Jackson will watch the musical Oliver! tonight.

Ohood

Proud Member
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/article5854735.ece

Michael Jackson declared his return to the world stage with a typically eccentric performance as he announced a series of ten shows at the O2 Arena in East London that could net him £50 million.

Seven thousand fans were kept waiting for 90 minutes before Jackson appeared for a brief statement that consisted mainly of him repeating the phrase “this is it” and punching the air.

The first of his concerts, which AEG Live, the promoter, promised would be two-hour “all-singing and all-dancing spectaculars”, will be held on July 8, with tickets on sale for between £50 and £75. Jackson, who last went on tour 12 years ago, will not perform elsewhere this year. He said that the concerts would be his last in London.
Amid concern about the singer’s mental and physical state, his backers were bullish about his prospects. Jackson last performed live in November 2006 at the World Music Awards at Earls Court. He was scheduled to sing We Are the World but left the stage after just a few lines.

Randy Phillips, president and chief executive of AEG Live, toldThe Times that the ten London concerts would mark the first step of a three-year tour and the release of a new album. He said: “Surviving the press conference was the first step. We’ve a three-year plan for Michael Jackson and if it all goes well we will gross $400 million (£280 million) in total.”

He confirmed that the singer could earn “probably something pretty close to” £50 million for the London shows. Future tours are likely to involve trips to New York, Paris and Mumbai.

Jackson appeared after a four-minute video of his greatest performances was broadcast to the crowd. The video will also take over an entire advertising break on Sunday night, during the ITV show Dancing on Ice.

He told the crowd: “This is it. I will be performing the songs that my fans want to hear. This is the final curtain call. I love you so much.”

Having fought numerous court battles, the most recent against a sheikh who claimed to be owed nearly £5 million, Jackson needs the money that the performances will bring. Asked how many tickets needed to be sold at the 20,000-seater arena for the tour to be profitable, Mr Phillips replied: “We pretty much need to sell it out every night.” Last night the ticket website was receiving 16,000 hits per minute. Jackson will remain in London this week and will watch the musical Oliver! tonight.

That's pretty cool. I wanna see Oliver! so bad!

Someone I went to dance school with is in Oliver! at the mo! haha. Lucky things.

please.... update this thread if there are any new pics, or news about his arrival to the show.

Ahh I feel like I'm missing out! lol I hope Michael is enjoying the show. Apparently security are being quite rough? :eek:

Here's Michael being mobbed at the theatre:-
001.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg

004.jpg

005.jpg

Source:http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...ael-Jackson-mobbed-takes-children-Oliver.html

and MJJPictures.com

Last edited:
From RobertUk of mjj2005:
I just want to make you guys aware of this. Following on from the "mayhem" post earlier.

It seriously was mayhem, and that's no joke. The surge into the lobby resulted in a young kid in tears after a sign landed on him (knocked over by the press according to the people there). Michael was pushed in the side which nearly had him over but he was caught by a fan.

Fans completely forced their way through the doors at the theatre and made a complete mess of everything. I shall leave the special few nameless as it's not my place, but you should be ashamed that put Michael and his kids in that situation, ONCE AGAIN.
I should also add as i've just remembered. Some chinese/asian woman jumped on Paris. Which didn't go down well.

WOW that SUIT is the FREAKIN' BUSINESS.

WORK IT MIKE!

now as for that not so good news. Yall don't make michael wish he didn't come to london. Why does stuff like this happen in the uk the most (no offense but offense).

Poor kids! :( I know he's a legend but come one people... he's still human and so are his kids! Give them some space!

these people who bring mj and co in this position should be ashamed!
Shame on them!

wel...i,m "scared" wha hapens in july. beacause the hectic and hysteria in londen is always worse then somewhere else..... why?
Can anyone tell me why in england it always is worse?

Baby is look FOINE! scrumpa-dump-dump-shiss! As for that first pic. Look at all those ppl. that's scary looking. Michael is this skinny slender figure sounded by ALL those ppl grabbing at him.

these people who bring mj and co in this position should be ashamed!
Shame on them!

wel...i,m "scared" wha hapens in july. beacause the hectic and hysteria in londen is always worse then somewhere else..... why?
Can anyone tell me why in england it always is worse?
girlie this is bout the 3rd or 4th time something like this has happen. they done knocked him over, rammed his head in the wall, jumped on the kids, now this mess. Calm the FREAK DOWN!:bugeyed

girlie this is bout the 3rd or 4th time something like this has happen. they done knocked him over, rammed his head in the wall, jumped on the kids, now this mess. Calm the FREAK DOWN!:bugeyed

uhm. is this ment for me?
Cause i judge the way people are falling over him and his kids.
so i don,t know how to place your reaction on me..
explain.... ( i,m dutch, so my enlisch isn,t that good, oke?)

Damn those idiots who do things like that. They should be ashamed to call themselves fans.

I really don't know how Michael manages to look so cool and gracious when people are trying to grab him and also his children. It looked really scary and those people should be ashamed of themselves.....he is a real live person not an object. It does make you realize that maybe Michael has had enough of all this and so this is gonna be his final 'curtain call'. I really hope not, that when he says London he does just mean London. We shall have wait and see, but it makes you wonder.
I love his outfit, he is looking so good as always.

uhm. is this ment for me?
Cause i judge the way people are falling over him and his kids.
so i don,t know how to place your reaction on me..
explain.... ( i,m dutch, so my enlisch isn,t that good, oke?)
no no sweetie. I'm agreeing with you. I was also telling you the different times they did something like.

in london they keep doing this to michael and his kids.
they knocked him over once
someone jumped on paris (just now)
they rammed his head again the wall at the wmas
and they knocked him over too looks like (just now)

What a bunch of morons (excuse the language).

This is exactly why i dont attend such things, fans freak out and put people in danger :doh:

I would like to pray that it doesnt happen again, somehow i feel it is useless to pray, there will always be idiots.

Last edited:
No wonder its his final curtain call ....

. cant people just please give the man , and his children respect .
they are not toys , nor pretty dolls ~they are PEOPLE , people..

Last edited:

Can some techie crop this pic, jazzy it up and give it to me. I want this for my siggy. I love it. I want it to say "I LOVE YOU MORE"

mikejoefan, thnx..... now it,s a bit clearer to me, haha....

I agree with you and many other fans.

keeps me wondering who the "fans" are that doing this to him....

Are there fans from england who an explain to me why it happens there so many times?

in holland or geray it,s never so worse as overthere....
one of my first reations was......hmmm, i,d rather hoped it was in berlin or amsterdam.....

Back