What did Michael teach you?

ThankyouMichael

Proud Member
Ever since I became a fan in 2001 at 15 years old, it's incredible how much Michael had opened my world. It was because of him that I (here in Australia) learned about Martin Luther King, lynching, Rosa Parks and segregation in America. It was because of Mike that I know about Fred Astaire & Ginger Rogers, Gene Kelly, Motown, etc. It's like a web of interest and knowledge that just keeps growing...thanks to this man.
But besides this, he has shaped my character. It's because of him that I place SO much importance on individuality, original-thinking and standing up for what you believe in no matter what others say. That's the truth. Those things have become my very core beliefs and values and I thank him for having that influence on me. I'm afraid to think how different a person I might be if I hadn't flicked to his MSG concert that night in September 2001.
And his strength. I will always remember him for that. He suffered HELL and I still cannot believe he came through those nightmares, still able to smile to the world and to keep creating. I'm still stunned. That's something I would never be able to do.
Although I'm not as forgiving as he is, and NOWHERE as strong, he has given me a wonderful role model to look up to, which is crucial to the development of every person's character.

When I heard the news today, I honestly did not think 'King of Pop'. It never came across my mind.
He was just good ol' Michael, the childish little boy, the funny teen in the Jacksons Variety Shows, the gentle guy who never gave up belief that the world was WORTH his help. There were times when I thought, "Just keep away from it all and live for yourself, Michael. Don't bother trying to help this f****ed up world."
As I get older, I'm sure I'll get wiser and understand the Whys and Hows of the way he was.
Well, he has shaped ME in a big way. That's the main thing I wanted to say.

Believe half of what you see and none of what you hear.

That's a major thing. Definitely.
Through being his fan, I've learnt so much about people's characters, how fickle they can be, how low they can sink, how ignorant people will probably always be too ignorant to reason with - even today.

Wow. SO lucky.
How did you know him then?
I tried to get to meet him many times but they just kept stopping me from reaching him.
I wuod have loved to have got to know him and learned all of those things.
Please share some of your experiences, Im sooo jealous.
I tried to connect to him by writing poetry about him and it works. But its not the same as you.

Ever since I became a fan in 2001 at 15 years old, it's incredible how much Michael had opened my world. It was because of him that I (here in Australia) learned about Martin Luther King, lynching, Rosa Parks and segregation in America. It was because of Mike that I know about Fred Astaire & Ginger Rogers, Gene Kelly, Motown, etc. It's like a web of interest and knowledge that just keeps growing...thanks to this man.
But besides this, he has shaped my character. It's because of him that I place SO much importance on individuality, original-thinking and standing up for what you believe in no matter what others say. That's the truth. Those things have become my very core beliefs and values and I thank him for having that influence on me. I'm afraid to think how different a person I might be if I hadn't flicked to his MSG concert that night in September 2001.
And his strength. I will always remember him for that. He suffered HELL and I still cannot believe he came through those nightmares, still able to smile to the world and to keep creating. I'm still stunned. That's something I would never be able to do.
Although I'm not as forgiving as he is, and NOWHERE as strong, he has given me a wonderful role model to look up to, which is crucial to the development of every person's character.

When I heard the news today, I honestly did not think 'King of Pop'. It never came across my mind.
He was just good ol' Michael, the childish little boy, the funny teen in the Jacksons Variety Shows, the gentle guy who never gave up belief that the world was WORTH his help. There were times when I thought, "Just keep away from it all and live for yourself, Michael. Don't bother trying to help this f****ed up world."
As I get older, I'm sure I'll get wiser and understand the Whys and Hows of the way he was.
Well, he has shaped ME in a big way. That's the main thing I wanted to say.
your post is amazing, and I relate completely. I learned sooo much from Michael as well.

In addition to what you mentioned I learned that a beautiful and gentle soul is SO rare, and it's ok to posess those qualities. I always wondered why people found Michael Jackson to be so weird, but never took the time to find out about the MJ we 'know'. It's as if everyone else are the crazy ones in terms of the way they saw Michael's beliefs and personality to be weird, and MJ the normal one.

He taught me to persevere and even when you make mistakes, you can keep going. He taught me to be giving and concerned. He opened up my eyes to the wonderful world of Show Business! He's shown me how amazing a person can be, by sticking to simple beliefs all the while being very complex.

