Which Date will be his best?

sugarbunny891

Proud Member
I have been trying damn hard to get tickets to the opening night 8th July to see Michael, but will this ultimatly be his best show?
After reading that article about what Linoel Richie was saying yesterday about "giving him 8 nights etc.... then he will be confidant again"
I am wondering if it will be better seeing him another night and saving the pennies for special seat in say August etc??????

Any opinons on thiS?

I am going to the opening night, i think he usually trys a few more things on the opening night and the few after that, that he may not neccessarily do again. For instance maybe a couple of songs are dropped after so many dates similiar to the Dangerous and HIStory tour, however he then may add a different song or a new song it is very hard to judge. All i do know is that MJ will be fresh and adrenalin fuelled on that first night

I am going to the opening night, i think he usually trys a few more things on the opening night and the few after that, that he may not neccessarily do again. For instance maybe a couple of songs are dropped after so many dates similiar to the Dangerous and HIStory tour, however he then may add a different song or a new song it is very hard to judge. All i do know is that MJ will be fresh and adrenalin fuelled on that first night

This is exactly what I first thought, which is why i wanted to pay out for ticket, but the more I hear his "friends" talk the less I think I want to go......Will he be nervous? Will he perform the best ? I just dont know

I fought to get opening night tickets for the opening night not cos i thought he would be necessarily be at his best, but because I want it to all be a suprise, and not have it spoilt by the media, I do however think it might take him a few shows to get comfortable and in his stride like most performers which is why im going again in august.

I think he will give all he has on the opening night!

I think that will be a VERY special night!

Every opening show of a concert tour/residency is something special!
Which one will be his best show is, however, a difficult question and probably also depends on what you consider as "best".
I always loved the shows when he did something out of the ordinary, like the bug scene in Leipzig or when he almost slips at Smooth Criminal, chasing the broom in Luxembourg, curtain doesnt want to go up, etc.

But if you rather want the perfect show (if there is something like that at all), then the first one will probably not be it as everything will be done for the first time.

Every opening show of a concert tour/residency is something special!
Which one will be his best show is, however, a difficult question and probably also depends on what you consider as "best".
I always loved the shows when he did something out of the ordinary, like the bug scene in Leipzig or when he almost slips at Smooth Criminal, chasing the broom in Luxembourg, curtain doesnt want to go up, etc.

But if you rather want the perfect show (if there is something like that at all), then the first one will probably not be it as everything will be done for the first time.

You don't think he will rehearse? :lol:

I know what you mean, but I think he has rehearsed alot, so it will be nice, even the first night!

I'm sure that he will give a great show despite of the pressure or his nerves. I have total faith in him!

Michael will be amazing!! :D :wub:

You don't think he will rehearse? :lol:

I know what you mean, but I think he has rehearsed alot, so it will be nice, even the first night!

Lol...yes, I guess he will have rehearsed once or twice before ;)

Nah, but you know what I mean...a lot of things can go wrong or unplanned at the first show, which makes it very special. And of course it will be nice...no doubt about it! I don't have a ticket to the opening show though :(

Definately NOT the opening night, they have always been a big disaster in his tours, he is never happy until a few shows in and then...........he is never happy, I want to think it will be late July to early August where he really gets into it

That's what I've been wondering too..

Opening night will be a very special show and I'm sure it will be amazing.. I mean.. it's the very first show out of 50 concerts in a long time. :D He will have rehearsed a lot. I agree that it will probably take him a couple concerts to really get into it though. xD

has to be opening night, first time back on stage, the crowd will be electric, he will no doubt be feeling that, Opening night is going to be something very special!

has to be opening night, first time back on stage, the crowd will be electric, he will no doubt be feeling that, Opening night is going to be something very special!

Thats why i want the 8th as i think the atmospher will be unreal, ok KATZ i am still on my mission lol!!

Definately NOT the opening night, they have always been a big disaster in his tours, he is never happy until a few shows in and then...........he is never happy, I want to think it will be late July to early August where he really gets into it
Disaster?? Which shows have you seen?? I've seen the opening nights on the Dangerous and HIStory (both legs in '96 and '97) Tours and they were far from being a disaster! The opening night is certainly going to be a special show, but I too think it will take some shows for him to really get into it... I mean, he hasn't performed full concerts to big audiences in years!

I don't go until September, so I don't think I'll be visiting the boards after the first show, lol...I want to be surprised.

Im really looking forward to opening night and im hoping the 28th Aug will be a good night aswell, im hoping they have something special planned as it's the show just before his birthday. All of his shows will be amazing no matter what really :)

Opening night. All the anticipation and hype will only heighten the atmosphere.

I chose the 2nd night (10th) so they had time to put right anything that went wrong on opening night lol!! That, and it's a Friday so, practically, it makes life easier when you've got kids to sort out!

Hopefully, the 22nd July when I go. I'm hoping all the shows will be the best ever. Michael wouldn't want to disappoint his fans on any night I'm sure.

Back