What Should Be The Opening Song? (Merged)

Stargirl

Proud Member
I mean, either that or I Wanna Be Where You Are (except for that one only the first four lines are completely compatible).
With 'Unbreakable' it's like kicking even more dust into the faces of the haters.

You can't believe it
You can't concieve it
And you can't touch me
'Cause I'm untouchable
And I know you hate it
And you can't take it
You'll never break me
'Cause I'm unbreakable

That is so telling the effing doubters that he can STILL manage to sell out all his 50 shows without so much as a lift of a pinky. Honestly.
And he can DEFINATELY manage to make them the BEST shows in HISTORY!!!

Re: Who else thinks 'Unbreakable' should kick off the This Is It tour?

yes!! ive been praying this will be the opener!1 it has 2be its so perfect

That would be amazing. I can see it for sure!

I was only thinking this myself today :eek:

probably the only song bar butterflies i want to see from that album,

been talking this all evening tonight with my sister so FU@K YEAH!

If Unbreakable isn't played I will go up on stage and sing it myself. :)

^ And Speechless?! :eek:

i listend to invincible again yesterday and i still can't warm to it :( unbreakble, rock my world, butterflies, heartbreaker and to an extent break of dawn but thats about it.

I don't know, I'm thinking a Thriller opening would be better. The intro has to be huge and big. Unbreakable doesn't have a big intro. But Thriller....well, that song opens with a huge intro. That big.....Duh, duh! Duh, duh, duh, duh......it's just great.

I say come out with Thriller and get it over with. Then move into other songs.

i listend to invincible again yesterday and i still can't warm to it :( unbreakble, rock my world, butterflies, heartbreaker and to an extent break of dawn but thats about it.

Aww lol well maybe it might grow on you? lol I just love it :wub: But I love all the ones you mentioned, too :D

id love to hear this one as the opener! :D

I don't know, I'm thinking a Thriller opening would be better. The intro has to be huge and big. Unbreakable doesn't have a big intro. But Thriller....well, that song opens with a huge intro. That big.....Duh, duh! Duh, duh, duh, duh......it's just great.

thriller as an opener? thats horrible lol. the build up 2unbreakable @ the start and just b4 the beat drops in a huge explosion of shattering glass...omg come on now lol

nah, imo Invincible would be a better opener, but i'd rather hear neither.

Oh hell yes! Unbreakable HAS to be the opening song, just thinking about it gives me goose bumps :wild:

Im not a huge fan of this song, but I do agree that would be brilliantly fitting opening..maybe an abridged version going into something else more dramatic or uplifting maybe. Much better than the rumored opening with BJ.

i listend to invincible again yesterday and i still can't warm to it :(

Don't worry you're not the only one. I can't either, I wouldn't be bothered if none of the songs off this were played, i don't hate it, i just think in relation to other songs, there are just so many more i would rather hear!

UNBREAKABLE WAS MADE FOR A SHOW OPENER!!

MICHAEL YOU HAVE TO HAVE THIS!!

Terry

i agree i would love to see Unbreakable as the opener, or Jam because, i've never seen Michael live so i think Jam would be cool! Jam or Unbreakable? Either one i would be ecstatic about seeing as the opener.

Nope,Unbreakable will be bad choice.If he has got any new single which have that energy to kick off the concert then its great but if he wanna start from any classics only then Wanna Be Startin Somethin is the best choice.WBSS with heavy bass guitar would be eletrifying and if he moves with it well then it would be killer performance.:punk:

my personaly favourite would be Billie Jean but thats unlikely (i think).

I do hope he'll sing unbreakable.

no songs from invincible please!!

lol, I am gonna give you guys a little preview of how it would be like if MJ kicked off with that song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMO53LhLqMw

Please Michael, do songs from Invincible.

Its so underrated that album. Deserves a lot more credit.

Yeah it's a cool song, but I think Beat It would be an ever better opening song because the lyrics are amaaaazing - "They told him you better not come around here; dont wanna see your face you better disappear"..

You mean the part that happens after the door closing and the wolf howling? :)

Or maybe a mix of some songs...like he did with the dangerous/smooth criminal thing at the MTV awards, when he ended it with You are not alone.

OR...a completely new song, who knows...one thing is for sure...it's gonna be a big surprise.

I love that idea :D I just had this crazy thought about having "You rock my world" as the opening... the way he does it, in the video, u know?

"My life.... will never be the same (BOOM!) ... cuz girl you came and changed... the way i walk (BOOM!)... the way i talk... i can not explain..." That dance, and that shadow-thing... but it would probably not work anyway (a) And that has nothing to do with the lyrics, it's just that i would die hearing his voice without music, singing that :D

Yeah, Unbreakable would be a great opener.

I would like to say that if he does wanna be startin something....I hope he mimes it this time and just dances his ass off lol. Cause I never understand why he insists on singing that song live in all the tours, when its so hard with the dancing...yet he mimes you are not alone. Never will get that?? lol

Invincible is an album wich must be listened to on a huge speaker system.

The album is very heavily produced and you can not hear the songs as they are ment to be heard on normal small systems. Only sound geeks know this, and Michaels error when making the album was thinking that by 2001 everyone was a sound geek.

But if and when you hear the fast tracks from Invincible in concert, you will know why the album is underrated.

Invincible knocks all his previous albums on their asses when you crank up the volume.

Unbreakable is just massive if the bass is hard and loud enough.

I think most people here will have a different view of the songs on that album if heard live.

Kick of with Unbreakable and have a famous rapper come out to rap Biggys part!

I'm sure it would be the BEST opening song!!
And YRMW would be very good for ending a la Bad Tour :)

Back