabeth" on February 27, 1997.

2005 - Michael Jackson was released from Marian Medical Center after a brief hospitalization for flu-like symptoms. Jackson had been admitted the previous day.

Michael Jackson Quote

Hold my hand, feel the touch of your body cling to mine
You and me, makin' love, all the way through another night
I remember, you and I, walking through the park at night Kiss and touch, nothing much, let it blow just touch and go
Love me more, never leave, me alone by house of love
People talk, people say what we have is just a game Ooooohhhh
I'll never let you go, Come here girl
Just got to make sweet love 'til the break of dawn

276974%7EMichael-Jackson-Posters.jpg

3.gif

Video of the day

Is it Scary :wub:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YF3eHEcjdJw&feature=related

Members Birthdays

Darvon1982 (27) His confessions (24) Mjkop4ever (20) melissa123 (18)
:cheers:

happy-birthday-with-flowers.gif

n529556743_1921453_9138.jpg

gallery_373.gif

gallery_1185.gif

:D Hay everyone!

Michael Jackson News

What do Michael Jackson and ET have in common?

Evan Maloneym blognews.com​

So I saw this article about Michael Jackson auctioning all his stuff and thought there might be something worth looking at. But then I took a look at some of the items up for sale and thought, “My God, what a pile of spandex-and-metal peanut-mincing crap that is. Most of the stuff looks like MTV bubble-gum made out of silver or bronze.” Seriously, is there one item in there that you’d like to call your own? Spandex gloves, rhinestone socks, red capes?​

The entire auction is made up of the sort of nasty Christmas presents you get from aunties and uncles who only see you once a year at Christmas because they live in Geegungagong or something similarly remote, only this Christmas they won the lottery and so their bad taste has got a bit of coin behind it. The most interesting piece is the painting which shows Michael with some historical figures that he obviously identifies with: Abe Lincoln, George Washington, Albert Einstein, Mona Lisa, and ET. All of them are wearing Michael’s spandex gloves and dark sunglasses (though obviously these were not bought at the auction). It would be an interesting exercise to try and analyse why Jackson chose these five figures to surround him in the painting. It’s not just the fact that they are icons, because James Dean or Marilyn Monroe or Elizabeth Taylor could all be thrown in there as well. But something else, apart from the iconographic stature in the modern world, must have prompted Jackson to put them in the picture.​

Washington famously helped draft the American constitution about all men being created equal, although he had over 30 slaves of his own at the time. Abe Lincoln looks gay. I never noticed what a limp wrist he had until I saw it covered by a spandex glove. Einstein’s scientific breakthrough led to the creation of the atomic bomb, and nobody knows t this day who the Mona Lisa really is. As for ET, I have no idea where the connection is there. Anyone care to guess the connections themselves?​

Portrait-of-Michael-Jacks-001.jpg

Items from Michael Jackson's Neverland Ranch Hitting the Auction Block

KWTX.com​

An auction will be held this April to sell 2000 items from Michael Jackson's Neverland Ranch. Jackson left the California property last fall, and it has since been renamed Sycamore Valley Ranch. This is the first sale of property from Neverland that has been sanctioned by Michael Jackson. According to Luxist.com, many of the items are made of bronze or marble, and covered with elaborate gilding. " Pieces include suits of armor, a throne, a cape, a portrait of Michael Jackson in Elizabethan dress, rhinestone gloves and socks, costumes, and awards." The auction will also include a Rolls Royce, which is expected to fetch anywhere between $140,000 to $160,000. The auction is scheduled to happen from April 14th to 20th at Julien's Auction House in Beverly Hills. A portion of the proceeds will benefit MusiCares, a charity from The National Recording Academy.​

wow look at all this stuff! :wub:

mjportrait.jpg
Elizabethan portrait, $4,000-6,000

mjrobot.jpg
Moonwalker robot head from the film Moonwalker, $2,000-3,000 :swoon:​

