It would be a crime not to perform, "Heartbreak Hotel"

BONGANI

Proud Member
Its one of my favorite MJ songs and I'm sure I stand in a good crowd when I say its way better when performed live! Remember what he did to this song in the Victory and later Bad Tour. "Now I can't convince this gurl there aint no otherrrr heeee-hee!" This song just gives Michael the brilliant platform for those awesome ad-libs and ofcorse dance moves.Plus It could go a long way in preventing THIS IS IT from being a mere replica of the HISTORY tour. Your thoughts?

I concur.

Funnily enough, I had actually included it in my setlist thing on MJLive :lol:

It's definetly one of my favesss :heart:

NO NO PLEAS :(
Please, this is an old song he will perform better than anything new or from the album "Invincible"

If This is it will be his final curtain call, Michael will perform songs we wanna hear and I bet that some fans who saw Michael during the Bad Tour want him to perform such songs like Heartbreak hotel! :)
So, sorry but he has to perform this song! :)

I also want him to perform new songs but some songs are so historical like Billie Jean or Wanna be startin' somethin' that he can't not perform them! And for me Heartbreak hotel is one of my favorite songs! :)

Hi, first post on here. I agree fully- heartbreak hotel is such an underrated song and is even better live!

Harry

Yes! This is one of the songs I would kill for to see and hear it live! If he does it though, I hope it will be the fast version he did on the Bad tour... not the album version!

I hate threads like this.

Its a crime if he doesnt perform Billie Jean. Thats whats a crime. Nobody would notice if he didnt perform Heartbreak Hotel but if he didnt perform Billie Jean people would DEFINATELY notice.

I understand everyone is excited, but cant we just stop with these he has to perform this and he has to perform that threads? There getting really boring.

I would love to see him perform it, but I wouldnt give a damn if he didnt. Im not to sure if he could anyway, it seems like a really hard song to sing live and the performance is full of of energy that I didnt even expect a 29 year old Michael to have, never mind 50 year old Michael.

Michael has to perform speechless, he must perform Heartbreak hotel. Most casual fans dont even know Heartbreak Hotel! At least could there be a single thread for all this stuff?

NO NO PLEAS :(
Please, this is an old song he will perform better than anything new or from the album "Invincible"

He needs to perform classics. Billie Jean, Thriller, Beat it... I think maybe You Rock My World would be a good addition though. .

Its a crime if he doesnt perform Billie Jean. Thats whats a crime. Nobody would notice if he didnt perform Heartbreak Hotel but if he didnt perform Billie Jean people would DEFINATELY notice.
Well, I for one wouldn't give a damn if he would leave Billie Jean away and do Heartbreak hotel instead... Billie Jean has been done to death the past 25 years!

Well, I for one wouldn't give a damn if he would leave Billie Jean away and do Heartbreak hotel instead... Billie Jean has been done to death the past 25 years!

How can Michael Jackson's own fans not see why it will be so special to see him do Billie Jean?

When you think of Michael Jackson, a lot of people think Billie Jean and the moonwalk, the hat, the glove. EVERYTHING. Michael Jackson and Billie Jean go hand in hand.

Michael has been through so much and now he is back. There were a lot of people that thought he would never perform again, and to see him come back and perform his signature song Billie Jean and to prove all the doubters wrong would just be so special! Heartbreak Hotel would mean nothing, and its one of my favourite songs.

There will be TONS of casual fans there, the majority of them will be waiting for Billie Jean, not Heartbreak Hotel. A lot of them have probably never even heard of it, which is a shame.

I cant actually believe there are fans of Michael here who do not understand why it would be so special to see him perform Billie Jean tour. Its the 'THIS IS IT' tour and Billie Jean is 'IT'!

This isnt just any old random Michael Jackson tour, its not as if he will be doing others after this. 'THIS IS IT' if he didnt perform Billie Jean on this tour then it would never happen again, and what a shame that would be that many of this generation would never see the magic of Billie Jean?

