speech for church

angelofhope

Proud Member
hi everbody
this is the first draft of what I hope to say in Unitarian church on Sunday.:angel::(
I'm speaking with my minister tommorow about what I will say. Tell me what you think.
Katix

Hello.
As many of you may know I am a great admirer of Michael Jackson. He very sadly passed away 50 years young on Thursday. I was fortunate enough not too many months ago to be standing at this podium lighting a candle in thanks for getting my tickets to see him at the 02 arena. Today, I am standing here again this to remember a very special person with a very special talent. While I did not know Michael, and he did not know me, he transformed my life from the moment I saw him as a young child on T.V. He seemed a true Angel to me.. He had his faults, but his message in his music was always of love and hope. He helped so many children in his lifetime, appearing in the Guinness book of records for giving a record-breaking amount of money to charity. He suffered through many well documented personal problems but always seemed to bounce back. He sadly had cardiac arrest this week and never regained consciousness, and never did recover to perform one of his electrifying shows. But he died at the time of his life when he was doing what he loved and did best. He is survived by three children that were his life, and my thoughts go out to them and his family at this time.
He leaves behind a music treasure box unparalled. The world is surely darker without his light.
One of my favourite Michael Jackson quotes is: ‘if you enter this world knowing you are loved, and you leave this world knowing the same, then everything in-between can be dealt with.’
He was loved so much, by so many people.
He truly was Peter pan. He has gone back to Never land.
R.I.P.

Since it's church, you can add a comment about Michael's devotion to his faith and also include where Michael references scripture

Such as in 1999 while receiving an award from the Bollywood i think in New York, he said, To him who much is given, much is expected in return. Luke 12:48

Back