Michael-Jacksons-auction--027.jpg

The stretched Rolls Royce Silver Seraph along with other Jackson memorabilia will be up for bid by Julien's Auctions at the Beverley Hills Hilton. The dark blue Seraph wears an interior which looks to have been pulled directly from the Palace of Versailles and seats five, seven if you must include the front cabin passengers. Price guidance puts the car at $140,000 - $160,000, don't spend too much time investigating the upholstery​

well, if i had a few spare thousand pound then i might get one :tease:

Michael Jackson Mentionings

Jacksons star in Nigeria resort row

Andrew Walker BBC News,​

One of pop superstar Michael Jackson's brothers, Marlon, is involved in a controversial plan to develop a $3.4bn (£2.4bn) slavery memorial and luxury resort in Badagry, Nigeria.​

The historic slave port is to be transformed through the bizarre combination of a slave history theme park and a museum dedicated to double Grammy-winning pop-soul group the Jackson Five. The idea is that the band will help attract African-American tourists keen to trace their roots back to Nigeria. The men behind the plan say it will honour the history of the transatlantic slave trade and provide employment opportunities for Nigerians. But the plan has been condemned by Nigerian commentators.​

The Jackson Five The Jackson Five got discos moving in the 1970s and the 1980s The developers say the Badagry Historical Resort will be marketed to African-American tourists as a mixture of luxury tourist attractions and historical education. Visitors will be able to see the route their ancestors walked, shackled together as they were whipped toward the "point of no return". They can then retire to their five-star hotel to drink cocktails by the pool. Visitors will be able to pay their respects at the site of a mass grave for those who died before boarding ships across the Atlantic Ocean. And then travel a few yards in a buggy to play a round of golf. They can visit a replica slave ship to see the conditions Africans suffered, before visiting the world's only museum dedicated to the career of the Jackson Five. Academics believe up to two million people died during the transatlantic slave trade between the 16th and 19th Centuries. The Jacksons' upbeat tunes like ABC and Blame it on the Boogie enlivened US and UK discos throughout the 1970s. On display at the museum will be animatronic vignettes of the band, memorabilia and "holographic displays" of the group that launched the career of Michael Jackson. 'The right place' "The Badagry Historical Resort development project will certainly enhance the quality of life for millions of people across Nigeria," promotional material for the resort says.​

It's like dancing on the graves of dead people and telling them you're honouring them C Don Adinuba Writer But critics have dismissed the project as a cynical money-making scheme, inappropriate for the subject of such seriousness as the transatlantic slave trade. The idea to bring together slavery and the Jackson Five came during a visit to Nigeria by US businessmen and former Jacksons singer Marlon Jackson.​

"The Jackson Family had been looking for a place to site their memorabilia collection for some time," says Gary Loster, a former mayor of Saginaw, Michigan, and chief executive of The Motherland Group. "We visited the site of the slave port in Badagry and Marlon turned to me and said: 'Let's put it here, this is right'. "It's such an emotional place, and I think we all felt that it was the right place to have the Jackson family memorial."​

_45425450_badagry_jacksons_ap_226.jpg

Thriller Live extends its West End run by four months

Thriller Live - the West End show based around the music of Michael Jackson and the Jackson 5 - has extended its run at the Lyric Theatre by four months. Ricko Baird in Thriller Live at the Lyric, London Ricko Baird in Thriller Live at the Lyric, London Photo: Tristram Kenton The show, which premiered in London on January 2, was initially booking until April 12, but will now close on September 27. A second production of the show set out on a tour of the UK and Europe last week, opening at the Royal and Derngate in Northampton. Thriller Live features well known hits by Michael Jackson and the Jackson 5 including I Want You Back, Rock With You, Thriller, Beat It, Man in the Mirror and Earth Song.​

thriller.jpg

'Fixated' Part 2: Take Chris Brown Down ?

