What happens from NOW til july?

There can be some releases..Maybe a single or maybe fulll album.Off the Wall 30th Anniversary Edition is also goin to release but I dont know exactly at what date.But I dont think releasing OTW will be smartest move for him cuz again people will think he cant release anything new,he just release old material again and again so its a bad idea.Or he may release some concert DVD frm bad era that'd increase excitement once ppl watch it they will be blown off cuz not everyone has seen him Live and many kids dont even know Michael Jackson as a performer.But I think a new album will be the best thing to do before kickin off O2.
And believe me all these kids who think Justin or Chris Brown are hell of movers,they will kick their own butt after seeing Michael Jackson onstage..lol cuz when you see Michael Jackson LIVE then you get to know why he is called the Greatest Performer Ever!!!:wild:

hopefully a single and a video
That's be the most fantastic thing.

If I think of the second best thing to happen...

a few interviews (I hope he does one at Steve Harvey's radio show. Steve and Mike are tight and it will be so much fun and positivity. He can do a telephone interview.) and a few appreances on TV

^ Im hoping for that too. Or a new album, thats actually what Im hoping for the most I think. And he will probably do some rehearsels for the concerts, and hopefully release new material.

Not that he needs to, but I'd love him to promote this O2 concert series on TV and radio etc. It's been so long since he's given an interview where we actually get to see and hear him. He's only really done magazine interviews lately. But I love seeing him in an interview setting. I know that the long one-hour or so interviews with him usually turn out disastrous I guess just because he has more time in which to say something stupid. So then why can't he just do a short ten minute promotional interview on a talk show? That's usually a safe bet and a most hosts know you're there to promote something and they'll try to keep the interview on topic and not bring up anything unnecessary. And usually they are light-hearted and funny and show the interviewee in a good light. So I would love to see Michael promoting the tour (again, not that he has to. It'll sell like crazy anyway) on shows like Jonathan Ross' or something. I don't know many UK talk shows. But you get the idea. That can keep us entertained in the meantime until the concerts. Obviously we'd all love new music, but I don't know if that's too much to ask. We probably should just consider ourselves lucky that we're getting a concert series. But if he did decide to bless us with new music before the concert series takes off, that would be awesome.

I would love to see him do some interviews.....but, since interviews haven't always been good to him, he could provide them with the questions he wants asked and then answer them. I bet Geraldo Rivera would do that. He's always liked Michael.

Michael will probably wanna keep things quiet til' the O2 July concerts. He'll probably try to make a BIG splash afterwards. I'm guessing he's gonna keep putting the finishing touches on that new album (yes, I'm still holding out hope that we get one) and rehearse for the big shows.
Until then...nothin'.

Hollaback.

New music is what happens between now and July, and lots of rehearsals and planning. He's scheduled to perform new songs, so the public are gonna have to know about them somehow (through the release of singles) before the shows start. And with singles comes music videos, so get ready!

Not that he needs to, but I'd love him to promote this O2 concert series on TV and radio etc. It's been so long since he's given an interview where we actually get to see and hear him.

I have been wanting something like this forever. I thought "Living With Michael Jackson" was going to take us into the world of him working with artists, making music, traveling on business and generally an insight into his career.... not an over-edited hacked piece of worthless shite. On top of setting off a chain of craptacular events, it was also a giant missed opportunity.

I want a good hour-long or two hour-long interview of him in the creative process, behind the scenes studio footage, etc. He could go on shows like Ellen and not be blindsided.. just have a good time.

he should do jonathan ross, hes never really been linked to michael before, but everytime he has a big name on, like when he had stevie wonder on, he always says, wow and all this, and goes on about there record sales, and its generally a friendly interview, also everyone watches that show in the uk, so its perfect promotion.

"An exclusive new Michael Jackson video showcasing his electric performances over the years will make a record breaking debut on Sunday, March 8th at 9:30pm on ITV. Michael Jackson will be the only artist ever to take over an entire ad break." - http://www.michaeljackson.com/pressconference

Hey , looks like there is going to be an MJ-add for promo , hopefully it has footage we havent seen before.

Last edited:
New music mayby, rehearsing and hopefully a bitof promotion.

That'd be cool.

"An exclusive new Michael Jackson video showcasing his electric performances over the years will make a record breaking debut on Sunday, March 8th at 9:30pm on ITV. Michael Jackson will be the only artist ever to take over an entire ad break." - http://www.michaeljackson.com/pressconference

Hey , looks like there is going to be an MJ-add for promo , hopefully it has footage we havent seen before.
I think they are going to use the same teaser add they
had at the 02 announcement _ but would be nice if they
had more recent unseen footage :)

Well, it's about time to take that masterly marketing plan off the shelf by now.
New album, Jonathan Ross or similar appearance at a show, some new hot singles and a cool videoclip of course. Let's all wait and see. If the press conference was only step one according to the AEG guy, I'm confident we'll see more publicity during the next weeks/months

'Brace yourself' again and again...

Can people please record the ad break, and put it up on youtube for us fans who are abroad ( i can't use megaupload or anything like that, my security won't allow it and i'm rubbish with computers!) Cheers! :) xxx

I really hope that there will be a new album and single

think every fan now believes that the new album is near.iam sure the album must be allready ready,so he has plendy of time to promote it until june.and of course michael wiil prepear himself for the shows.he is back in work now back for good the time has come.

