This is IT!!!!

MrLeatherJacket

Proud Member
A few minutes ago, michael just made the announcement! Its official. LONDON SHOW IN JULY. This will be his last performance EVER in London.

Im the 1st to say this.

EVERYTHING IS OFFICIAL AS IT CAME FROM MJ's MOUTH.

This is it.

Thank you Michael for all the wonderfull music you have been giving me!

:(

This is it!

Errm, I had a totally different idea when I saw that text appear everywhere. Final curtain call? Does this mean that MJ is going to stop? Or that he will have a change in carreer - say more into movie making? I don't know, I guess we will have to wait.

Not a lot of info. How many dates? No new album????? What were all the talks of producers and such about saying they were working with MJ?

I understand him wanting to quit from the touring and concerts due to the strain on his body and wanting to live his life with his kids, but to hold a huge press conference for such a short 2 minute announcement was pretty stupid.

I was expecting to at least hear about a new album, new single, or something. I just hope the concerts are amazing because if he doesn't dazzle then his final shows will for nothing. Whatever happened to the "second half of his career will be better than the first…"

I got the impresion looking and hearing MJs voice and body language that this is it as in everything music

Re: This is it!

Yeah i guess he does not have the same passion for it anymore

Re: This was it.

Can't believe it either. What about the new album? The songs the fans want to hear doesn't sound like a new album coming out.

I got the impression that they will be the last shows ever too... I understand that it's hard for him but it still makes me sad... He didn't say that he won't ever put out albums though, just that he won't do concerts...

We probably have to forget about anything new from him.

It was sad to start the announcement with This is it, took a bit of the excitement away, and I thought we might have heard about the album, but considering we havn't heard from him in so long, we should be glad he is doing it at all, and who knows, he may just get a taste for performing again.

Who can blame him for wanting to retire and do other things, he's been working for over 40 years. I will definately go if I can get tickets, I wouldn't miss it for anything.

I was not expecting this... :( I'm pretty sad,because I will never get to see him live.I can not afford coming to London in July...

The only comfort I have is that he paused when he said it would be his last show, then stated "IN LONDON." Hopefully these are successful and he finishes with a string of shows in Las Vegas…

He hasn't performed more than a few times since 01' and now everyone thinks he's slowing down?? Ofcourse he's slowed down, unfortunately.

I was excited when he came out, suprised by how deep his voice was, surprised he didn't have much to say at all, and dissapointed not a thing was said about new music......I won't be able to go to these concerts anyways seeing that I live in NY, but I feel like they'll be on DVD someday or televised. If you ask me it's very odd to hear MJ himself talk about anything of his being "final," or the "last of." Excited, confused, happy, sad, left hanging, I have alot of mixed feelings about the whole thing that's gone down in the past few days anyways....

This was a very sad conference. The finality of it all is truly sad.

I've said this before and I'll say it again: You can tell that something's not right.

Mike's heart is elsewhere.

The announcement of "this is it" was like Mike saying: Going once, going twice, I'll see you when I see you

I don't know how to say "goodbye" to the GREATEST entertainer that ever lived.

And then again... I mean Mike is 50... we're only kidding ourselves if we think Mike will be touring when he's 60 or 70. or 80...ha.

What did he say about the Bad Tour again??? ;)

Besides he may have just meant his last shows in London :\

He has to retire from live performing someday guys. If he was just a singer he could go on till he is 70!

But people expect to see dancing and moonwalking right across the stage, as well as dancing and he cant do that forever :\

This was a very sad conference. The finality of it all is truly sad.

I've said this before and I'll say it again: You can tell that something's not right.

Mike's heart is elsewhere.

The announcement of "this is it" was like Mike saying: Going once, going twice, I'll see you when I see you

I don't know how to say "goodbye" to the GREATEST entertainer that ever lived.

And then again... I mean Mike is 50... we're only kidding ourselves if we think Mike will be touring when he's 60 or 70. or 80...ha.

I feel you too. I think that he's got other things on his mind right now.

.......... .......... see you in july................ ..........

This was MJ's first big thing in terms of something new in years! He is human so it is possbile he was nervous.

He only said these would be his last shows in London.

I also get the strange feeling that this was not Mike's plan (to be performing again at 50). It almost felt like there's an invisible hand forcing him to do this in a way.

You know? It's not like he was dying to show off his new album or new moves or anything. I mean, I know he's going to do an incredible job, but there was definitely an undercurrent in his speech.

Sure beats the hell outta "You ain't seen nothin' yet". Maybe he shoulda just let us believe in the fantasy (by ending it with "you ain't seen nothin' yet").

This is really sad. I thought this would be a new begining, but it looks like the begining of the end.

Of course he has other things on his mind. The greatest entertainer of all time is bowing out of the spotlight. It must be difficult to face your fans and announce that you are retiring from what you have loved doing for your entire life.

I just pray that the music doesn't stop. He doesn't have to wow me anymore with the glitz and the glamour. I just want to hear him sing. I hope he keeps dazzling with his voice or continues to contribute to the industry in some form…

new fans won't get it, but those of us who've been around for the ages know this is a really sad day. This is truly the beginning of the end of an ERA...of a MONUMENT ...of HISTORY...of a legacy...of a GIANT

Of course he has other things on his mind. The greatest entertainer of all time is bowing out of the spotlight. It must be difficult to face your fans and announce that you are retiring from what you have loved doing for your entire life.

I just pray that the music doesn't stop. He doesn't have to wow me anymore with the glitz and the glamour. I just want to hear him sing. I hope he keeps dazzling with his voice or continues to contribute to the industry in some form…

Totaly agree!...I dont have to see him moonwalking. I want to hear him sing!

I agree!
He sets his family life,higher then anything.
Michael has said in the past,he wanted to show his children.
Himself as artist and holding concerts,maybe and belive his words.
THIS IS IT, he wants do these for himself,his CHildren and fans.

His fathe and fatherhood, can change allot about yourself!
You have something dear, a part/parts of you that need you!
We understand these, right? YEAh ;D
So,its a different situation as it was when he said before in the BAD AREA!

He was younger and NOT a father.
MJ is now and maybe time,he who loves children so much.
He wants for himself and as father, to be there and not on stage.

Michael is a family man! BTW,he never said! HE wouldn`t realish a album/albums anymore!

JUst not perform again!

oki?

Back