Anyone noticed the better media coverage?

sunnyday81

Proud Member
I'm checking the newspapers everyday and what I've noticed is the increasingly good coverage. I'm especially surprised by the Sun and The Mirror and the Daily Star. They can't resist a couple of negative remarks here and there like using the word J---o, but overall it's been quite good. They even call him King of Pop again.
The MJ cartoon in the Sun today made me laugh out loud today in the bus: I dont usually laugh with them. First they had an article about expensive ticket touts and on the next page a cartoon showing a big queue outside the MJ box office and Gordon Brown (the UK prime minister) sneaking out and running with a 1000 stolen MJ tickets and saying he will save the country from this financial crisis. LMAO! :rofl:

Oh, btw, I saw the Daily Star photo today of the O2 conference crowds and I spotted myself semi-hiding behind people's heads! LOL

yea i have noticed it too! and that is a huge improvement because here in the US they usually have nothing butr garbage to spew out about the KOP but everything for the most part seems to be well....kind! even TMZ said something positive about him and i was blown away!!

You know, i have to say...i was looking for an article to post on my facebook page the other day...when the tickets first sold out. All the articles i found started well but then towards the end had to make some comment about how he had a failed performance at the World Music Awards where he only sang a few lines, or something about the child molestation charges or his dwindling finances. It was hard to find an article that was ALL positive.

I really hope this changes!

I don't like the whole talk about him being broke but i can put up with it. What i really can't put up with though is when the media brings up the whole 2003-2005 episode. That's one thing which i think should stay in the past.

if anyone says to me "hes broke isnt he?" I just say "well after these concerts, HE'LL BE ROLLING IN IT!!" LMAO!

I don't read the Sun, but the cartoon is funny, and not too far from the truth in the sence that Michael will bring some much needed revenue in for a lot of people, hotels, cafe's etc. transport providers, and for me shoe shops! I need some seriously comfortable shoes for this summer.

The tabloids now have a problem they realised a long time ago that Michael had a huge fan base but now they can see the full force of it, they don't want to upset hundreds of thousands of people, their U turn will be gradual but in the words of Sam Cooke, " A change is gonna come".

It's what the media does, especially gossip/entertainment media. They run with a hot story good or bad. It was to be expected, they're not personally invested, they just want to sell big numbers/get high web traffic.

The danish press has also been nicer than usual!
THAT IS GREAT !!

They keep calling him J**** and W**** - BUT not in the very negative way they used to.

And yesterday I even read an article that didn't even mentioned the trial, the baby-dangling in Berlin, the plastic surgery stuff they normal write about and nothing about MJ being broke!

ONLY positive! - And the journalist wrote about the neverdying hits MJ has made, the great performances ALL positive. I was choked! :lol:

NEVER put your trust in media whores-------

*******NEVER*******

The vicious needle nosed mut puppet brigade dujour are driven by $elfish interest only.

They care of my feelings or yours---NOT!

Keep WATCHIN'.......

what a bizarre post. who do you think is being a media whore? not mj, surely?

what a bizarre post. who do you think is being a media whore? not mj, surely?

Nope. Back is just being "Back". :cheeky:And he speaks in riddles.
But this one is true; never trust the media- even if they act nice now.
Its just that they have realsed this is going to be huge.

But the amazing thing is; Michael has never really had nice press coverage ( except early on)- but it doesn`t matter. He is not made by the media, and they can`t take him down.
So whatever they say, it doesn`t really matter.

Well what negative thing can they say really? The shows are selling well and things seem to be going good for MJ right now. There's nothing negative for them to report.

wait until opening night then u will see their claws

It is normal for the public and the media to love Michael when he is touring and to diss him in between. It was the same beofre the Bad tour was announced and between Bad and Dangerous, then between Dangerous and History. You get used to it.

anything for money, even sell your soul to the devil......i didn't say it, MJ did. lol

Back