Rap spots in MJ tracks

Favourite(s)? you can vote for more than one

• Total voters

arXter

Proud Member
there aren't many impressive ones, and i know a lot of fans feel that the guest raps may have 'ruined' some songs. but a handful of decent to brill rhymes are still there, and wondering if you have favourite(s).

i've also included remixes since a couple of them outshine some album cuts. and just incase you haven't heard them, here they are:

107pd12.jpg

You Rock My World
(Trackmasters Remix ft. Jay-Z)

2qd5sg0.jpg

Butterflies
(Trackmasters Remix ft. Eve)

34xm2pu.png

Scream
(Naughty Mix ft. Treach)

28v3jo9.png

They Don't Care About Us
(Charles' Remix ft. Ill Al Scratch)

here's LL Cool J on the Teddy Riley-produced Serious Effect (taken from the unreleased Dangerous SE acetate):

14aeww4.jpg

Serious Effect
(ft. LL Cool J)

I thought Bill Bottrell did the rap ;>
Same WTF @ "V Pippy", lol. :D

Anyway my favourite is Biggie from "This Time Around" - mostly because he's on some gangsta shit and because he made a statement with the last line in the rap.

EDIT: LOL @ me not seeing the connection between Vincent Price and P Diddy *sigh* :D
I'm in hibernation today :D

Last edited:
Cam mate you went for 3/4 of my choices.

i voted:

Eve - the best rap feature on an MJ song imo, everything flowed so well together and she's a massively underrated mc.

This Time Around, mostly for reasons stated above by Batm.. i mean Mr. Wayne.

She Drives Me Wild - Wreckx-n-fx's Aqil really flowed nicely on that funky bridge and the bassline went so well together.

Heavy D - jackin’ his baby sis, Mike hit all the right notes with Da Heavster here.

and LL Cool J - because the ladies love Cool.

EDIT: LOL @ me not seeing the connection between Vincent Price and P Diddy *sigh* :D
I'm in hibernation today :D

.....there we are! wasn't hard was it... LOL.

I can't lie, the raps on Jam & She Drives Me Wild are on point.
If a rap itself can sound like NJS, then they both made a home run.

Great minds think alike hey arX?

Heavy D's rap is badly edited together if you hear the acapella of Jam.

i voted for a lot but shaq, biggie and heavy d were the best.

Gotta be Biggy on 'This Time Around' followed by John Forte '2 Bad' then Heavy D 'Jam'

Although Jay-Z is my favourite from all of above, lol

Is Biggy's rap from Unbreakable actually sampled from one of his songs? Where as TTA was an original rap?

Shaquille O'Neal - You Can't Stop The Reign (1996)

Is Biggy's rap from Unbreakable actually sampled from one of his songs? Where as TTA was an original rap?
yep, it was ironically from another guest spot for none other than Shaquille O'Neal back in '96.

ztgdab.jpg

Still Can't Stop
The Reign

Went with Biggie's spot on "This Time Around", and I see I'm not alone.

Went with Biggie's spot on "This Time Around", and I see I'm not alone.

To me this joint is one of the rare occasions where using the n-word actually have an uplifting meaning behind it.
I don't know if everyone feels that way, but to me it was more of an statement from Biggies side. You instantly recognize the use of the n-word and the meaning behind it - it wasn't drowned down and meaninglessly overused like in almost every rap song.
It was more a statement about he's still cool with Michael and the skin color has nothing to do with who Michael is underneath.

Eve and Butterflies are not getting the deserved love
f_sadface.gif

Eve > Jay-Z

I didn't care much for the Butterflies remix, and the YRMW mix was an acquired taste.

the Butterflies Eve mix was absolutely huge when it came out in London. i don't think i ever heard the original played (which is a shame because the album version is far superior).

I didn't care much for the Butterflies remix, and the YRMW mix was an acquired taste.
Touche!

yep, it was ironically from another guest spot for none other than Shaquille O'Neal back in '96.

Ahh thats it. Another excellent post arX.

To me this joint is one of the rare occasions where using the n-word actually have an uplifting meaning behind it.

The only time someone can call Mike a nigga and it be ok.

I dont think the word nigga was even censored was it on the TTA mixes but Mikes swear words were?

MJ & Run DMC - Crack Kills (1986)

thanks to Chris Cadman (For The Record author and owner of MJ Archives), here's some retrospective material on what could have been a smashing collabo between two legends of two different worlds:

15g4ket.jpg

MJ's handwritten lyrics to Crack Kills:

i3v1uh.jpg
28wi740.jpg

Last edited:
And yet they had no problem recording a wrestling theme song for a former "blueblood", a former country-western singer and man who called himself "Mr. Ass".

To be fair, the song was pretty good though (DX's "The Kings")

Would loved to have heard that collab though.

0044_2_lg-1.jpg

crack1-1.jpg

I believe there is a Greatest Hits CD that has Crack Kills Demo on it without Michael. I cant find it atm.

Back