What do YOU expect from the shows?

bjoernclausen

Proud Member
We all have wishes for how the shows should be in our minds. But what do you EXPECT from the shows? How will the shows actually be, do you think?

In my mind, I think it'll be HIStory part 2 - sadly. Too much miming, almost no live songs. I am afraid Michael will keep to the safe side on this one. Also in the tracklisting choices, I don't see him choosing songs he hasn't performed before - even though we'd all love some more songs from Invincible.

But still somewhere in my mind, I come to think of Michael being such a perfectionist, so I can't help thinking that he might have some surprises up his sleeve...

What are your definite expectations from the shows? :dancin:

I expect Michael to sing live, I hope he doesn't lip sync as that is my only worry as I'm sure Michael can still dance at a very high standard.

I would also like Michael to change his set list around, and not play the exact same songs on every performance.

I expect the set list to be almost exactly the same as HIStory, judging from his statement that he is singing the songs his fans want to hear. I hope that even if this is the case, they put some proper work into updating the choreography somewhat and also update the stage effects and decoration. Times have moved on since HIStory and what he was doing then already looked dated compared to what other acts were doing. U2s Popmart tour for example had an immense stage setup and put HIStory into the shade. Let's hope he has been watching people concerts (or atleast the DVDs) to see what the competition is like.

I half expect him to mime almost everything, which will be a bitter disappointment for me. He will not earn any respect for doing that and will only gain bad reviews from the press because of it. Britney's just started her tour and the reviewers all comment on that element. It just isn't really acceptable today.

Also, my wife is coming with me and she's not a fan of MJ particularly (though she does seem to be getting a bit caught up by the buzz and hype that has been in the UK the last couple of days). She is going to see Take That at Wembley at the beginning of July and I don't think they mime. Also, their show will be impressive, no question. I just hope that Mike's can match it in every way,otherwise she will leave the show without being impressed. I want her to be impressed more than anything because she has never understood my admiration for Mike. After all, there hasn't been much to cause admiration since I met her in 2001.

i believe that whatever michael has install for us,will be nothing more than spectacular,i personally don,t care if he is lip-syncing to some of the song,just the sheer experience of seeing him up on stage again is all that i need,

Hope he's still working with Simon Cowell. He can give him some good advice maybe. But, in case a DVD is recorded, he should at least sing that show live. I do not worry about the dancing part. Only seeing him on stage doing his thing makes it spectacular after all. He must already have thought out a wonderful opening act!

I'd like to hear him challenge his voice. I'd love to hear 'Childhood' and 'She's Out Of My Life', you know, songs that must be done live and ones he cant hide behind the band with.

I do not think he'll mime all the gigs, maybe a couple of tracks, which is understandable. Plus, I dont think they are allowed to charge over £50 for a concert if the artist doesn't perform live.

I would really like to see him sing live!
More than anything else...

yeah I'd like dancing but I'd prefer to hear him sing his heart out :D

Also, not so many costume changes, guest appearences and maybe just a 5 minute segment of just dancing... a bit like Shake Your Body on the Bad tour :D

Anywhosies :D

The AEG guy said it will be 2 hours of none stop dancing and singing.

I cant picture a 50 year old man doing that but perhaps he will shock me!

i hope to hear him sing live, hit high notes at times and try to change some parts of the songs (i mean to not sing it the same like in his records)... and show the youngsters that he can still move like his not 50 y.o at all!!!!:punk::punk:

Actually, I think I would settle with him recording new/altered vocals to some of his songs - like he did with TWYMMF at MSG2001. I think he changed the pitch. I mean, he can mime. But don't make it obvious. That's what Madonna does some times. She records new vocals, so it won't be obvious, that she some times mime!

i want, you are not alone and then with me on the stage, hahahahahaha......

will look a little bit weird because i,m 6.7 (1,86) tall, hahahahahaha.
I can take him under my arm and walk away, hahahahaha

All I ask for is a LIVE show, so live singing and a live kick ass band.

I believe the balance between music and show was perfect during the Dangerous Tour. During the HIStory tour the show was put first and the music therefore was lost. That is not what Mike is about.

If he does lipsync, he must be ready to be bashed by the press and I can´t blame them.

What I expect... I can´t help being affraid for dissapointment, although I wish I was not. I really do hope he surprizes me!

I don't know what to expect.

hopefully he does a a setlist like dangerous tour with some Live signing and some with a lot of dancing. just making it balanced. i don't think he can do it all at the same time. and hopefully its a long show. atleast 90 minutes

I think in todays era, he should work the dancing around the singing and not the other way round. Im sure he knows this.

He should only really lip sync to Dangerous or Smooth Criminal. I think he could even pass Dangerous of as just dancing. He wont even have to mime. Pass it of as just a dance!

I expect more methodical dance moves, more robot and popping stuff. Also if they are smart they will follow up a faster song with a slow song.

Say doing Unbreakable followed by You Are Not Alone. I feel the problem with Human Nature on The Dangerous Tour is that he started the show with Jam and Wanna Be Startin Somethin and was already knackered by the time he did Human Nature. I understand why because you dont want the show to start out with a bang (literally) and then suddenyl stop and slow down, you have keep the momentum going a bit.

So I think he will start out with a song like Unbreakable which will flow into something like they did with TDCAU and In The Closet on the HIStory tour, but with different songs.