Unlike other child-stars, mainly actors who’ve had bouts with the law, Chris Brown’s rise to the top of Pop Culture, not just the R&B scene, was quick, celebrated and rivaled that of Michael Jackson. In fact, Brown had been donned the ‘new Michael Jackson’ :doh: (Yeah right!)

on many occasions and had even warmed up to movie buffs who’d seen him in ‘Stomp The Yard’ and ‘This Christmas,’ the latter a role that fit his ‘good boy next door’ image. With that said Brown’s image was so well put together that his 2007 Giant Magazine interview, in which he discusses an abusive step-father, was virtually ignored in favor of hyping up his role in ‘Stomp The Yard’. Today there seems to be a fixation on taking the singer down like Michael Jackson who was donned ‘Wacko-Jacko’ after his bouts with the court on ‘child molestation charges’ and has since had a difficult time keeping his ‘King of Pop’ status (Jackson will always be iconic though).​

In similar cases, which automatically cause you to think of R. Kelly and Michael Jackson, the backlash was hard to call. For R. Kelly, the charges and coverage surrounding them nearly worked in his favor in terms of record sales and charting singles. In fact some may say R. Kelly was at his peak during the several year legal battle which ended in July of 2008. For Brown, his case is up in the air. It is however, the court of public opinion, that has already weighed in with some counting the singer out and others waiting on the actual charges, investigation and whatever comes next.​

Catching up with the life of Riley

When Bobby Brown yelled, "Yo, Teddy, kick it like this," in 1988's "My Prerogative," he was giving a shout out to Teddy Riley, the musician/producer who perfected the style for which Brown became known, New Jack Swing. Riley was integral to that track, as well as dozens of others that brought a still-imitated funky swagger to the pop charts, including Keith Sweat's "I Want Her," Johnny Kemp's "Just Got Paid," and one of Michael Jackson's best, "In the Closet. :D

G.I. Joe Characters Like A Michael Jackson Evolutionary Map

cobrajackson.jpg

We've already pointed out a chilling similarity between Michael Jackson and Watchmen's Rorschach. But upon browsing the packaging for a set of G.I. Joe movie tie-in action figures, we were instantly struck by how much of its cast echo the singer's wildly morphing looks throughout the years. And why shouldn't they, really, as Jackson's Neverland Ranch played host to some of the most legendary all-boy G.I. Joe paintball survival weekends on Santa Barbara Police Department record.​

Today in Michael Jackson History

1997 - Michael Jackson performed at a tribute to Elizabeth Taylor at her AIDS benefit in Los Angeles, CA. ABC-TV aired the event as "Happy Birthday, Elizabeth" on February 27, 1997.​

2005 - Michael Jackson was released from Marian Medical Center after a brief hospitalization for flu-like symptoms. Jackson had been admitted the previous day.​

Michael Jackson Quote

Hold my hand, feel the touch of your body cling to mine

You and me, makin' love, all the way through another night

I remember, you and I, walking through the park at night Kiss and touch, nothing much, let it blow just touch and go

Love me more, never leave, me alone by house of love

People talk, people say what we have is just a game Ooooohhhh

I'll never let you go, Come here girl

Just got to make sweet love 'til the break of dawn​

276974%7EMichael-Jackson-Posters.jpg

3.gif

Video of the day

Is it Scary :wub:​

Members Birthdays

Darvon1982 (27) His confessions (24) Mjkop4ever (20) melissa123 (18)

:cheers:​

happy-birthday-with-flowers.gif

n529556743_1921453_9138.jpg

gallery_373.gif

that maloneym guy is a closet fan, who'd love to be in mj's position. what a jerk he is. i know if i look in his closet, he'll have mj memorabilia in it.

Thank you so much for the news, and all the effort you put into it mjsexbomb.

I notice that the new date for Thriller Live closing is Sept 27th, our wedding anniversary and my hubby has suggested we spend the weekend in London and go to the show....awww he is a darling suggesting we spend our anniversary listening to the music of 'my other man', ha!!

