Will the pain go away?

Starlight

Proud Member
Those who had experienced lost of the loved one before, please help!
WILL THE PAIN EVER GO AWAY? Will it ever be relatively ok?

I lost my mother and father in 1996. It takes a long time. Don't try to push it away, and don't try to do anything (chemical) to make you forget about it - we have to grieve.

I love you Michael.

this kind of pain will never go away
I has lost many for a few years who I loved so much
This pain still in my heart
With Michael's death my soul died too.

It does eventually.....it takes a while......I have lost many friends and family members over the years......one who was 18 to a heart condition and one to aids 2 years ago who was my age.....
I lost 4 family members last year within 5 months.......the hardest was my grandpa

its been a year and the pain is still there

I'll change what I said.....maybe it doesnt ever truly go away.....but its numbed by memories and loved ones that are there for you

like we are today for michael fans...

:(

love you all...

i don't know...
i never experienced anything like this before...

a good friend of mine from my class died 2 years ago, just 2 months before the end of high school... it took me about 2 months to get my self together... after that there is this feeling of the person being far away,in some other country or something...like you lost contact with him...

but for Michael...I don't know... the ONLY "cure" I think is to just... listen to his music, dance to it, sing, just smile to it, have fun with your friends along to it... maybe in that way you make yourself believe in "immortality" and spirituality...that's what i am trying to do... hope this helps at least a bit.

it will never truly go away, you'll just learn to live with it and accept it

I agree. It will never stop hurting. We'll just get used to this new situation.

It will never leave us.. :no: but in time things will get easier.

Big hugs to you all. :hug:

They say time heals all wounds, but I see it the opposite way because today I am worst than yesterday

Well, I've had many family members dying over the years. The first one was when my favourite aunt drowned when the boat sank. It was horrible but I got over it after some time. The worst was when I lost my father to cancer at age of 61 in 2006. I was in shock. First because it was unexpected and everything happened really quickly, and second because he was my own father and he had looked healthy last time I saw him. Let me tell you that was WAY worse than what I'm experiencing now. It took me a while to recover, a few months is the minimum. I kept crying but what I found very helpful was spiritual books and magazines. I'd buy a new one every couple of days in the beginning. They REALLY helped and convinced me there was indeed life after death. After some time I started functioning again and doing normal things I thought I would never do or enjoy again. Now, I'm ok. However, there may be some rare occasions where some unexpected memory creeps up and makes you cry again. but only for a while. That's because you still miss the person but it only becomes apparent at that moment. The pain will go of course at some point (sooner or later). You may just have some times in the future wishing "ah, wouldn't it be nice if this person was here"...etc. All we have to do is wait until it's our own time to go. They say all dreams come true then. So I guess we'll see MJ again (provided we don't stalk him a lot) lol.

it will never truly go away, you'll just learn to live with it and accept it

Very true. Over time you learn how to cope with it, the loss is never lessened but time helps you learn to live with the loss. I lost my Mum and not a day goes by that I don't think of her even 7 years later. Sometimes I cry but I try and celebrate her life and remember all the good times.

It won't ago away you just have to learn to live with it accept it amd keep going.

They say time heals all wounds, but I see it the opposite way because today I am worst than yesterday

I don't believe that time heals anything, the loss will always be there however over time you learn to live with what happened.

I think you might feel worse today as the reality is starting to sink in. I know logically he is dead but I am not sure I believe it fully yet or that my heart does to be exact. I never dreamed I would live in a world where he didn't exist

It doesn't really ever go away. You just learn to deal with it better. At least that's true for me anyway. I'll learn to deal with the passing of MJ better, but i'll never get over it.

losing someone important to you is so painful. i lost my 2-year old cousin last november. i am able to move on, but instances come any moment that i realize her absence and think of her doings when she's still alive..

i think acceptance is the only way to recover yourself.. acceptance of what happened can ease the pain but it cant take it away.

I lost my dad 12 years ago when I was 17 ....and it still hurts today. Of course life goes on and you cope with it, but anything can trigger the sadness and all the emotions come up again.
It will be the same with Michael I'm sure. The grief will get less and the pain will get less, but deep inside it will hurt forever. It is a long, maybe even eternal, process...

Gosh, I miss you Michael :'(

Time is a great healer, but you will always remember it, so it's best to remember the good times. :)

Everyone is different, but you will reach a level of acceptance, understanding and peace, where you remember and sometimes long for what you've lost in a way that is mostly joyful.

I have lost both my parents. Yours is an important question. The total grief you are feeling now will not always be this intense. It's not so much that it goes away, but there will be spaces in between pain where you can function, enjoy friends, and other things. But even though my parents have been gone for awhile now, there are certain days when the grief rushes back. Their birthdays, Christmases, and so forth.

It's going to get better. I have to believe that. This raw, total, grief you feel now. .and I do. . . will NOT always be that intense. Will you always have some pain from this? Yes, you will. How could we not? But you will incorporate it into your life and say, "I LOVED someone that strongly, and that adds to my memories of joy."

I'm new on this forum coming over from Michael Jackson Live forum. I just want to say how devasted I am at Michaels death. I was due to see him at the O2 on his opening night. At the moment I don't think I'll ever get over the shock. It's true pain does diminish a little with time, but it never really leaves you. RIP Michael

It won't for me. ever. Everything I do, everywhere I go I see/remember things.

Back