Tickets on show night oustide the arena

Muchos

Proud Member
Right, I've got tickets for a few dates july/august. So what I wanna know, from your previous excperience at the o2 with big acts, obviously it is possible to get tickets outside the arena but what kind of prices do you reckon MJ's tickets will go for.

I have a total 500£ just for tickets, and I am willing to pay 250£ for 1 ticket on show night.
how much do you think tickets will go for. Can you get in with 250£ hanging oustide the arena?

For those of you who have done this before, tell us how it went down,

yes but everyone does have a strict policy, yet people still stand outside selling. but i don't know maybe 02 is different, anyone here know anything about this.?

Yes, the O2 are really against people selling tickets outside, and the arena's small enough that they will be able to control it. That's not to say that people won't be doing it, or at least trying to though!

There will always be touts, loads of them between the arena and the underground stop. They'll be buying and selling tickets all night and you are almost guarenteed to get one. Your best bet for a bargain is to wait until just before the show starts then try and buy one. Haggle hard cos at that point they will be trying to get rid of the last tickets and it will be a buyer's market. If you try and buy too early they will charge you a small fortune. Hope this helps.

Alternatively, just stand somewhere high and shout 'If anyone has a spare ticket I'd love to buy one without going through a tout'. If I had a spare I'd defo prefer not to sell it to a tout and so would many others.

this is part of the email the 02 sent to me.

I must add that you will not find touts on our land before a show, as they are dealt with immediately by the police and our own teams.

There will always be touts, loads of them between the arena and the underground stop. They'll be buying and selling tickets all night and you are almost guarenteed to get one. Your best bet for a bargain is to wait until just before the show starts then try and buy one. Haggle hard cos at that point they will be trying to get rid of the last tickets and it will be a buyer's market. If you try and buy too early they will charge you a small fortune. Hope this helps.

Alternatively, just stand somewhere high and shout 'If anyone has a spare ticket I'd love to buy one without going through a tout'. If I had a spare I'd defo prefer not to sell it to a tout and so would many others.

thanks for info.. i'll try the last one... lol

Yea they would be between the station and the arena, but not on the arena grounds. Just make sure you know exactly what tickets look like as there will be touts selling fakes (lowest of the low), also they sometimes do a switcharoo, where they show you a real ticket then give you a fake one...

My advice is to avoid touts outside the arena, and just wait till a week before the date you wanna go then get one off ebay (from a trusted seller) and viagogo, cos people will be desperate to get rid of them, and they will have the tickets in hand.

Although with tickets going the way they are on ebay now, theres no reason why you can't pick up a ticket for £250 now...

I have decided to just wait now untill end of June for opening night tickets, might even reappear on TM then. I brought tickets for the x factor tour at wembley a week before I went and managed to get 4 rows from the front even though they had been on sale for over 4 months!

So from personal experiance they do hold out good tickets/cancelled tickets etc right till a week before!

just be wary aswell about them being fake tickets or cancelled ones. the touts arent gonna hang around to see if you get in or not

We call those people scalpers over here, and the markups on the tickets are usually outrageous, every bit as much as the third-party sites.

Yea they would be between the station and the arena, but not on the arena grounds. Just make sure you know exactly what tickets look like as there will be touts selling fakes (lowest of the low), also they sometimes do a switcharoo, where they show you a real ticket then give you a fake one...

My advice is to avoid touts outside the arena, and just wait till a week before the date you wanna go then get one off ebay (from a trusted seller) and viagogo, cos people will be desperate to get rid of them, and they will have the tickets in hand.

Although with tickets going the way they are on ebay now, theres no reason why you can't pick up a ticket for £250 now...

Thanks for the info, helped a lot.
yes i know, but i don't have the money now, will have it in july.

From going to the o2 a few times myself, there are always touts, mainly on the underground platforms as they cannot go on the grounds of the o2.

From experience of knowing people who have bought touted tickets, if they cant shift them they will usually give quite a low price (as said before nearer to the show time rather than earlier)

but also from experience check out ebay a couple of weeks before the show as you can get some very cheap ones then from people who either cant or dont want to go and need to shift them before the concert! I once got an £80 ticket for about £20!

Back