Michael Jackson has shown me so much and I will forever thank him

Last edited:
filing cabinet, I never met him, unfortunately. When I say "I flicked", I meant I accidentally came across his concert on TV.
Honestly, I didn't expect to ever see him in real life, but that was OK with me. I've always only known him from afar anyway...but nevertheless, there's always that little bit of hope. Well, it's nothing now.

your post is amazing, and I relate completely. I learned sooo much from Michael as well.

In addition to what you mentioned I learned that a beautiful and gentle soul is SO rare, and it's ok to posess those qualities. I always wondered why people found Michael Jackson to be so weird, but never took the time to find out about the MJ we 'know'. It's as if everyone else are the crazy ones in terms of the way they saw Michael's beliefs and personality to be weird, and MJ the normal one.

He taught me to persevere and even when you make mistakes, you can keep going. He taught me to be giving and concerned. He opened up my eyes to the wonderful world of Show Business! He's shown me how amazing a person can be, by sticking to simple beliefs all the while being very complex.

Michael Jackson has shown me so much and I will forever thank him

I totally agree with everything. *big hugs*
And the bolded sentence just means so so much.
He is rare.
At the core of the insane and unnecessarily complex circus surrounding his life are just his very very simple beliefs. And he stuck to them regardless. Many, including myself, have gotten frustrated with him for inviting so much negativity and hatred towards himself again and again. I wanted to yell at him that some people will NOT understand, no matter how hard you try.
He was too good for this world. I'm not one for corny words and I never dress anything up when I type or speak, but this is just how I really feel.

michael teach me alot about love and caring and support :yes:

and his music heals me alot when i'm sad and sick and not well

and his music and his amazing heart touch me alot and his music got me into writting songs :yes:

When I became a fan (again) in 2001, Michael taught me how to be happy again. At that time I was really depressed all the time but I saw Michael always delighting in lighthearted, childlike things, and I started doing the same thing. Michael always smiled. it was like he put life and love back into my heart.

He gave me things to believe in: peace, love, the environment, ending prejudice, purity.

He also brought me close to God again.

he taught me right from wrong, to respect myself, that your self respect and self esteem is not dependent on what you have or what you don't have but only on what you allow yourself to think about you, and if others dont like me then they can keep on stepping, he taught me what love really is and what it really isnt. he taught me so much about God, and who is really is. he taught me no one has binds on me. he taught me about everything that really matters, and he taught me everything else really doesn't. i owe him everything, but he'd never try to collect that. he taught me to give freely and generously of myself. rewards are in Heaven not here.

he taught me how people will always say things about you, try and bring you down no matter how hard you plead...
but as he says, you just gutta...
keep on with the force, dont stop
dont stop until you get enough

He taught me celebrity comes with a price, but with hard work and dedication, anything is possible.

to strive to be a better person and always put others before yourself, and no doubt I hope I can learn something about the strength he has, eternal life grant unto him o lord may he rest in peace, amen, we love you Michael! :(

Thanks for sharing all your feelings, guys. Personally, it really helps to know that through so many like us, Michael's life hasn't gone to waste at all.

Try to enjoy your life the best u can, cuz you'll never now when it'l end. I heard one time from George Wallace that your birth date has an starting date, but you never have an ending date, I think it was from the steve harvey morning show, and it was about Bernie Mac. But that sounds so true. I mean it may not sink that deep yet for me, but I'll appreciate it later.

Over the 26 years of my loving and learning from Michael, I learned to give love unconditionally, to persevere and to work for what I want in this life, that the media is a fraud and that nobody can define you.

Thank you, ThankYouMichael. Your post was incredibly touching and it is incredible to that people from all over the world and from different generations "read" Michael the same way. There was so much more to this man that some wanted to acknowledge.

Michael Jackson was a legend! He taught me everything! LEGEND!

:(

Thankyou everyone.

Over the 26 years of my loving and learning from Michael, I learned to give love unconditionally, to persevere and to work for what I want in this life, that the media is a fraud and that nobody can define you.

Thank you, ThankYouMichael. Your post was incredibly touching and it is incredible to that people from all over the world and from different generations "read" Michael the same way. There was so much more to this man that some wanted to acknowledge.

No, thanks for sharing your story, TheChosenOne.
I've been a fan for 8 years and feel like I know him so well. 26 years is such a long time...

Back