Well, he could also prove doubters wrong with "Heartbreak hotel" and show that he's not always rehashing "Thriller".. lol... whatever, he will do "Bilie Jean" anyway, so no need to get upset!

Yeah, there will be casual fans.. but I don't think that they are more important than the diehards and when choosing the setlist I hope Michael realizes that there are also diehards, who want to see more "obscure" songs!

What is the crime is somone like you can't see what Billie Jean is and the magic in the peformance, if there is 1 peformance that show's what is great about MJ it is BILLIE JEAN.

As for Heartbreak Hotel it would be good to see peformed, but if I am honest I am not really worried either way.

Oh, so it's a crime if "Billie Jean" is not on my wish list?? And what is that supposed to mean "someone like me"?? I have seen that song so many times so that if I could wish for songs I want Michael to do, "Billie Jean" wouldn't be on it! I'm aware that it's iconic, but still it's done to death and nothing really new gets added to it... Michael said once in an interview, I think it was TV Guide, that he would love to perform it differently, but can't, because audiences are used to a certain way! If he would perform it differently I probably would put it on my wish list again!

How can Michael Jackson's own fans not see why it will be so special to see him do Billie Jean?

When you think of Michael Jackson, a lot of people think Billie Jean and the moonwalk, the hat, the glove. EVERYTHING. Michael Jackson and Billie Jean go hand in hand.

Michael has been through so much and now he is back. There were a lot of people that thought he would never perform again, and to see him come back and perform his signature song Billie Jean and to prove all the doubters wrong would just be so special! Heartbreak Hotel would mean nothing, and its one of my favourite songs.

There will be TONS of casual fans there, the majority of them will be waiting for Billie Jean, not Heartbreak Hotel. A lot of them have probably never even heard of it, which is a shame.

I cant actually believe there are fans of Michael here who do not understand why it would be so special to see him perform Billie Jean tour. Its the 'THIS IS IT' tour and Billie Jean is 'IT'!

This isnt just any old random Michael Jackson tour, its not as if he will be doing others after this. 'THIS IS IT' if he didnt perform Billie Jean on this tour then it would never happen again, and what a shame that would be that many of this generation would never see the magic of Billie Jean?

I agree.
performing heartbreak hotel IS NOT a crime,lol!!!
I even find it annoying. And I bet his voice today wouldn't suit that kind of song..he always does it SO,so fast too and he would just be out of breath.
if not then..ok lipsyncing..still not right, haha

NO NOT THIS SONG!!!

but despite that I'l it over a live performance of working day and night any day

yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa the whooo hooo" (whoo hoo) gets me eevry single time! lol i love it!! altho i did prefer lovely one vs hh on the bad tour lol but omg he wud bring the house down

Oh, so it's a crime if "Billie Jean" is not on my wish list?? And what is that supposed to mean "someone like me"?? I have seen that song so many times so that if I could wish for songs I want Michael to do, "Billie Jean" wouldn't be on it! I'm aware that it's iconic, but still it's done to death and nothing really new gets added to it... Michael said once in an interview, I think it was TV Guide, that he would love to perform it differently, but can't, because audiences are used to a certain way! If he would perform it differently I probably would put it on my wish list again!

Yes it is a crime, if somone can say not peforming Heartbreak Hotel is a crime, you can obviously say the same about Billie Jean.....now do you see the point I was making?

some of yall are trippin u guys act as if we prefer this over billie jean or as if we request this he will leave billie jean out. we know damn well he will do billie jean. heartbreak hotel,this song is awesome and perfection live. he shud def do it. we know billie jean is apart of the mj legacy but seriously we've seen it a billion times of course i want him 2do it but damn. this thread isnt even about if he shud do it or not. so once AGAIN ITS A CRIME IF HE DOESNT DO HH lol

Last edited:
Id rather have Lovely One, Ive just discovered it from the Bad Tour, AMAZING!!!!!

