How do we go from here? How long should we mourn?

Rebirth

Proud Member
My apology but I am slightly confused. This is the first death that truly affected my life.

I am mourning and grieving just like the rest of you. But I would like to know how long should I mourn? I mean I don't want to stop grieving too early as it somehow feels disrespectful or should I let myself grieve for as long as it take?

I hope everyone gets my point as I don't even know how to explain this in length.

grieve as long as you want. Dont let others dictate your grieving process. If your ok already, so be it. Dont drag it on just because you have to.

when the grieveing process is over you will know :)

I think I will be grieving for a long time. I'll know when I've come to terms with his death when I can listen to his albums and watch his shows without feeling sad about his passing. I think it may be along time before I get the same joy out of his music as I used to :-(

My apology but I am slightly confused. This is the first death that truly affected my life.

I am mourning and grieving just like the rest of you. But I would like to know how long should I mourn? I mean I don't want to stop grieving too early as it somehow feels disrespectful or should I let myself grieve for as long as it take?

I hope everyone gets my point as I don't even know how to explain this in length.

Everyone grieves differently and for different lengths. There is no right or wrong way.

But there is a caution. Be aware of long term depression. A good way keep that at bay is to make sure you get some physical exercise like going for a walk. Eat a healthy and eat balanced diet even if you arent very hungry. STAY HYDRATED TOO!

Short term depression can be part of the grieving process though. That is normal. It when it gets prolonged that can be a warning sign.

It may be a wise thing to not watch his videos or listen to his music hours on end. That may keep a person in a rut.

Dont isolate yourself from others. Doesnt mean you have to hang out with tons of people, but dont go into deep isolation.

Its so hard to me. I have to force myself to do basic things guys.. I don't know what to do!!

as long as you feel you need to
as long as you feel you can not let go

but know, your life goes on and every day is a different day
and you should get out and try to recover

look at the nice things around you - the sun is out..a good, energetic song, a book you have stopped reading
talk to pals
take a walk

don't consume yourself in grief
simply live

and you will find the pain will come back
the tears will flow
your voice will break
but it will heal

but it takes time and effort
so get up and work on it

if you are afraid you cant do it on your own, ask for help
dont suffer it is not worth it

I've read that people are doing "ok" already, and I can't imagine that...after only two days. I don't have the strength to watch TV or read the news, I haven't done much but watch cartoons and play some games now and then to distract myself, and come to the forum for support. Even coming here is tough, seeing the "RIP"s and the "1958-2009"s is painful.
So, I have a feeling I will be mourning a long time.

i just don,t know when or how i,m gunna get over this,everyday i wake up,i feel worse than better,i know this sounds stupid,but i jsu want michael to pop up,and say he,s been kidnapped or something like that,and this has all been a conspiracy,i don,t want to beleive he,s gone,and whats upsetting a person i thought was my friend,one minute offering me condolances on msn,and the next minute sending horrible tect messages about mj to her other friends and laugthing about it,

i cant see a way ill ever be the same person again

i dont think many of us will be. like quincy said "part of my sould died with him", so true. even though i never knew him. i will think about him everyday. maybe the pain i feel will fade, i hope so,but i will neve get to the stage where i think its not impacted on me and made my life less than what it once was

Back