cheap flights to LONDON on USAIR from CHICAGO

vstreet

Proud Member
For those of you fans going from the US in the Summer to see Michael, US Airways is offering some flights for approx. $530/rt in the Summer from Chicago.

I used Priceline and bought a pair.

Either way, I thought I should share this with you if you are looking for flights to London.

....Sorry, I meant to post this under in the accomodation & Travel forum.

Last edited:
For those of you fans going from the US in the Summer to see Michael, US Airways is offering some flights for approx. $530/rt in the Summer from Chicago.

I used Priceline and bought a pair.

Either way, I thought I should share this with you if you are looking for flights to London.

....Sorry, I meant to post this under in the accomodation & Travel forum.

Thank you thank you. I just got a ticket. It may go down as we get closer but I don't think it will go much lower than that.

I am going on the 11th and coming back the 15th. When are you traveling? Maybe I'll see you.

Hey, thanks for mentioning this. Turns out I can get a train to Chicago and fly from there and get air + hotel for FAR cheaper than airfare alone.

I don't live in Chi-town, but I'm going to travel to London from there.

Going on a mini-European vacation before that.

Gonna see Mike on 8/24!

Eitherway, the prices on USAIR were about 1/2 of what the other airlines were charging.

If you take a look around, there are deals to be had on hotels, too.

... who else is going to see michael in August?

I don't live in Chi-town, but I'm going to travel to London from there.

Going on a mini-European vacation before that.

Gonna see Mike on 8/24!

Eitherway, the prices on USAIR were about 1/2 of what the other airlines were charging.

If you take a look around, there are deals to be had on hotels, too.

... who else is going to see michael in August?

Well I was seeing tickets for 800 round trip but 560 is still a great deal.

yeah, I'm from the Milwaukee area. I'll probably fly out of Ohare. I think I saw like $425 or something plus taxes. Kayak and those types of sites can find some good prices.

yeah, I'm from the Milwaukee area. I'll probably fly out of Ohare. I think I saw like $425 or something plus taxes. Kayak and those types of sites can find some good prices.

Oh, I wish I would have known. I have been searching for a bit and decided 560 was about as good as it would get. Oh well. Done now. Actually with taxes it would be just as much or more probably so 560 still a good deal.

I am actually from the Milwaukee area too. When are your tickets for?

Do you mean for August? Because when I booked my tickets, nothing seemed to matter. ;-)

I am going to the Jan 9 concert. I was looking at flights around there, sorry! They are probably higher in summer. I was getting $493 for a direct flight from Ohare. Not bad at all.

So it looks like a few people from the Milw and Chi area huh? Ok we better not start talking football!

I am going to the Jan 9 concert. I was looking at flights around there, sorry! They are probably higher in summer. I was getting $493 for a direct flight from Ohare. Not bad at all.

So it looks like a few people from the Milw and Chi area huh? Ok we better not start talking football!

They are more in summer but the 560 has tax included. I think you said yours were 493+tax. Still a good deal though.

for those trying to get $530 (taxes included) you have to fly out on certain days (like Mon - Thurs or Sat) and return on one of those days too.

Check priceline or USAIR directly. If you call them (or chat online), they'll lead you to those fares. And I saw them changing fares right before my eyes (i logged in one minute they were over $700 and the next $514 - $530 (taxes included).

I need to check again cuz I''m still only seeing $400 or more PLUS taxes. Ugh im so sick and tried of seeing that word right about now. Its like if the flight is cheap the taxes are skyhigh and if the taxes are cheap the flight is high. Airliner make me sick with there wicked ways, fees, terms and conditions.

I just checked PL and put in dates like August 17 - August 25 and it pulled up flights from $514/rt inclusive of taxes. Wow. Still half off other flights.

^ oh I see now. It's cuz of the date. if you put in those dates for july you are gonna be looking at $972+. Thats for chicgo. For new york its$ 791+
they are charging out the wallamazoo for flight early in july.:smilerolleyes:

You usually have to stay over at least one day of the weekend to get the best rates. That is because if you do that they figure you aren't a business traveler. The business travelers drive the demand up during the week and get charged more.

I chose Saturday/Wed. When I applied for a ticket I went for a date thast would allow me to do that.

I don't see those rates anymore folks. I think that deal is GONE.

In fact, it appears that those flights are now over 1k.

Glad I got mine...

I don't see those rates anymore folks. I think that deal is GONE.

In fact, it appears that those flights are now over 1k.

Glad I got mine...

For those who have not booked yet I still think it will come back down again as we get closer to the departure date but I do appreciate your alerting us. I am glad to have that worry out of the way.

EC how did you get that cheap air fare rate?

Ha ha. I followed vstreet's advice. He was the one who saw that US Air had some cheap flights. I booked through priceline and I think vstreet did as well but it was a limited number. I don't know for sure but I think they often sell out the last tickets on a plane that way then schedule a new plane.

Generally you have to stay over at least one day of a weekend to get good rates. Saturdays and Wednesdays have some of the cheapest rates. I actually went for a ticket on a Tuesday in part because of anticipating airfare.

You just have to keep checking. I have found that about 3 weeks out you usually get the best rate. It has always worked for me but of course it is a gamble to wait that long since you could miss the window.

It also used to be that if you used an on-line search that let you choose an airline if you used that option and cjhose a particular one instead of any you could aslso get better rates. I read that at a sight that advised about how to get good rates and it worked.

That is all I can tell you. You have to keep checking. Places like priceline and Orbitz do that for you across airlines but you have to keep checking back to them.

PL's low rates are back for those traveling from CHI.

Plus, they just introduced a new Price Drop promo which protects you in the event of prices going even lower.

Thought I would pass it along to anyone who's still shopping for air

Ha ha. I followed vstreet's advice. He was the one who saw that US Air had some cheap flights. I booked through priceline and I think vstreet did as well but it was a limited number. I don't know for sure but I think they often sell out the last tickets on a plane that way then schedule a new plane.

Generally you have to stay over at least one day of a weekend to get good rates. Saturdays and Wednesdays have some of the cheapest rates. I actually went for a ticket on a Tuesday in part because of anticipating airfare.

You just have to keep checking. I have found that about 3 weeks out you usually get the best rate. It has always worked for me but of course it is a gamble to wait that long since you could miss the window.

It also used to be that if you used an on-line search that let you choose an airline if you used that option and cjhose a particular one instead of any you could aslso get better rates. I read that at a sight that advised about how to get good rates and it worked.

That is all I can tell you. You have to keep checking. Places like priceline and Orbitz do that for you across airlines but you have to keep checking back to them.
what date are you going because everything for july is skyhigh prices?

what date are you going because everything for july is skyhigh prices?

I am going on the 11th of July. There were only cheap tickets for a short time (there were only 4 of them) and then sold out. Apparently (according to Vstreet) there was a new batch. Just keep checking every day until you find a good price.

I am going on the 11th of July. There were only cheap tickets for a short time (there were only 4 of them) and then sold out. Apparently (according to Vstreet) there was a new batch. Just keep checking every day until you find a good price.
*in my best southern country voice*: Thank ya hon, will do!:D

Cheap flights still available -- for August. I think you have to travel on certain days of the week though (as stated above).

Also, the GBP and EUR fell a bit on Friday. If they sink again, then I expect more deals will come around (esp on the hotel front). Anyway, keep looking around, you'll find a deal out there somewhere.

Back