I, like everyone else at this juncture, do not really know what actually happened in the Chris Brown episode, so I will not judge, but it is so sad how people are so quick to think the worst before the incident has even been investigated fully and charges made. Todays society builds people up into idols but will just as easily, at the snap of a finger, shoot that same person down. We can all understand this, as MJ fans, and off course we all knew Michael was innocent. I, obviously, cannot condone violence in any format, but surely he is innocent until proved guilty like every other citizen.

Why are they evan bringing Michael into the whole Chris Brown thing anyway? It has nothing to do with Michael

More pictures of things being sold at the auction:

http://bbcicecream.com/blog/2009/02/16/the-king-of-pop-auction/

michael-jacksons-auction-002.jpg

Spandex Glove with Orange Swarovski Crystals, estimate $1000 to $1500

michael-jacksons-auction-003.jpg

Rhinestone socks from the 1981 Triumph Tour, estimate $600 to $800

michael-jacksons-auction-004.jpg

Royal Cape(Faux Ermine Fur), estimate $300 to $500

michael-jacksons-auction-006.jpg

Another picture of the Moonwalker head.

michael-jacksons-auction-007.jpg

Electric Cart featuring M.J. as Peter Pan, estimate $4000 to $6000

michael-jacksons-auction-008.jpg

Hood

michael-jacksons-auction-009.jpg

Painting on Canvas of Iconic Figures wearing the trademark M.J. sunglasses and glove, estimate $1000 to $2000

michael-jacksons-auction-012.jpg

Johnny Depp’s props worn in Edward Scissorhands, estimate $4000 to $6000

michael-jacksons-auction-014.jpg

Sega Flight Simulator, estimate $4000 t0 $6000

michael-jacksons-auction-015.jpg

Napolean crossing the Alps statue, estimate $300 to $500

michael-jacksons-auction-018.jpg

Gold Metal Crown Brooch, estimate $80 to $120

michael-jacksons-auction-019.jpg

Moonwalker Costume Jewelry, estimate $1000 to $1500

michael-jacksons-auction-021.jpg

Fire engine tea kettel, estimate $100 to $200

michael-jacksons-auction-023.jpg

Victory Tour jacket, estimate $2000 to $4000

michael-jacksons-auction-024.jpg

Snow White and the Seven Dwarves display, estimate $1000 t0 $1500

michael-jacksons-auction-028.jpg

Interior of the Rolls Royce Limo

woooooooooow look at the pix for the auction!!
amazing I wish MJ wouldn;t seel them!

thanx for the news and today's Quote!

Thanks for posting:) I love the picture with Einstein and the others with glasses and gloves on LOL
Damn, I would SO buy the Moonwalker robot head

WOW that's one nice car!!

Does MJ get the money this brings in??

I want the moonwalker head!!!
I cant belive that is being sold...danggg:wild:

Thanks for posting:) I love the picture with Einstein and the others with glasses and gloves on LOL
Damn, I would SO buy the Moonwalker robot head

oh i love that pic too. :wild:

wow, they are so beautiful.I wish i could buy at leat one of them.

Thanks for posting the news and photoes.

The moonwalker head bust is awesome,$2,000 - $3,000 is a great price!!
To own a piece of merchandise like that is priceless

Why would he wanna sell all this nice stuff??

He wants to sell all these stuff because probably he doesn't want to have a relation with things that remind him of Neverland and his past. He clearly wants to move on to something new and I would do exactly the same. He has been hurt a lot...

Why would he wanna sell all this nice stuff
cause most of it is junk? lol whats he gonna do with it. pay for a storage garage and just put it in there to gather dust? it would be a waste of money. hes not at the ranch anymore so wheres he gonna put the stuff. and u can bet he didnt even kow about half the stuff he had. hes got so much. its not like hes selling everything, if he wants to keep things then they wont be on sale

Back