I am 300% sure many more tickets are availible

zeogo

Proud Member
The evidence adds up so perfectly,

When Britney Spears first put 8 dates at the o2 on sale, they sold out almost instantly and the concert was deemed to be sold out, tickets sold for more than face value on ebay and viagogo. The concert was organised by AEG live, the same company responsible for MJs dates. Now around a week ago, more tickets were suddenly, without any warning, released for sale, very good seats were available at all price levels. These tickets are now sold out.

Now, for just these 8 dates, 961 listings for britney spears tickets are currently listed on ebay, many of them selling for less than face value. For Michael Jacksons 50 dates, 706 listings are currently on Ebay.

The question is, how is it possible that fewer tickets are available, when MJ has 6 times the dates? I know a lot of seats have been given to viagogo, but at their outrageous prices, I don't believe they ar selling so many! Also, surely even more tickets to MJ would be resold as he is such a target for touts!!

I wouldn't find it hard to believe that they were holding back some tickets.

A reason to why Britney's concerts have more tickets on sale than MJ could be due to the nearness of the concerts. I reckon many people will be selling tickets alot closer to the dates, which should generate more money for sellers.

I wouldn't find it hard to believe that they were holding back some tickets.

A reason to why Britney's concerts have more tickets on sale than MJ could be due to the nearness of the concerts. I reckon many people will be selling tickets alot closer to the dates, which should generate more money for sellers.

Well you would think so, but in fact most sellers now seem to be having difficulty selling their tickets, offering buy it now's of less than face value for tier 1 and even standing tickets!

And, yes viagogo does have about 200 tickets per night, but considering the arena holds 25,000 thats really a small percentage.

here's the thing. There's NO way michael or AEG would want any of their 50 shows to have empty spaces/seats. Offcially all 50 shows are sold out, meaning that there's not 1 single ticket left to buy from the promoters.

It would be a huuuge embaressment for both MJ and AEG to have empty spots in the arena. Imagine whole sections with empty seats, because of people not buying on viagogo due the high prices (not A's of course, those will go anyway)

Imo, viagogo will continoue to sell tickets right up to the week before the first shows start and continue to do so, when a date is approaching , tickets will be back on Ticketmaster out of fear for empty seats.

they're just milking us for now

Well you would think so, but in fact most sellers now seem to be having difficulty selling their tickets, offering buy it now's of less than face value for tier 1 and even standing tickets!

And, yes viagogo does have about 200 tickets per night, but considering the arena holds 25,000 thats really a small percentage.

Same thing will happen with MJ's tickets, maybe not cheaper than face value but very close. Hopefully

here's the thing. There's NO way michael or AEG would want any of their 50 shows to have empty spaces/seats. Offcially all 50 shows are sold out, meaning that there's not 1 single ticket left to buy from the promoters.

It would be a huuuge embaressment for both MJ and AEG to have empty spots in the arena. Imagine whole sections with empty seats, because of people not buying on viagogo due the high prices (not A's of course, those will go anyway)

Imo, viagogo will continoue to sell tickets right up to the week before the first shows start and continue to do so, when a date is approaching , tickets will be back on Ticketmaster out of fear for empty seats.

I wouldnt be surprised! I want to do Ebay since Viagogo is so expensive but im worried about getting ripped off!! :(

I absolutely agree

The reason why some tickets are so cheap is because some people have left it till too late, a week or so before the concert ... silly.

17,000 is the actual number.

I'm sure there are tickets left, just don't know how many.

It happens with all shows! They hold back tickets for a later date. It's a regular thing to happen.

It'll no doubt happen at a later date.

yeah nearly every show holds back tickets. they usually call them "production seats" meaning they were tickets held back for people who know the artist or know people who know people...but if they tickets dont get used theyre released a few weeks before the shows!

yeah nearly every show holds back tickets. they usually call them "production seats" meaning they were tickets held back for people who know the artist or know people who know people...but if they tickets dont get used theyre released a few weeks before the shows!

Aw cool! :D

I think I have the answer why britney has more on sale than MJ: noone wants to see here and everyone wants to see MJ so al the people with her tickets are selling them so they can buy MJ tickets lol

just called ticketmaster and was told that there are tickets available for every show because of cancellations etc.

But they couldnt say when they will be on sale or anything.

I think I have the answer why britney has more on sale than MJ: noone wants to see here and everyone wants to see MJ so al the people with her tickets are selling them so they can buy MJ tickets lol

lol...

The reason why some tickets are so cheap is because some people have left it till too late, a week or so before the concert ... silly.

17,000 is the actual number.

I'm sure there are tickets left, just don't know how many.

Check this website it states how many tickets that are available. I get really pissed off when l see this. Fans that are dying to see mj don't have tickets while others are ripping the fans off:doh:
http://www.seatwave.com/michael-jac...0070?sw_source_email=pricetracker&clnPst=true

Normally, seats not sold originally are known as "Production Seats". These may be seats that the band were planning on using for friends or family, for example, but do not use in the end. Therefore, they get put back on sale to the public.

They may also be seats that have become avaliable due to the staging of the show changing. For example, if an artist put tickets on sale but then decided they were going to not have a backdrop, they would put the seats behind the stage on sale.

There are various reasons that vary but all shows have seats held back. It's a common thing to do. Sometimes they announce and publicise when they are released and sometimes they don't.

just called ticketmaster and was told that there are tickets available for every show because of cancellations etc.

That sounds great to me. Thanks.

How can there be tickets available for every show?? I mean, you can't cancel your tickets, unless it's for the first 4 shows... so how can there be cancellations for every show??

How can there be tickets available for every show?? I mean, you can't cancel your tickets, unless it's for the first 4 shows... so how can there be cancellations for every show??
It's possible that certain tickets have been cancelled due to fans trying to purchase more than 4 using 1 credit card/billing address, hence the cancellations.

I had a feeling that very soon more tickets will be available.....

^^Yeah, but haven't they been put back on sale weeks ago already?? Or you think they are still holding some of those back?

^^Yeah, but haven't they been put back on sale weeks ago already?? Or you think they are still holding some of those back?

I believe the tickets we saw come on sale the 2 weeks following the general sale were tickets that had gone on for resale to to credit / debit card issues (not enough funds / wrong details) not due to overbooking. Since Ticketmaster has started to cancel tickets and since the reschedual there has not been any go back up for resale (only on seetickets not on ticketmaster). So they must have quite a few held back! And it would make sense for them to go up in the next 2 weeks before they start dispatching them! I bet AEG made ticketmaster hold them back so they could sell more tickets via Viagogo first....

Back