Yes it is a crime, if somone can say not peforming Heartbreak Hotel is a crime, you can obviously say the same about Billie Jean.....now do you see the point I was making?
You should reread again, Terry! It wasn't me who said that it is a crime... I said, "Yes! This is one of the songs I would kill for to see and hear it live!" and then someone brought up "Billie Jean"... and I just would prefer to see "Heartbreak Hotel" over "Billie Jean" any day of the week!

And I said it before and say it again... he will do "Billie Jean", so why get upset about it all?

I hate threads like this.

I understand everyone is excited, but cant we just stop with these he has to perform this and he has to perform that threads? There getting really boring.

I would love to see him perform it, but I wouldnt give a damn if he didnt. Im not to sure if he could anyway, it seems like a really hard song to sing live and the performance is full of of energy that I didnt even expect a 29 year old Michael to have, never mind 50 year old Michael.

Michael has to perform speechless, he must perform Heartbreak hotel. Most casual fans dont even know Heartbreak Hotel! At least could there be a single thread for all this stuff?

If you dnt like the thread, kindly do an exit.Dont take everything so seriosly. Relax and have fun.

some of yall are trippin u guys act as if we prefer this over billie jean or as if we request this he will leave billie jean out. we know damn well he will do billie jean. heartbreak hotel,this song is awesome and perfection live. he shud def do it. we know billie jean is apart of the mj legacy but seriously we've seen it a billion times of course i want him 2do it but damn. this thread isnt even about if he shud do it or not. so once AGAIN ITS A CRIME IF HE DOESNT DO HH lol

Thank you Shaun, my absence from this place made me forget how fussy our fellow MJ fans can be.

Last edited:
It will be a crime if Heartbreak Hotel is not performed. This is the type of song that matters to me. The instrumentation, vocals and dancing are just fantastic. Perfect for live performance.

If you dnt like the thread, kindly do an exit.Dont take everything so seriosly. Relax and have fun.

I dont agree with what the thread is saying. It is nowhere near a crime if Michael doesnt perform it. Its just such a random song to say that its a crime if he doesnt perform it. I could maybe understand with songs like Dirty Diana, but Heartbreak Hotel. For one thing its a Jacksons song (I know Michael did actually write it).

What would be a crime is Heartbreak Hotel being on the set list where as a Michael Jackson hit song would potentially be left of.

Heartbreak Hotel being on the set list could mean the likes of, Dirty Diana, Main In The Mirror, You Are Not Alone, Heal The World, Blood on the dance floor, you rock my world etc would be left of.

I have said this so many times since he announced the tour, but these shows arent just for us. They are for all people who like Michael Jacksons music and would like to see him live. I agree we should be more important, but not if it means we would ruin the set list and stuff it full of songs that nobody knows apart from us.

Lets say we are talking about what songs we want to see him do that he hasnt done before, or not as regularly. There are TONS of songs that should be considered before Heartbreak Hotel. Unbreakable, Break Of Dawn, Heaven Can Wait, Whatever Happens, One More Chance, Who is it, Remember The Time and not to mention new songs he might decide to do. But that doesnt mean we should make a thread for each song we want to see performed either.

Last edited:
You know why it wasnt performed on the 2nd leg of the Bad Tour? Mainly because Michael by this time had way too many hits to be performed which would leave no room for Heartbreak Hotel.

Heartbreak Hotel being on the set list could mean the likes of, Dirty Diana, Main In The Mirror, You Are Not Alone, Heal The World, Blood on the dance floor, you rock my world etc would be left of.

Heartbreak Hotel was performed on the second leg of the bad tour.

and i wouldn't mind if Heartbreak Hotel replaced songs like You Are Not Alone and Heal The World.

But that doesnt mean we should make a thread for each song we want to see performed either.

I agree, add your wants and such to the current threads, no need to make a new thread for each song someone wants to hear... try one of these threads...

http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=60849

http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=60772

http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=61307

http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=61253

http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=60847

and so on....

Back