MJ to HIT IRELAND O2 TOO!!!???

2300jacksonst

Proud Member
Hi everyone,
finally the King is returning. I was talking to a friend last night about going over to the UK for MJ. He told me he heard on 2FM, a DJ saying he ecpects dates to be announced soon for Dublin's new O2 arena soon too.
I know when MJ was in Ireland he met with concert promoters Aiken promotions. So I emailed them last night. They replyed today:
Hi Paul,

We don't have any dates for Michael at the moment.

It will appear on our website immediately if you have anything.

Thank you

Louise

Aiken Promotions
24 Holles Street
Dublin 2
Ireland

(t) +353-1-7755800
(f) +353-1-7755888

http://www.aikenpromotions.com/

Has any Irish fans heard anthing? Due to money been low, I'd rather see MJ here, although I'd miss been among fans in UK.

I wouldn't be surprised, didnt he ask people a few years to find a big field in Ireland to play a concert here as a king of thank you for helping him back on his feet and for the nice welcome he got or something after his trial? If this 3 year deal is true and since it's the O2 in Dublin as well I suppose there is a very real chance :)

However I do feel the action and atmosphere is in London and I certainly will try and get tickets and fly over, since nothing else has been announced and the whole debate about the true meaning of "This is it..." is ongoing, I am taking no chances :) And if he does end up here, then cool, a chance to see him in my home country!

EDIT: I should probably say no I have not heard anything! I'd say Ireland is in more of a frenzy over the new U2 album right now :p Gerry Ryan had the guy from the auction up from Newbridge on 2FM this morning which was cool!

Yeah I'll be going to London too
but that would be damn good if he comes to Ireland

I heard stuff about him possibly performing here too, but I'm not taking the chance.. I'm definitely buying tickets for London just in case. If he performs here, I'll go to that as well, for sure. It would be really amazing to see him perform here!

I was listening to 2fm this morning. DJ played Beat It and he said 'I am waiting for an Irish date to be announced'. Now whether he just said it or he has hint of something I don't know. Because 02 now own the Point in Dublin. 2FM often do a lot of promotion with concerts in Ireland. So who knows. Maybe they will see how many are registering from Ireland. LOL!

But I am the dame as you Dark Artist, my sister and myself are trying to get a ticket for London but if he came to Ireland I would go as well.

I'd love to see this,really don't wanna go to London but i will if thats the only place he's playing!

Looks like everyone one is like me and afraid we'll miss MJ and so are going over to London.

MJJOS I do remember he was planning a show here before the trail, but nothing happened.

Also he always plays Ireland. Today on 2FM they mentioned how when he was here on a break, he became friends of the O2 (The Point) owner Harry Crosby. DJ'S on 2FM today seem certain he'll play here. Fingers crossed. :)

Would be great!

Then I am going to Ireland too!

Today I was listening to Irelands main Station, that is always 1st to announce concerts. Today they have started to play an ad with MJ's music and ends by saying Coming Soon, keep tuned for further details.
Last week they said owner of O2 had said their was a good chance MJ was coming here, they were in talks.

Today I was listening to Irelands main Station, that is always 1st to announce concerts. Today they have started to play an ad with MJ's music and ends by saying Coming Soon, keep tuned for further details.
Last week they said owner of O2 had said their was a good chance MJ was coming here, they were in talks.

Wow thats great news!

I'm hoping he might come to the Marquee Cork next summer during the "Live at the Marquee" festival. He shook Cork in 1988, my dad was there, I was born a year later, and he should do it again in 2010! :p

Of course if that does not happen I will come to Dublin. I would get to see him a 2nd time!

so then why if he is doing all these places made it so hard for uk fans to buy tickets in the uk its not fair

I think it is great what ever Mj does and I am a lucky fan to live right outside London and obviously have a less journey than alot of fans on here. i.e I mean the ones coming over from ireland , us , netherlands etc.

Do you not think they should of realeased all the world dates (if any) at once to save fans £100's if he ends up touring there own country anyway?
It just seems all a bit unfair if he does annouce a world tour?

I think it is great what ever Mj does and I am a lucky fan to live right outside London and obviously have a less journey than alot of fans on here. i.e I mean the ones coming over from ireland , us , netherlands etc.

Do you not think they should of realeased all the world dates (if any) at once to save fans £100's if he ends up touring there own country anyway?
It just seems all a bit unfair if he does annouce a world tour?

I agree, it's a shame :(

Well I went to Dublin last year, and the flights all in all cost me about £30.00. It would probably be cheaper for me to cross the sea and get to Dublin than it is to get trains (£45+!!!) to get to London!!!

Doubt he'd do Dublin O2, its only 12,000 capacity or something, I seen Pearl Jam there a couple of years ago.

He'd do Croke Park, thats 80,000.

Forget About Irland,
Michael Baby come to Sweden ;) :wub:

Hey! We want him here in Ireland as well!

