warning if u dont have your own credit card for buying tickets

OMG! Im 42 hours away from London!!! Why one earth would they send them so close to the concert date for those travelling from far places?

if u have a debit card u can buy over the phone and then collect yourself but otherwise u are stuffed

thx for the warn!
damn..i was planning also to use my dad`s card..now i am lost
maybe some authentic copy of the persons ID card etc would help when picking it up?:tease:
its crazy with such shorte notice i can not even get my own card

maybe some authentic copy of the persons ID card etc would help when picking it up?:tease:
its crazy with such shorte notice i can not even get my own card
they said most venues allow this but not the 02 they are very strict.

the only hope is they allow an e ticket but i cant see this. as they are being strict with it

ticket master does allow to buy with a credit card and also a maestro card, i have did this many times

so dont panic !

Use a prep-paid credit card that you can buy from the stores. You'll be able to get the tickets under your name and use will call with your ID.

"Ticketmaster aims to dispatch tickets as soon as possible. We are not able to be specific with exact dates of dispatch. Please allow as much time as possible for your tickets to arrive. If your tickets have not arrived five days before the show or, if you are travelling, five days before you leave, please contact us. Please include your reference number and the name and postcode the booking is under. Ticketmaster only posts tickets to the billing address of a credit card. If the address in your booking does not correspond to that held by your credit card company, we may cancel your tickets."

just register for a card immediately. u'll be given the card number and all necessary infotomake purchases. the card should be mailed to u before the shows. don't panic

ive rung them again and now they are telling me i can use a debit card. im looking through the site and it appears to be ok after adding my card. the problem seems to be everything says credit and not debit card.

im gonna edit the title of the thread.sorry guys i think ive rushed head of myself and nearly had a heart attack

Whatever happens make sure you get the reference number. I once arranged to collect tickets from Wembley for the Dangerous tour and because I did not have a reference they could not find them! I ended up having to buy tickets for myself and younger brother from a tout (not a good idea but we were desperate having queued through the night). I later got my money back from Wembley but nothing could have compensated for the disappointment had we missed the show. Always get the reference number!

i think i am gonna risk...and take the reference number, copy of ID card, letter from my dad. pfffff how much i hate this

yeah after double checking on the website debit cards are ok. sorry guys

Yeah I just checked ticket master too and picked a random pop concert and went through the whole seat selection process, until I got to the "payment options" page and where it says "Credit Card", they have Maestro card (which is a debit card) as an option as well. It's kind of confusing, but it's there. So anyone who has Maestro should be okay.

i think i am gonna risk...and take the reference number, copy of ID card, letter from my dad. pfffff how much i hate this
You can't. Arena O2 doesn't accept Letter Of Authorization.

Here is a reply I got from O2 customers service:

Hi Enrico,

Letters of authorization ARE NOT accepted at The O2 box office. Only the
person who bought the tickets on their card can pick up tickets from the
box office. You can call the international booking line on 00 44 161 385
3211 to book tickets and arrange ticket delivery.

Thanks,

Josh Mckenzie

Customer Services
The O2
Peninsula Square
London
SE10 ODX
www.theo2.co.uk
T: +44 (0) 20 8463 2000

However, international customers may be offered to have the tickets delivered to their physical address by fedex. I did a test and tried to order tickets for Pet Shop Boys concert and I got the 'home delivery' option.
I think it depends on the concert 'cause I did try another concert and only box office collection was allowed for that concert.

Again, Arena O2 DOES NOT accept Letter Of Authorization.

I tested ticket delivery with a Lionel Richie concert and they had the e-mail option for those who live abroad. But I saw they have a FedEx option as well.

Is VISA DEBIT card accepted or not? Otherwise I can't buy myself and other fans here tickets.

Is VISA DEBIT card accepted or not? Otherwise I can't buy myself and other fans here tickets.

VISA Debit Card is accepted, I have bought tickets through ticketmaster before with a VISA Debit card.

