you think one of the shows will be shown on HBO/TV? (merged)

Eric

Proud Member
You think one of the concert performances will be shown on TV?

Re: you think one of the shows will be shown on HBO/TV?

nope not @ all

Maybe the last one.. but not if he tours Paris and New York after.. I think

This will only happen until the concerts are completed.

nope not @ all

Unfortunately that is very possible. Royal Concert was professionally filmed but only now did we get it. We don't have Live at Apollo in full either, and no concert from London has EVER been fully released. :(

I believe it will be shown as a combined part from all shows, but it will look rather sloppy since each show differs. Look at MSG 2001... :(

I hope people will take camcorders in to film each and every day.

i hope it does show on HBO. i live in the US, so i can easily order that channel .

I am hoping it is broadcast on TV or release on DVD. Michael would earn loaaaaaaaaads!!! I don't think Prince or Led Zepplin released a DVD from their O2 residency. If they did I'm sure they would have deep pockets too.

I think there is a good chance there will be a DVD at some point and the fact Dr Tohme said that MJ was negotiating 'tv specials' leads me to believe that they might be aired on tv at some point.

I think there is a good chance there will be a DVD at some point and the fact Dr Tohme said that MJ was negotiating 'tv specials' leads me to believe that they might be aired on tv at some point.

It would be great if there was an official DVD released from the tour. :yes:

Will the concerts be showen on tv?

live or before? what do you think? because its not fair for the rest of the others fans who did not get to buy tickets or cant go? I hope these concerts like MSG what do you think?

Re: Will the concerts be showen on tv?

I hope these concerts like MSG what do you think?
No no no...

MSG TV version is really bad. It's so sloppily edited, especially at the end of Billie Jean. I hope they stick to one good concert instead of putting different concerts together.

I think they will edit it. If they release a DVD it will have all the songs from a selection of the dates (i.e Billie Jean from the best Billie Jean performance) but on T.V they won't bother wasting 20+ shows of the same thing.

I heard they're talking to HBO to cover the concert dvd. That'd be cool if that's true. They do really good HD concerts. An example is Justin Timberlake's last concert dvd. I think it'll be on tv, his shows always end up on tv at some point.

True.
I think it will come out only if MJ likes it

I heard they're talking to HBO to cover the concert dvd. That'd be cool if that's true. They do really good HD concerts. An example is Justin Timberlake's last concert dvd. I think it'll be on tv, his shows always end up on tv at some point.
I don't know about that. The HIStory tour was never shown on TV in the USA.

Only if Michael wants it to. Or he will choose the best concert. Or they will edit the best parts from every concert together :)

yes, he needs to get it shown on tv if he can, i think a lot of people would watch it, and its amazing promotion opportunity for the new album, realistically i think a dvd would be more than fine though!

Every single television company on the air would kill to get one of these concerts on the air. Considering the potential money involved, I have a hard time believing that it won't happen.

Remember the ratings for the last one? They were off the chart.

belive me, I WILL BE SHOWN ON TV! ! ! other would be stupid, what about those who dosent get a ticket?!? then they wont be able to watch it at all!

I don't know about that. The HIStory tour was never shown on TV in the USA.

Maybe not in the USA, but it's been shown on TV. HBO is a tv station, if they are covering the show, they will firstly release a DVD and later have a version for tv, most likely. This event is way bigger than his other tours, just because of the fact that it's his last. I'd be very surprised if they didn't go all out with this.

Yea I remember Dr. Tohme mentioning "TV specials". If I can choose only 1 thing, I'd choose a DVD. More fans get to buy and watch it and it's more lucrative in the long term, I think.

Yea I remember Dr. Tohme mentioning "TV specials". If I can choose only 1 thing, I'd choose a DVD. More fans get to buy and watch it and it's more lucrative in the long term, I think.

i agree 100percent

Actually, for MJ, a TV deal with a later release on DVD would be the best situation. If a network got the rights to the show, it would do MASSIVE ratings, guaranteed, then the show could be released on DVD with special features or in a deluxe packaging of a CD. Imagine how many of us would kill to have the 30th Anniversary in an official DVD package. Same situation here.

It would be fantastic if he did, we'll see. If this is truly his last tour ever, which it sounds like it is, I reckon there will be a dvd. I mean, it would make him more money and the whole tour is about showing his kids what he does, pleasing us (for 'the last time'), and making money. It would be a good move for Mike if one of the shows was released on DVD!

think about past.

every single one of michaels tours or concerts has been televised.

if this isnt, it would be a first.

as for a dvd, i friggen hope so!!! you would imagine so... "Michael Jackson: Live At The O2" ... sounds cool!

Back