Many of my friends want to see him as well but are not big enough fans to justify making the trip to London to their parents, so we could all go together if he came here and it we would have a great time!

Doubt he'd do Dublin O2, its only 12,000 capacity or something, I seen Pearl Jam there a couple of years ago.

He'd do Croke Park, thats 80,000.

Are you sure he would fill Croke Park? When he came to Cork in 1988 it was 60,000 at each at the two concerts, both sold out, but compare that with when he came to Dublin in 1992, it was 40,000 for one concert, and all the concert date pages Ive seen say it was not sold out. Then when he came to Dublin again in 1997 it was again 40,000 at one concert which apparantly was sold out. I'm not sure 80,000 would flock to see him to be honest, I think Ireland is in a frenzy right now with U2 at Croke Park on their 360 tour, just because of a centre stage.

any update about Ireland ?

Well I have an update, I heard the advert on Irish radio today that was mentioned earlier in the thread! It said coming soon, stay tuned into 2FM (which is the station) weekdays after midday for information. And it had various clips of his songs in the background. It was an unreal moment for me to hear a radio ad in my own country talking about a possible MJ concert here! So if I hear anything else I will post it here!

It would be great if MJ did come to Ireland!

It would save me a fortune!

I do think if he did Croke Park that it would sell out.. Many people I've spoken to were well jealous of my tickets!

Hey! We want him here in Ireland as well!

Are you sure he would fill Croke Park? When he came to Cork in 1988 it was 60,000 at each at the two concerts, both sold out, but compare that with when he came to Dublin in 1992, it was 40,000 for one concert, and all the concert date pages Ive seen say it was not sold out. Then when he came to Dublin again in 1997 it was again 40,000 at one concert which apparantly was sold out. I'm not sure 80,000 would flock to see him to be honest, I think Ireland is in a frenzy right now with U2 at Croke Park on their 360 tour, just because of a centre stage.

Of course he'd fill Croke Park. Dublin in particular at the moment is over populated I think, no shortage of people who'd go see him, even Phoenix Park or Slane would be good.

U2, time to hang the shades up bono, too many arse lickers with U2 in Ireland.

Below is an old article from July 2007 that I first posted long ago, from Paul Martin of Irish Daily Mirror. Note that, more than 1.5 years before any official news was revealed, Martin accurately described the initial 10-day plan at London's O2 and also forecasts possibilities elsewhere.

----------
Jackson: I Want to Come Back

July 27, 2007
Paul Martin

POP king Michael Jackson has asked promoters to find a venue to stage a massive outdoor show in Ireland next summer.

The Thriller star contacted top music figures in Dublin last week to reveal his plans for a tour.

As well as 10 dates at London's O2 Arena he wants to perform in Ireland - the country where he rebuilt his life after the child abuse trial.

A top insider told the Irish Daily Mirror: "The hunt is on to find the ideal venue for a Jackson gig.

"Croke Park would be too big and Lansdowne Road is being re- built so they are out.

"The RDS is being looked at because he performed there on the History tour in 1997.

"There are also other venues being considered that haven't been used for gigs before.

"Michael really wants to do the Dublin show as part of a 100- date world tour."

Jackson, 48, also revealed his plans for an Irish show to Samantha Mumba when he met her in Los Angeles last month.

Dublin pop babe Sam, 24, said: "He said he can't wait to come to Ireland and may be doing a gig at some stage."

Other high-profile dates in Paris, Munich, Berlin and Prague are also being planned. The star also looked at the option of staging a residency slot in Las Vegas - but sources say he is desperate to visit Europe.

One insider revealed: "This is the biggest tour of Michael's life - he wants to reinstate his title as the king of pop.

"He still has the power to sell-out the biggest venues around the world and is determined to show people that he still has the magic."
----------

Other articles by Paul Martin were published about various tour possibilities throughout 2007 and 2008, each of which ended up being more truthful than many assumed, now that we know the general plans.

Nuff said , *kudos to Paul Martin** who i always thought was a a great insider and he is an ACTUAL HUGE fan!! Paul also said about Michael s plans for new music and now we are hearing more about this coming to light.

Terry

I thought this might happen, Id much rather have seen Michael playing her in Ireland than have the added expence of flying to England and making my way to the 02 arean there, and by the way, why would Croke Park be to big? He`s done 2 nights there before lol

Nuff said , *kudos to Paul Martin** who i always thought was a a great insider and he is an ACTUAL HUGE fan!! Paul also said about Michael s plans for new music and now we are hearing more about this coming to light.

Terry

He`s also printed loads of shit, he has "insider" info because he comes here and and copies and pastes it!!

as AEG have said mj has agreed to nothing else other than the london shows and depending on how they go will determine whether mj does any shows anywhere else. of course AEG want mj to do a major tour but they are the ones who have been pushing the talk of a tour not mj. so the dublin name can just be added to the rest. yes its the 02 but i dont see the point of dublin if u are gonna do a select tour than the places need to be spread out.

Back