There HAS to be a new album coming, i mean...come on. How many artists have bragged and talked about it? Akon, Neyo, Will.IAM has spoken alot about it...it's just being kept secret till the last moment....i am guessing.......

I'm drooling over the prospect of some new music, but I suspect it'll probably be exactly the same over the next few months as it has been over the last YEAR or two. We'll catch a glimpse of him here or there, rumors abound, the mainstream American media will collectively make an ass of themselves ( which I personally always enjoy) and maybe, MAYBE a sneak peak at what we can expect to see from the live shows. I think MJ will save any announcement about a new album until the actual concerts kick off. Hell, a new album might even be included in the merchandise venues at the shows themselves. But I'm pretty sure MJ's gonna spin our wheels for another 2 or 3 months before anything major happens. I mean, since when has he NOT enjoyed doing that? :cheeky:

I don't think a full blown album will be released between now and July. That takes A LOT of planning and I know Mike needs absolute perfection. I do however suspect that 1 or 2 brand new singles will be released before July. This seems reasonable given the comments from Randy Phillips (CEO of AEG) who has told press in video interviews that he himself has heard the new material from Michael and how spectacular it is; which shows that Michael has had plans all along to incorporate a few new songs into the concerts.

If I had to guess I would say the first new single will be released in April, but thats just speculation on my own behalf. Also, I think Michael will be seen more in public over the next 3 months, including interviews with the press. Maybe even a large scale interview on Oprah, Ellen, or Barbara Walters, etc.

They said he's planning to play new songs at the concerts right? Then there will HAVE to be a new single/ALBUM:shock:!! omg.

I think we will get some singles before the concerts!

Some guest appearances and then a single released in July :) To coincide with the concerts.

*****'s stage fright ahead of comeback tour
8 Mar 2009, 1757 hrs IST, ANI
Print Email Discuss Share Save Comment Text:
It looks like King of pop Michael Jackson is suffering from stage-fright ahead of his big comeback announcement at the

Michael Jackson (Reuters photo) More Pics
O2 Arena.

The singer was apparently caught drunk and lurching around the Lanesborough Hotel near Hyde Park. The 50-year-old had to be held up by minders and led back to his suite, but friends refused to blame it on the booze.

They insist that he was simply jet- lagged, unable to sleep and suffering from stage-fright ahead of his big comeback announcement. “Michael shocked us with his behaviour,” the News of the World quoted a hotel source, as saying.

“He was wandering around the lobby in the early hours looking completely spaced out. The security team had to help him back to his room. It was not what we were expecting at all. He was asking staff for DVDs to watch in his room as he was having problems sleeping. I am not sure he knew what time it was,” the source added.

The singer made a series of frantic calls to his mum Katherine, 79, in the US for reassurance. “Michael spent the first two days just shut away in his suite, trying to get his head around his comeback. But it was clear he was quite nervous about the whole thing,” the source said.

“He had a series of long chats with his mum, seeking assurances that everything was fine. Even though he is 50, he seemed to need his mum’s words to keep him focused,” the source added.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...ead-of-comeback-tour-/articleshow/4241640.cms

...Don't know how true this is, but do you guys think Michael is having a bit of stage fright?

*****'s stage fright ahead of comeback tour
8 Mar 2009, 1757 hrs IST, ANI
Print Email Discuss Share Save Comment Text:
It looks like King of pop Michael Jackson is suffering from stage-fright ahead of his big comeback announcement at the

Michael Jackson (Reuters photo) More Pics
O2 Arena.

The singer was apparently caught drunk and lurching around the Lanesborough Hotel near Hyde Park. The 50-year-old had to be held up by minders and led back to his suite, but friends refused to blame it on the booze.

They insist that he was simply jet- lagged, unable to sleep and suffering from stage-fright ahead of his big comeback announcement. “Michael shocked us with his behaviour,” the News of the World quoted a hotel source, as saying.

“He was wandering around the lobby in the early hours looking completely spaced out. The security team had to help him back to his room. It was not what we were expecting at all. He was asking staff for DVDs to watch in his room as he was having problems sleeping. I am not sure he knew what time it was,” the source added.

The singer made a series of frantic calls to his mum Katherine, 79, in the US for reassurance. “Michael spent the first two days just shut away in his suite, trying to get his head around his comeback. But it was clear he was quite nervous about the whole thing,” the source said.

“He had a series of long chats with his mum, seeking assurances that everything was fine. Even though he is 50, he seemed to need his mum’s words to keep him focused,” the source added.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...ead-of-comeback-tour-/articleshow/4241640.cms

...Don't know how true this is, but do you guys think Michael is having a bit of stage fright?

what a load of bollocks.

he had all the confidence in the world when he stepped off that bus.

Don't believe a word of it!!!

If he was upset, it was because he got the news about David Williams !!

I think we will get some singles before the concerts!
I think it's possible too. If he is going to play some new songs in the concert (where the President of AEGLive has said is a probability), then why not have it released like a month/couple weeks or so, before the concerts happen? :D

Back