What? Chairs?

Irlin

Proud Member
Maybe someone have posted about this before but there is one thing I just can’t understand… o_O

The tickets says that we got a place on this & this row and this & this seat. In other words; we are going to sit on some kind of chairs. But how in the name of the Lord can that be possible!?

I mean- we are talking about thousands of Michael Jackson fans!!…”Michael Jackson fans!”… which not are the most “calm” fans!

I guess no one of us will be able to be sitting at that concert! And I think it might be a good thing to have our own seats - the person behind you stay behind you and you can sit down if you get tired without having a lot of fans walking all over you….

But once again; we are talking about Michael Jackson fans! Let’s face it guys; we ARE crazy! I would not be surprised if the fans at the row behind wants to get closer the stage and decide to make a huge chaos to get as close to the stage as possible!

So the question is; Do you think it will be a huge mess out of this? Or will the fans be able to behave mature at the concert?.. and stay at their seats?

I was looking at the stage plan again, and came to the conclusion that it will be a seated concert for exactly the reasons you stated in your post - we are crazy, and we will do anything to get to Michael. The seats will be in place presumably to keep some order, although i'm not sure how effective they'll be!

VERY tight security!!

let me finish that one..
Yeah! VERY tight security!!
;) :p
no but; I really hope that the fans can try to behave this time! It is really hard to be calm when you suddenly watch the king of pop (believe me; I know!). As long as we got some space to tap, applaud, sing and dance with him (not possible to just be standing there without moving to his rythms)- I think I'll be fine.

i think there will be chairs but everyone will be standing. it will be a very highly policed thing with people rushing forward or whatever.

The 02 is set up so that security will line the edge of the stage, in a single aisle before the 'standing' area (the a-blocks) - i reckon they'll put extra security there and then also dotted at the end of aisles.

The MSG shows in NY were also seated, but everyone was standing once Michael performed. I think it will be the same...

^^they sure do.
It was like this last year when I watched the spice girls at the o2 arena. Yeah we had seats but no-one sat down. And there were sequrities EVERYWHERE on the sides..all over. some people infront of me tried to sneak even closer ..and suddenly they were gone,lol. sequrity got them.
I would suggest everyone to stay at their spot. In the end, why risk not watching MJ at all cause u get thrown out??
not worth it.

edit:
btw I danced like crazy during the whole show!! lol. there's room to move :D and groove!

Who knows? All I know is that I'm going to stand no matter what because people in front of me will be standing.

:laugh: imagen the whole arena, 20 000 people SITTING just jumping up and down in their seats all the fricken time really fast.
now THAT would be even more annoying then standing up and people around you dancing hahaha

and it would look really hillarious and stupid for the (possible) dvd

i have doubts that people on upper tier will be able to dance and jump all time... i've read many comments of those who had been on level 4. they all say that seat are very steep! so they were scared even to stand up. is it true, who knows?

the seats up the top are very steep but you can stand up...maybe not jump around tho unless you like feeling you may fall :p haha!

basically at the o2 im guessing it will be the usual....not allowed to stand on the seats or be held up on peoples shoulders etc and security will tell you off for this. no standing in the aisles for safety hazards and if you do try to run forwards you will be sent back.

to save grief for yourselves and everyone around you it's probably best to just stay where your seat is and have a good dance there!

I have never ever been sitting on a concert before!! I reckon this will be a new experience for me LOL

I was disappointed that there were no standing areas at all. I still think it would be better if the whole floor were standing areas, with barriers here and there to prevent people from getting "smashed together". It's more fun standing up!

We'll see after the concert. Maybe I change my mind=)

It will be interesting. In my experience, MJ fans find it impossible to have any maturity when Michael is around.

I can't understand why so many people are angry about sitting, it's stupid! With some of the attitudes here you would swear there are no bigger problems!

They are hardly going to rip thousands of seats out of the arena just because MJ fans want to stand up. Everyone has been assigned a seat, you either use it, or stand up in front of the seat - it will take you all of 1 second to stand up or sit down! I know I'll be standing for all songs, but I also know I am going to sit on the seat between songs, and before the concert starts! I have Cystic Fibrosis and it causes major stamina problems for me, I won't be able to stand for 2-3 hours without a break, I don't know what I would do without a seat!

So look, just stand up or sit down its your choice - you have been given a seat it's up to you to use it or not use it! Lets not waste the bandwidth on the mjjc servers or the database space for the forum with people complaining they have been given a seat with their ticket they do not even have to use!

One last thing; if the O2 staff feel they have to give everyone a seat just so we don't get too near Michael, then that's not really their fault is it? We are the ones who give ourselves the mad reputation based on the extreme behaviour some fans exhibit. Some people just can't keep their distance or well define boundaries. There is a line between what is reasonable conduct at a concert and what is not - if some fans choose to overlook it then they have nobody to blame but themselves. Come on, give MJ his space! He deserves our respect after all the great music and the many hours of pleasure we have all had listening to it!

So come on let's not have any more "It sucks I have a seat - I want to stand". Just stand up! Don't use the seat! Think of those who will use the seat as well!

Although i think slightly harsh, I do agree! I suffer from Hypermobility Syndrome and chronic fatigue, and the thought of having to que for hours to get close to the front then stand the whole concert scared the hell out of me! Don't get me wrong, I would have done it, but I wouldn't have been able to get out of bed for a few weeks after!

This way if you wanna get closer to the front, you have to pay the dosh to get it. I know its no fair, meaning less dedicated fans who are loaded can get front row, but thats life. People with money get what they want lol

Saying all this, I do feel sorry for the people in the top teirs, as I've read loads of reviews saying they are so steep you can't or won't want to stand. I can't imaging not being able to stand and boogie!

the reason why there is seats and no standing area is to make money and nothing else. the VIP area on the floor would not excist otherwise. its is the promoter who decides if a concert is seating or standing. to blame mj fans for a concert being all seater is ridiculous if u want to sit down there are seats around the sides.

I know seating isnt everyones ideal preference (including mine) but as someone who works in an entertainment venue myself (although a lot smaller than the o2) it is very impotant that you stay either sitting down or stand in front of your seat. Anyone who tries to stand in the isle's or move forward will simply be kicked out, as doing so could put the complex's entertainment licence at risk and also causes fire saftey concerns. We explain this to people where i work but in a venue the size of the o2 and for an event of this size they will simply eject you without warning.

...........Yes Chairs it will be,take it or leave it thats how I would/will work on those situations:yes::D:yes:

I'm happy I don't have to stand in line for hours or sleep in front of a stadium (like i did during the HIStory Tour) to be in the front.
Now I'm older and quite happy with arriving only an hour or so before the how starts ;)
Just relax about the chairs people and be happy Michael is giving us 50 (!!) shows!!

I know seating isnt everyones ideal preference (including mine) but as someone who works in an entertainment venue myself (although a lot smaller than the o2) it is very impotant that you stay either sitting down or stand in front of your seat. Anyone who tries to stand in the isle's or move forward will simply be kicked out, as doing so could put the complex's entertainment licence at risk and also causes fire saftey concerns. We explain this to people where i work but in a venue the size of the o2 and for an event of this size they will simply eject you without warning.

I might hope you are allowed to step out to buy a drink or something? :scratch:

For me it's perfectly alright with seats. However, though there are seats anybody can stand up if they want, that's fine!

Yes, the security will be very tight and if anybody will mess around he will be out I am pretty sure.

So people who tent to misbehave should think twice if they wanna take the risk to miss the show.

Back