Then follow them up with Stranger in Moscow. Then burst out with Wanna Be Startin Somethin.
Then give us a bit of a duet with Jermaine for Ill Be There!

Then suddenly come out with Thriller, the fans would go mad.

Come out with a few new songs!

Then this is the bit I like, have a bit of a play on what he said on Motown 25. I've got a lot of new stuff prepared for the future with an album coming out sometime early next year, and I love all this new stuff ive been doing and working with a lot of the todays artists, but especially I like......the old songs!

Enter Billie Jean!

Merge Dangerous and Smooth Criminal into one. Im sure they could do something cool with the two of them together, it would be awesome.

You Are Not Alone

New faster song which merges into Beat It (like Dangerous tour, the crane ;)

We've Had Enough

Black Or White ( Could he get Slash to join him?)

Man In The Mirror

Since that these are gonna be his last shows in London the least he can do is try to atleast sing a few songs live. He should only lip sync the songs he really has to like Smooth Criminal and Dangerous

He should make it like the Dangerous tour where it's pretty much 70% live and 30% lip synched

I think Michael will definitely be singing a lot of songs live but not all of them, I mean you can't expect him to perform a song like Smooth Criminal and Dangerous with the hardcore routines that they have and sing his ass off at the same time. I do think MJ will perform some new songs and I think he will perform some of his songs differently this time with a twist. O2 have made it clear that there will be a live band which is fantastic. I have a feeling that Michael will return to the BAD style tour performances in the sense that instead of having a lot of routine dances like the Dangerous tour he will make the dancing aspect more spontaneous allowing him flexibility in performing the songs.

new coreographies and new costumes! then, i hope he's not going to lipsynch the whole show!

live, or miming, I dont care. :p

Im there for the experience of just seeing him which is worth the ticket of admission anyways, to see the King of Pop for possibly the final time I will ever see him will be a great night, no matter what he sings, no matter how he dances, or whether he sings some songs and mimes others, I didnt care before and it doesnt matter now.

I just expect a great show, and I know he will deliver, even on his worst day he hasnt let down the fans when it comes to a show. :)

live, or miming, I dont care. :p

Im there for the experience of just seeing him which is worth the ticket of admission anyways, to see the King of Pop for possibly the final time I will ever see him will be a great night, no matter what he sings, no matter how he dances, or whether he sings some songs and mimes others, I didnt care before and it doesnt matter now.

I just expect a great show, and I know he will deliver, even on his worst day he hasnt let down the fans when it comes to a show. :)

I agree with you. It's going to be amazing whatever he does and if the President of AEG Live is to be believed then its going to be something pretty damn special.

The AEG guy said it will be 2 hours of none stop dancing and singing.

I cant picture a 50 year old man doing that but perhaps he will shock me!

Well, mind you, Jackie Chan who is 50 still does AMAZINGLY DANGEROUS stunts and he's fast as always, so.... I think Mike too can pull his stuff off;)

My guess is he's gonna go with spectacle. Incredible effects, sets, etc. I don't expect the dancing to be as intense, he'll probably use backup dancers for a lot of it. Singing wise, he'll probably do the same as his other tours. Most of it will be mimed, perhaps with re-done vocals, and a little will be live, of course ad-libs will be live. As I understand it there will be guest performers as well, so I'm not quite sure how that's gonna work out.

Seeing that it will be enormously scrutinized and focused upon, not to mention documented for a dvd, I bet he'll play for safe and not leave anything up to chance. If there's a dvd, it'll contain probably a compilation of the best performance gathered from all 10 shows, unless he'll go for other cities too, in which case the dvd will come later.

If he IS planning in all out extravaganza with him singing and dancingn to the fullest extent, he better be rehearsing right now, otherwise he's playing it very close. Same goes for production and band stuff. I'm really hoping that they've been working on this for a while.

As long as there is no miming I'm happy. Good classic songs, a few new ones that haven't been performed and some great dance moves.

I will love anything he does. I just hope that I'll have no problems seeing it. I know there won't be a problem hearing it. I know the older songs will be performed but I will love hearing new ones as well for sure.

more than likeyl it wud be like the dangerous tour in the sense of mixing live and miming

I just want Michael on stage doing what he does best....

He has been performing since he was 5 years old and he knows how to entertain a crowd! He still got the moves! Those slight moves he did at the end of the press conference proved he very well can. I just hope that he is confident and knows he can actually do a good show if he wants to!

Dont yall worry Mike KNOWS how to do it! He has blown us away before and will do it again.

Ok, this might be interpreting things waaaay to mutch but; he said "the songs his fans wants to hear".
He knows his fans wants to hear new music, right? Soooooo..........?:cheeky:

Well what i'm expecting and what i'd actually like to see are two different things as far as i'm concerned. I'm expecting him to mime most of the time, sing the same old songs as always and do the same type of dance moves. I HOPE i'm wrong though.

I would love it if he'd sing live (at least for most of the show), sang some new songs or songs he's never performed before. I would just like him to change things up a bit. Maybe he can try to re-arrange some of his songs. Anything to just mix it up a bit and stray away from doing the usual. I just want to be suprised and I want him to prove myself and his detractors wrong when it comes to lip synching and all that. Above all, I just really hope he puts on an incredible show.

Back