*big bang show vs unplugged/one night only style show you decide*

• Thread starter xscape guy 2003
  • Start date

xscape guy 2003

Guests
Hey , have not done a thread like this for ages so here goes!

First with all the excitement of michael coming back to live stage i thought would be cool to see what fans would like!

Would you like the big bang show, where pyrotechnics are king, special effects a plenty and evrything is larger than life!

OR!! The show that has a few special effects, an amazing opening , and then !! THE SPOTLIGHT , the curtain opening and on walks Michael singing!! LIVE!! THIS IS IT!!

Of course the trademark Billie Jean would still be there and some amazing new!! dance moves, but less tricky and energising dance routines in favour of THE VOICE!! the thing that made him famous in the first place and the abilty to outdo any beatboxer on the planet! WHAT Michael Jackson can beatbox, no!! thats the answer i get when i ask who is the greatest at this!!

Would you like to have a medly, of songs never heard before in favour of say the videos staged live of his well known ones! Or would you love to see him play the piano and tell you

HE WILL BE THERE!! he wants to Nevr can say goodbye! He wants to tell you ILL BE THERE! just like on the pepsi advert where the little michael sings with the present day michael, showcasing his ability to play piano!

Do you want him to give you butterflies all acoustically? or make you completly tell you , you make him *SPEECHLESS*??? but *whatever happens* he will always be there for us!!

and then of course he will make us all *SMILE* with such a unforgettable performance! Yes maybe you have not thought of this, but i hope they change it for me like this! JUST IMAGINE MICHAEL JACKSON! singing LIVE and beatboxing * asking WHO IS IT!!

KNOw for me that would be unforgetable and UNBREAKABLE to match in every way! This i feel would show to the whole world what we as fans already know!!!

why he is simply

THE KING OF POP!!

for THIS IS IT!!!

Terry

Well the fact that there will be a live band, is absolutely awesome. As for what I would like to happen, well I'm open to anything really. I mean I really don't mind if he performs the songs in his classic way but I have a feeling he will be jazzing them up big time. Also if the president of AEG is right and new songs will be performed then that means completely new performances that people will be witnessing for the first time ever which will be really exciting.

The discussion i am trying to get going here is what would so many ppl that have never seen Michael want? the Huge show, as in re creating the videos on stage or the VOICE, i really think they carnt do both, or maybe they can but with more emphasis on his singing ability than his special effects!

I carnt wait to see him and am very happy more stuff is coming to light, of which i had no doubt that it would!

Ok so lot of you read this!!

BUT PLEASE REPLY!! this is discussion after all!

Terry

Of course the second one, i'm not going to MJ to see special effects. I want the amazing dancing and singing. But i doubt we'll hear much singing...it's practically impossible to dance like crazy and keep that voice good too.

I want to see classic Michael with a lot of dancing and singing. But in a way I feel guilty that a lot of us feel that, as it may be making Michael feel pressured to push himself.

I think it will be more acoustic, but with good dancing when he does it and u know what else!! NEW CHOREOGRAPHY to show the young ones how to dance lol!!

Terry

Sorry but im bumping this, more replies please, more discussion.

Terry

mj always did spectacular shows in the past so i think it will be something like this but completely innovative and with SOUL ,so yes big bang show but full of mick's heart and originality plus a little live!

well apparantly he is re-working all the choreography for his famous songs, so that shall be cool to see.

I personally think the concert will have ALOT of interludes, these will provide Michael a great chance to rest in between big performances.

I would LOVE to see Mike duet with the audience on "I just cant stop loving you" where the crowd sing the girls lyrics....just think that wud be immence lol

Definitely an unplugged style. Don't see how it would ever work though, with people screaming and pushing and generally going crazy. It would be far more enjoyable for me if I could actually sit and enjoy Michael the singer/performer and his music versus the other option. Each to his own, though.

bgz i agree but maybe with a little bit of michaels magic!! but to see him totally live doing beatboxing etc!! and of course dancing !! ON ANOTHER LEVEL!!

thanks for all discussing , lets keep it goin

T

Well as we know a little of the shows direction, as in Michael wanting to use some illusions again, what do you think now?? Pyrotechnics and all that or , mixture of both, or THE VOICE!!