I pray they have the e-ticket option. It makes everything sooo much easier.
I was also planning to buy the tickets with my dad's card as I recently cancelled my own, so this sucks...
Let's say I buy it with my dad's card, and choose fedex as delivery, how fast can I get the tickets prior to the show?

NOW DEBIT CARD: Does any debit card work? Or do I have to have a special kind of card? Like an international debit card? I'm confused :(

I pray they have the e-ticket option. It makes everything sooo much easier.
I was also planning to buy the tickets with my dad's card as I recently cancelled my own, so this sucks...
Let's say I buy it with my dad's card, and choose fedex as delivery, how fast can I get the tickets prior to the show?

NOW DEBIT CARD: Does any debit card work? Or do I have to have a special kind of card? Like an international debit card? I'm confused :(

Well as far as I know VISA Debit Cards are guaranteed to work and MAESTRO.

I tested ticket delivery with a Lionel Richie concert and they had the e-mail option for those who live abroad. But I saw they have a FedEx option as well.
I strongly advice you to use Fedex

http://www.ticketmaster.co.uk/h/help.html?tm_link=tm_homeA_ql_4

[FONT=Verdana, Helvetica]FedEx dispatch is a guaranteed delivery service with tracking facility which is only available for customers who reside outside the United Kingdom. A signature is required upon delivery.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Helvetica]There are two different prices:[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Helvetica]£13.50 - For EU (including Switzerland) and USA
£18.50 - Rest of the World
[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Helvetica]This service is not available for P.O. Box addresses or to the countries in the second attached list below.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Helvetica]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Helvetica]Once dispatched, any item should be delivered next day to EU (including Switzerland) and USA, and within 5 days to the Rest of the World. The FedEx courier will attempt delivery on three consecutive days, each day leaving a postcard which provides details of how to arrange redelivery.[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Helvetica]For all bookings that contain your correct email address, when tickets are due to be dispatched by FedEx, you will receive an Email Notification of Delivery from Ticketmaster.[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Helvetica]The Email notification will state that your tickets are about to be dispatched to you, and it will also contain your confirmation number, FedEx Tracking number and details of how to contact FedEx if your tickets fail to arrive.[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Helvetica]If we can't dispatch the tickets to you in time, delivery by FedEx will not be an option in the booking process, so international customers will be asked to pick up tickets at the box office.[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Helvetica]Please note if you have not as yet received your tickets and you have not also received the notification of delivery, this may be due to your tickets not yet being posted or the email address in your booking is incorrectly spelt or is missing all together. So please make sure that when you make a booking either by phone or via Ticketmaster's website that your email address is spelt correctly so that you can at a later date receive the Email Notification of Delivery.[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Helvetica]If your address changes before we are able to dispatch your tickets, please contact us immediately. In order to change your address details, we require written confirmation of your new address in the form of a photocopy of the card statement with your new address printed on it.[/FONT]

I just want to make something sure. I use my dad's creditcard and filled in my information at the billing adress. Now i still live at home so the adress and last name are the same. Only name and and sex are different now.. Now i wonder if that's ok or wether i need to chance it completely into my dad's?

Ohh and about debit cards.. I don't see that option? I have a debit card with meastro logo but the only options ticketmaster gives me are Visa, Mastercard or American Express. Is that debit card option for UK only or something?

Last edited:
the more i read the more confused i get!!!!

what do US customers do???? help me!!

can we pay over the phone with ticketmaster...over the net???

can we use debit or anything with visa logo????

I just want to make something sure. I use my dad's creditcard and filled in my information at the billing adress. Now i still live at home so the adress and last name are the same. Only name and and sex are different now.. Now i wonder if that's ok or wether i need to chance it completely into my dad's?
http://www.ticketmaster.co.uk/h/help.html?tm_link=tm_homeA_ql_4
Can I have my tickets sent to a different address?

For security reasons Ticketmaster will only dispatch tickets to the billing address of the card used to pay for the tickets. This procedure is in place as credit/debit card fraud is on the increase with telephone and internet bookings and is there to protect the card holder.

Back