buying tickets from ebay question?

man.in.the.mirror

Proud Member
hi there ,i was just wondering what you all think about buying tickets off ebay?i,ve seen a few that are quite reasonable,
they say the person has 100%feedback which is very good,and says the buyer will recieve email confirmation from ticketmaster,
i,ve bought a few things from ebay and always been quite lucky but as far as tickets go i am a bit worried,
do you think email confirmation is enougth to purchace it?
i know i am a bit negative but i just need reassurance ,i would hate to get to the concert and be refused entry because they are fake.
is there a way to check the tickets when they arrive

hi there ,i was just wondering what you all think about buying tickets off ebay?i,ve seen a few that are quite reasonable,
they say the person has 100%feedback which is very good,and says the buyer will recieve email confirmation from ticketmaster,
i,ve bought a few things from ebay and always been quite lucky but as far as tickets go i am a bit worried,
do you think email confirmation is enougth to purchace it?
i know i am a bit negative but i just need reassurance ,i would hate to get to the concert and be refused entry because they are fake.
is there a way to check the tickets when they arrive

I would check their feedback, you can see what items they've sold if they have sold tickets previously and have postive feedback your probably safe.
I've put mine one bay for reasonably cheap if your interested:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&item=200320584233

Also when they send the confirmation , call ticketmaster and quote the reference number which will be on the email ask them to confirm the name, and seats, date etc to see if it matches, also the address where the tickets are being posted too and see if it matches with the sellers address (if they fail to provide oyu with there home adresss steer clear) x

Also when they send the confirmation , call ticketmaster and quote the reference number which will be on the email ask them to confirm the name, and seats, date etc to see if it matches, also the address where the tickets are being posted too and see if it matches with the sellers address (if they fail to provide oyu with there home adresss steer clear) x

yep thats very good advice

I would check their feedback, you can see what items they've sold if they have sold tickets previously and have postive feedback your probably safe.
I've put mine one bay for reasonably cheap if your interested:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&item=200320584233
thanks for the link,i am lookig for lower tier though because i have a severe fear of heights,thanks for your advice.

thankyou very much for your advice,i will certainly do that,it does have positive feed back ,and i have had a few messages backfrom the seller,i,m not sure if they have sold ticket before though,do you mean the adress on ebay page because they only have the county,and country on it is this what you mean or get there full address?

Good information, thank you. :)

Definatly email the seller and ask for there address (obviously once you have won/paid etc) however sometimes this should just come on the invoice - if you pay via cheque etc.

Also some more advice the email confirmation is only a few details etc - ask the seller to send you the full confirmation. (There will be a link at the bottom of the email) Make sure you can acsess this etc If you can the tickets are real :)

Definatly email the seller and ask for there address (obviously once you have won/paid etc) however sometimes this should just come on the invoice - if you pay via cheque etc.

Also some more advice the email confirmation is only a few details etc - ask the seller to send you the full confirmation. (There will be a link at the bottom of the email) Make sure you can acsess this etc If you can the tickets are real :)
thankyou i,ll do that.the email confirmation will be from ticketmaster right?and there should be a link to ticketmaster on it?

If the tickets are sold over ebay though, isn't there a large chance the O2 won't accept them as they weren't bought with your card?? Hence the ID'ing thing?? Someone help me out here please :s

u only need your card /id if u are collecting them from the box office. if theres a problem with the ticket then u have to worry about id and what not.

Make sure the insurance is fully covered and also if I were you i wouldn't buy until 2 months prior to the date because paypal only has a 2 month refund policy.I got burned very badly on that one on a Prince concert when the little F***** decided to pull out of a concert less than a week before it so be very careful!

Ticketmaster will not give out home addresses, it's against data protection.

If you ring up giving ticket numbers etc and claiming to not know where they are being sent to, Ticketmaster are more likely to get suspicious and void the tickets. Just check out a sellers feedback, you should be alright, but its always a gamble.

If you want to cover yourself you have to buy your ticket from a seller with good feedback nearer the date of the concert because if you pay for the auction via Paypal and the ticket doesnt turn up, you can only get a refund if you make a claim within 90 days of the auction close date. So if you buy now and the ticket doesnt turn up? Youre out of pocket. Tickets are stupid prices now anyway, nearer the date you should get tickets going for much more reasonable prices.

The confirmation email has the shipping address listed / the seller will have an address of where to send money or on invoice. they should match

Thanks for the information and advice guys. I've been worrying about stuff like that for the past few days.
me too,it,s crazy how this world gets us being suspicious of everyone,but there are genuine people out there,my friend sold her formula 1 tickets on ebay,they were genuine(just an example)it,s good to check things out though)

I'm also worried because there's a girl here in the Netherlands claiming to have 2 tickets for B2 only for € 300,- together. She said that she wanted half the money first and then she would send the confirmation email and when the tickets arrive I could pay the other half. Makes me wonder why anyone would want money first and THEN forward the email...? Is there any chance for her losing her tickets when she does or what :unsure:
Can anyone please help me with this because when she is genuine I will get great seats for a great price!

I'm also worried because there's a girl here in the Netherlands claiming to have 2 tickets for B2 only for € 300,- together. She said that she wanted half the money first and then she would send the confirmation email and when the tickets arrive I could pay the other half. Makes me wonder why anyone would want money first and THEN forward the email...? Is there any chance for her losing her tickets when she does or what :unsure:
Can anyone please help me with this because when she is genuine I will get great seats for a great price!

