A chance for Jackson's NZ fans to grieve

king_of_pop_fan

Proud Member
New Zealand fans of Michael Jackson are now able to grieve together.
A fan has called out to other fans in the country to gather in the three main cities of New Zealand following an announcement of the official date of the pop superstar's funeral.
The places to pay tribute to the legend will be Auckland Aotea centre, Wellington Civic Square and Christchurch Cathedral square, from midday till late.
Organiser Rose Van Wylich has asked fans to gather and mourn and comfort each other during the devastating time.
Fans are welcome to bring candles, flowers and mementos for the occasion.
The gatherings will be on the official funeral date when this is announced.
Meanwhile, a support group is also being set up online so people can express their thoughts and admiration for the King of Pop.

Van Wylich says many are struggling to come to terms with the popstar's death.
Jackson was in full cardiac arrest when paramedics arrived at his rented mansion in the Holmby Hills neighbourhood of Los Angeles on Friday (NZT), with his personal physician trying desperately to revive him.
The 50-year-old pop superstar was rushed to nearby UCLA Medical Center, where he was pronounced dead without regaining consciousness.
Van Wylich says his music helped her through some difficult times, including a break up in 2004.
She says Michael Jackson's death has come out of the blue, and life has been hard since.

all nz fans please attend!

I am there!! Thankyou for this. Just becoz we are so far away doesn't mean we don't need each other. I encourage everyone to join us.

This needs to be better organised though, where is the website, what day is it happening here. I heard this lady on the radio and it sounded like she didnt have a clue. Nice touch though.

i am a little confused. so Civic Square or Town Hall?
but this is the letter that i got from her i think. i'm grateful for all these efforts

I have been requested to on behalf of the Michael Jackson fans of New Zealand, to send out a gathering that needs to reach everyone immediately.

Saturday July 4th, we the fans in NZ are to gather in the three main cities of New Zealand.

* Auckland Town Hall
* Wellington Town Hall
* Christchurch Town Hall

To pay tribute to the Ledgend, the Man Michael Jackson. For the fans to gather together, to share in mourning and be there to comfort each other during this devastating time.

It will be from Midday, 12 noon, till late at night. Fans can Bring candles, flowers and momentos too for this occassion.

Again, it will be on Saturday July 4th.

I have as requested by Debbie of Auckland, contacted numerous TV news and radio stations to get the word out to fans here.
I have lost contact with a few fans, if you would like, email me your home number or where in NZ you are so we can get a bearing on the attendance numbers.

I have already been in x2 telephone interviews with radio stations. This has been difficult for me.
The TV 1 news already interviewed me and want me to be in touch with those overseas going to his funeral.

Kindest regards
-Rose
rose@moonfeatherstudios.com
Chch. NZ

Oh OK well that is better then. It's a big window. Should I be there at 12?

Back