Wikipedia trying to delete MJ's legacy?

This is always happening.They always try to make the trial look anti MJ.Its not the first time.

The page is redundant; like the Wiki administrators wrote, it's just a list of artists who name-dropped Michael Jackson. It's an encyclopedia and is supposed to be written in prose. The author needs to say HOW Mr. Jackson influenced popular culture and support it w/ quotes -- not just cut and paste celebrity quotes and have that be the basis (imagine submitting a paper to a professor that's one paragraph and then four pages of quotes, lol). The administrators offered suggestions on how to keep and expand on the page.

Anyone could become a Wiki member and update pages. If anyone has a problem w/ the list/page getting deleted, I would recommend becoming a member and expanding on the article as per guidelines so that it is suitable. . . . If some fans put the same zest into it instead of the dismissive, hateful rhetoric against other top-selling artists or Ad hominem arguments that I've sometimes read from fans, the page would look incredible. . . . I read the page in question and it looks like a page that a lazy eighth grader would create: ''Michael's dancing and music influenced a lot of people [proceed to cut and paste list of quotes]; the end."

Wiki isn't asking for much:

Keep but restructure. This shouldn't be a list, rather part of a prose article on Jackson's influence on popular culture. Also agree, drop the sarcasm folks, it's not need. — R2 19:51, 16 June 2009 (UTC)

Agreed. If you moved it to an article on Influence of Michael Jackson in popular culture and removed the list but maybe mention a few in a written article on his influence and write about his influence on popular culture in a well referenced written article then I would support it. As it is the article is redundant. Please assume good faith people all round. Dr. Blofeld White cat 19:58, 16 June 2009 (UTC)

Such an article could not only explore his musical influence but also his style/dancing influence etc. Actually you could explore his influence by genre in nice chunky written paragraphs e.g Influence on hip hop, dancing etc. Dr. Blofeld White cat 20:06, 16 June 2009 (UTC)

good point Joey !!

instead of being all up in arms, join Wiki and contribute to the article. Or create another one with some substance. Between all of us, there is no reason this cannot be accomplished.

The page is redundant; like the Wiki administrators wrote, it's just a list of artists who name-dropped Michael Jackson. It's an encyclopedia and is supposed to be written in prose. The author needs to say HOW Mr. Jackson influenced popular culture and support it w/ quotes -- not just cut and paste celebrity quotes and have that be the basis (imagine submitting a paper to a professor that's one paragraph and then four pages of quotes, lol). The administrators offered suggestions on how to keep and expand on the page.

Anyone could become a Wiki member and update pages. If anyone has a problem w/ the list/page getting deleted, I would recommend becoming a member and expanding on the article as per guidelines so that it is suitable. . . . If some fans put the same zest into it instead of the dismissive, hateful rhetoric against other top-selling artists or Ad hominem arguments that I've sometimes read from fans, the page would look incredible. . . . I read the page in question and it looks like a page that a lazy eighth grader would create: ''Michael's dancing and music influenced a lot of people [proceed to cut and paste list of quotes]; the end."

Wiki isn't asking for much:

Keep but restructure. This shouldn't be a list, rather part of a prose article on Jackson's influence on popular culture. Also agree, drop the sarcasm folks, it's not need. — R2 19:51, 16 June 2009 (UTC)

Agreed. If you moved it to an article on Influence of Michael Jackson in popular culture and removed the list but maybe mention a few in a written article on his influence and write about his influence on popular culture in a well referenced written article then I would support it. As it is the article is redundant. Please assume good faith people all round. Dr. Blofeld White cat 19:58, 16 June 2009 (UTC)

Such an article could not only explore his musical influence but also his style/dancing influence etc. Actually you could explore his influence by genre in nice chunky written paragraphs e.g Influence on hip hop, dancing etc. Dr. Blofeld White cat 20:06, 16 June 2009 (UTC)

i really don't see how it's redundant. how do u write an article in prose, when the article writer also has an opinion?

it's easy to say an artist is popular, but when you have people who are influenced, say it, that confirms it.

the whole point of wiki is to be like an encyclopedia. ur not supposed to have an opinion. it's supposed to be fact based.

Im a wikipedia user and im very happy with the way his articles have gone. Yes theres some controversy, but that article "list of people MJ have influenced", isnt really neccesary.

Back