I think that is a very very good offer she has given you. I think ticket holders are worried that if they send confirmation over without the money then the buyer could call ticket master etc and claim it as there tickets etc?

i am at the moment bidding for 2 tickets,the seller seems quite genuine had replys to my messages ,she has 100%feedback and confirmation will be sent once payment is made.
because i was worried about
buying off ebay i sent the 02 an email about it,
this is thier reply,

Thanks for the e-mail

As expected, lots of people are attempting to sell tickets for Michael Jackson at The O2 on various websites and this is something we are aware of.

I can assure you that there are the strictest procedures in place to avoid touting. Customers can only buy 4 tickets for any event on a single credit/debit card for any home address and any purchases that exceed this are cancelled and where touting is suspected, the correct procedures are taken to prevent further abuse and to prosecute those involved. The reclaimed tickets are then resold. We also have a very active Commercial Protection Unit who scour EBay, fraudulent sales sites and prosecute known touts. They have been very successful in doing this for previous shows so there is a chance that more tickets will become available closer to the date of the concert. I must add that you will not find touts on our land before a show, as they are dealt with immediately by the police and our own teams.
I
It will take some time, but all sites we discover selling these tickets will be investigated.
would also say that many of the tickets you see for ‘sale’ on eBay do not actually exist, and I would never recommend buying tickets for any event through unofficial sources.

If you were unable to obtain tickets for one of the dates I would recommend checking www.ticketmaster.co.uk closer to the time of the shows to see if more are available.

However quite often the promoter do keep tickets for friends and family and release the ones they are not using at the last minute. What you should do is sign up our news letter and as soon as some tickets are release you will receive an email.

http://www.theo2.co.uk/inside/newsletter.html

You have to understand that more than 4 million of us wanted tickets for Michael Jackson show and of course it means that there are many disappointed people around.

Kind regards,

Customer Services
The O2
Peninsula Square
London, SE10 0DX
www.theo2.co.uk
T: +44 (0) 20 8463 2000

this makes me feel abit better
quote..................

We also have a very active Commercial Protection Unit who scour EBay,
they do reccomend you don,t buy tickets from unnoficial sources,we know that ,but if they are sold out by official websites what other options do we have.

wow i can't believe they actually responded. Some good info in there..
i,ve gotta say they have been pretty good at customer services ,i,ve sent a few different emails and they have responded every time,
they have to say you must buy from official ticket sites to cover themselves ,but some of the info there ,makes me feel slightly better knowing they have thier eye on ebay.

But I still don't understand how it works if you buy tickets from viagogo for example.
I mean will they actually refuse entry to people who have a ticket, but bought it on the same card/same billing address from somewhere else than ticketmaster? It'd be absoutely horrible if people go to the show and then they refuse them entry. I would be devastated! Especially after paying a fortune....

I just don't see how they can control if one buys from ebay for example (given that the ticket is genuine) and then the person has more than 4 tickets per household...how will they find out?!

i,m not sure ,but when they are talking about the 4 ticket limit,i think they may be referring to purchacing tickets through ticketmaster.
have you bought tickets from ebay?.

No, I haven't yet, but I definitely think about buying more tickets closer to the shows via ebay or viagogo or whatever.
But I definitely don't want to risk paying a fortune and then they won't let me in on the day of the show.

No, I haven't yet, but I definitely think about buying more tickets closer to the shows via ebay or viagogo or whatever.
But I definitely don't want to risk paying a fortune and then they won't let me in on the day of the show.
thats exactly what i,m worried about,
the thing is i purchace tickets during the pre-sale,but in the panick i didn,t realise the tickets were in the top tier,good seats quite close to the stage,i am very happy i managed to get these,but my problem is i have a severe phobia of heights and didn,t realise thats where the seats were,
so on friday my husband said to me try getting lower tier tickets during the general sale and i could then sell the top tier ones,i was up at 6am and couldn,t get through on ticketmaster,
so my only option is is ebay to find lower tier tickets,
but what i,m worried about,say i win these tickets then i sell mine i bought from ticketmaster,and then i go to the concert and get refused entry,and i,ve then sold my own tickets.i,d be devestated.

Yes exactly my worries as well!
And if you are afraid of heights, then I'm sure the top tier seats are a nightmare.
I'm also extremely scared of heights and I went to a musical a few weeks ago where we sat on the highest balcony (not the O2) and I was terrified! That's the reason I didnt' even bother looking for upper tier tickets in the O2 arena. I knew I wouldnt be able to enjoy it.

But that's a bit off topic.
I'm also very nervous about buying any tickets at this or a later stage, just out of fear they won't let me in....
i just WISH someone would know for sure, because it seems that AEG, ticketmaster and everyone else don't really have a clue themselves :/

top teir is fine as long as you dont have a couple of drinks beforehand . hehe

(a mistake i made at spice girls!)

yes because i,d never been on ticketmaster before or been to the 02,and the pre-sale were selling out so quickly,i didn,t realise thet 405 was infact top tier,i thought it would have said for example (level1 405 level2 405 i didn,t know the sat numbers they have for each floor) i know i sjhould have known .so when it came up i bought them panicking i would not get a ticketat all.
i,m wondering if to be on the safe side if i should talk my husband into keeping the tickets i already have,and if i get these lower tier tickets,whatever happens on the day i will still have tickets ,and i,ll just have to tie myself to the seat,haha

top teir is fine as long as you dont have a couple of drinks beforehand . hehe

(a mistake i made at spice girls!)
sorry double post.
i think i would be better having a drink to calm my nerves,haha:yes:but i don,t drink,or either tie myself to the seat or get some vallium off the doc.
:D

Back