what can we do to calm down ?

Don't sit alone, you will be thinking too much, be with family and close friends

I cut myself, but have since learned this practice is not smart. I've taken to writing, but some of my words make me want to cut again. it's almost like I cannot escape the scissors

MJMania, throw your scissors out the window.

can't I have a neighbor whose wife goes through our trash, she'll likely find them and god knows what she'll do with them, probably stab her clinically depressed poodle

can't I have a neighbor whose wife goes through our trash, she'll likely find them and god knows what she'll do with them, probably stab her clinically depressed poodle

Wow....you sound really, really depressed.

I am going to pray for you. :angel:

Do NOT cut or harm yourselves.

This is a terrible time for all of us. I don't know what will work for you, by in my own case I simply cannot watch tv right now. I'm on emotional overload with that, and maybe some others here are too? Probably the best thing would be to try to be with someone else, preferably another fan, or DO something like taking a walk, or some sort of change of scene. The grief is raw right now. It's ok to cry, but also take care of yourselves, PLEASE.

beetoven, bach, some quiet classical music. pet a dog, a cat, a bearded dragon. anything that makes u smile

skiing, surfing, mountain biking, hiking, climbing

hanging out with friends, doing art, cooking, reading, staying home with family is also what I heard from a dear friend.

Odd as this might sound I have heard that one of the best things to do relieve severe anxiety is to drink a teaspoon full of your own urine...I know that sounds gross but desperate times call for desperate measures

I'm tired from grief - if you are, sleep if you can. Try to think of something else. Remember everything you are feeling is natural. Nobody should do anything to harm themselves. I find thinking of his family and children puts it into perspective for me. Be around your family. My friends don't really understand, only 2 have bothered to ask how I feel. Yet nearly every status update on my facebook is positive about Michael - so that is good. Think of everything he has achieved and rest assured he will remain forever, he really will not be forgotten and the negativity surrounding him will fade away. He will become the legend he deserves in public culture. When I can I'll put on his music to feel close to Michael. I'm trying to be strong now, but I'm fighting back the tears as I write.

Mr.Jackson would NOT want his fans and admirers to hurt themselves, or be destructive in any way to themselves or others...That possesses way too much negative energy...

Remember who and what he was, IS all about..!

:angel:

I put on the outfit i was gonna wear to his show and went for a walk blasting his music out of my phone. I live in a very beautiful area in Scotland and went on top of a very big hill that I'd never been to before. I cried, i had a lie down because my head hurt so much from it all and then his music picked my up off my feet and i went further up the hill. At the top there was lots a big rocks sticking up out of the ground i went to the biggest one and stood on top of it. There was the most beautiful view and I just knew that Michael would of loved it there you could see the mountains miles and miles away. I spoke to him telling him that this can be his spot, I stood there for ages and was just about to hop off my rock when Heal the World came on. I sat down on my rock and sang my heart out, it was a very healing experience as i was so high up i felt like i was singing with Michael like i was near heaven and he was right there with me. I feel lucky to have known him for the man he really was, to have loved him so completely.

From this my advice is find yourself a special place, a calm place that comforts you that you feel safe like you can be with Michael there.

http://shithappensandallthatjazz.blogspot.com/ - wrote about some of the day here

Last edited:
Back