Merged:Will anyone travel from Australia?!

I am Australian and...

• Total voters

choccyclaire

Proud Member
While browsing all the boards I've suddenly noticed so many Australian fans lurking! Just interested to know which of you will take a huge leap and actually travel all that way to see Michael live at the o2?

Last edited:
Re: Will anyone travel from Australia?!

I am stressed out right now...I already booked return flights to the UK for August for an other matter...
if there are no shows in August I have to fly in July tooo.......financial crisis...

Calling All Australian Fans

Are any fans from Australia going to the O2 concerts? Maybe we can all travel together?

Re: Calling All Australian Fans

i live in SA and i really want to go if this is the last time Michael will perform , i cant miss out.

If we can leave from Sydney and split airfares, accommodation etc. I will come!

i might consider it actually..I'd be travelling from Brisbane..but might be willing to meet up with others from Sydney and travel from there...

how much do you think it would cost all up? Airfares, accomodation ect...

Its ether Qantas or British Airways for airfares we might get a discount for a large amount of people. It will most likely be same price for hotel etc. but we will have to find out if there will be a large group discount for concert tickets.

Guys I dont wanna sound pessimistic but do your really really think that after 12years and doing "final' 10shows he will go on a full blown World Tour....I doubt he would come to OZ for a show...I think we better start organising to go to London...

-----
I wanna go
If I get the concert ticket for a date I have in mind (end of July) I will have 2 options
a, beg the airlines I am currently booked with for 1st week of August to change my dates
b, buy a one way ticket - I will use up my exisiting return one on the way back....

check webjet and flightcentre there are return flights for 2K ....IT IS EXPENSIVE...but again if you get 900AUD off from Rudd next month put it aside for a plane ticket....

Accommodation is not that bad....heaps of cheap hotels and hostels in London.. think about Travelodge, or EtAP heaps..or airport hotels...

Public transport is excellent and affordable....foood is cheap! London is actually cheaper for a tourist than Sydney...

the flight is the rip off...the rest is smooth sailing

Accommodation is not that bad....heaps of cheap hotels and hostels in London.. think about Travelodge, or EtAP heaps..or airport hotels...

Public transport is excellent and affordable....foood is cheap! London is actually cheaper for a tourist than Sydney...

the flight is the rip off...the rest is smooth sailing

Your right vargak..it is mostly the cost of the flight that puts me off..at least most other fans are closer to Europe so the flight are much cheaper...plus the Australian dollar isn't worth much against the British pound...maybe if I had been given a bit more noticed I could have saved for this...

But even if I did have the money, I don't think I would be able to get the time off work...

I really hope he does do an Australian tour...but if he dosen't I'd be slightly disapointed but it wont be the end of the world

Guys seriously...there is 900 bucks coming on your way from Kev! That is a bonus...he wants us to spend it...
that is half of your return ticket....so if you are eligable for the cash bonus now you at least know where to put it to..

Guys seriously...there is 900 bucks coming on your way from Kev! That is a bonus...he wants us to spend it...
that is half of your return ticket....so if you are eligable for the cash bonus now you at least know where to put it to..

yeh if they would have announced the tour sooner my $900 would definatley be going towards a london trip...unfortunatley I already planned a trip to Thailand mid April so my money is going towards that..

Kev worded his $900 nicely not everyone earning under 100,000 wil get it.

Last edited:
Kev worded his $900 nicely not everyone earning under 100,000 wil get it.

no harsh feelings here, but the wording is pretty clear :agree:

"You are eligible to receive the payment if:

• your 2007-08 taxable income does not exceed $100,000
  • your adjusted tax liability for 2007-08 is greater than zero (that is, you paid tax)
  • you lodge your 2007-08 tax return by 30 June 2009 or by the deferred date granted to you by the Tax Office, and
  • you were an Australian resident for tax purposes during the 2007-08 financial year."
http://www.ato.gov.au/corporate/content.asp?doc=/content/00178930.htm&page=2&H2

so if you meet those 4 criteria you get the bonus...which u are advised to spend...
I will spend mine on the flight to London.. :agree:

• your adjusted tax liability for 2007-08 is greater than zero (that is, you paid tax)
  • you lodge your 2007-08 tax return by 30 June 2009 or by the deferred date granted to you by the Tax Office, and
  • you were an Australian resident for tax purposes during the 2007-08 financial year."

so if you meet those 4 criteria you get the bonus...which u are advised to spend...

nah no worries :)

i was studying last year but not this year and earning less than 11,000... that's why i'm annoyed, i don't get it.

Guys, I dont want to turn this topic into a Finance one ..but if you got payment from Centrelink (eg u were a student) you might still be eligible for some money off Rudd this March-April.
Drop me a PM and I try to help but the best advice is read these 2

http://www.centrelink.gov.au/internet/internet.nsf/individuals/bonus_payments_feb2009.htm?

http://www.ato.gov.au/corporate/content.asp?doc=/content/00178930.htm&page=1&H1
these 2 pages will clearly tell you who is eligible and who is not...
do read it you might be but you might not know...this is your money, check if you are eligible....

I am completely ineligible. Utter poo.

Anyways, I won't be going unless there's some miracle. Flights are still $3000 and there's barely anything flying in early July.

Good luck to those who can go :flowers:

I am completely ineligible. Utter poo.

Anyways, I won't be going unless there's some miracle. Flights are still $3000 and there's barely anything flying in early July.

Good luck to those who can go :flowers:

im seeing about 2,500 on webjet but if i choose to change the date to say.. mid-may it's about 2,000.

so they might decrease as it gets closer.

Yeah it depends on where you want to go from and how much the taxes are. :yes:

try flightcentre.......they are really good guys...
I have already booked flights for August (private matter) and they really went great lenghts to find a good deal...."Good" like 2.5K for a return....

so you can imagine how desperate I am now to get an August date......I might not be able to go at all if there are only July dates...

i say we a few of us hire a boat and paddle our way there.

have to start tomorrow though and supplies might be tough, but we will get there, hahahaha.

If I can get a ticket, I will be coming back to London to see Michael perform. It's over two years now since I left and I had planned to come back for a visit in August anyway, so if I have to move dates I will. Im gonna be trying for VIP tickets if they have any - so roll on presale pin code!!!!

Back