Incidentally i dont believe he will lip sync , because if he does , he is going to get ripped to shreds! and he knows that. So ihope he gives us loads of ad libs, and beatboxing.

Terry

Now discuss.

it shud be the biggest ever done! full blown all the way out! the budget shud be unlimited lol

I want a combination of the two. Big lights, moving stages and effects for Thriller, great live dancing and vocals on a stark stage for Billie Jean, big dance sequences for Remember The Time...

I want the best of both: a fun show and some live singing with good instrumentation.

Hey guys!!

Well we all knows brief details of the show now, looks like it will be the big bang effect, but do you still think we might get some new ways of doing the songs , with this being a much more intimate surrounding and venue than his stadium shows? I personally think that Mike will talk much more, and also show off his vocal skills/beatboxing.

Terry

I want a combination of the two. Big lights, moving stages and effects for Thriller, great live dancing and vocals on a stark stage for Billie Jean, big dance sequences for Remember The Time...

I want the best of both: a fun show and some live singing with good instrumentation.

Yep, that sounds just perfect to me.

Each style would be amazing in its own way, so I don't mind too much which one or which combination of the two we get. If I absolutely had to pick one or the other it would be something with less focus on special fx, but yeah, it's all good with me:cheeky:

seriously though,

You know i know it been said that we are going to get big bang show, but i also think it will to be so much more like a full theatre set, like just imagine *someone in the dark, with et flying with mike on a bike and him singing this!! and say the spaceship made up of the lights!! OMG ok i go back into my daydream now lol

I just dont see it being full on just pyrotechnics i think they , Mike will make use of everything around, i loved the way they done Earth song in Mj and friends with jest passng over head, this what i see more of, using screens etc to make you believe your in the video with him or some kinda thing which will make u think he is defying gravity!

Terry

I'd much rather see a full spectacle show with special effects etc.

After all, I don't think MJ could hold an audience for 2hrs without a big set to mask some of his lesser songs.

We're getting a Michael Jackson concert. And we all know what that is, lol.

But Ortega said the show would be very dynamic, wich would indicate that MJ wants to mix it up a bit. Maybe some songs will be more acoustic or acapella, and the fast tracks with the full blown pyro woopdidoo shamone, hee hee we are used to.

I don't really care as long as the music and the vocals are live.

It's when the spectacle impedes MJ's ability to perform live that it begins making me angry.

At the end of the day, people have paid to see and hear Michael Jackson. They're a lot more interested in live vocals than they are in seeing him levitate around the arena or watching trees grow out of the stage.

I would like a combination of spectacle and intamacy. With the big songs, I'd like to see the dancers, the lights and the effects. And Michael dancing. I don't care if that is part pre-recorded as far as the vocals go.

For the 'small' songs I would like the lights out, maybe just a guitar and Michaels live vocals. Making himself vulnarable and not depending on special effects.

For one thing I do hope he will be in good condition and doing enough rehearsals prior to the show, otherwise it will be a disaster.

i want what makes MJ happy. that's what worked for me, in the past. and i hope every artist i see is in good shape, whenever i go to concerts, all of my life, from Britney to Miley, to Jonas, to Stevie, to Michael.

After all, I don't think MJ could hold an audience for 2hrs without a big set to mask some of his lesser songs.

Artists a LOT less revered than MJ can hold a crowd for 2 hours. I get if you want the big stage show, but to say he couldn't hold an audience for 2 hours just by singing is ridiculous... he's got tons of hits he could just sing and move to without a big budget.

I'd much rather see a full spectacle show with special effects etc.

ur joking right? :blink:

I don't really care as long as the music and the vocals are live.

It's when the spectacle impedes MJ's ability to perform live that it begins making me angry.

At the end of the day, people have paid to see and hear Michael Jackson. They're a lot more interested in live vocals than they are in seeing him levitate around the arena or watching trees grow out of the stage.

Couldn't have put it better myself. He's so talented I don't think he needs any extra effects. But as long as he sings live I'll be over the moon!

Back