To Michael, my friends & the member of MJJC

rickd

Proud Member
To Michael, my friends & the member of MJJC
Like many here up until tonight, I haven’t been able to get past a thought circulating in my head “so…this is how it ends”. On Friday when I got the news like everyone my heart stopped for a second, it was a pain I never thought I’d feel. This was not a man I knew personally and yet the emotion was immense. I had to hold myself together while I excused myself from a work meeting & then bit by bit it hit me, by the afternoon I was exhausted.
As hours past I made a decision, it wasn’t just OK that I cried - it was right I did. Friday & this weekend for me was my time to reflect, to understand those countless hours of listening to music, watching footage & following his incredible life. I started to think about what Michael meant to me and my life…
When I want to be creative and push boundaries, I learn from Michael,
When my own father was violent I found comfort in Michael’s music, I had hope
When I face personal challenges it was instinctive to play “Keep the Faith”
When I wanted to party and smile I can directly relate that feeling to listening to “Don’t Stop til You Get Enough”
These are only a few examples of how a man (who most would quickly retort “you don’t know”) impacted my life & will continue to do so through the wonderful body of work he leaves us as a gift to cherish forever. I have always believed that my love and admiration for Michael is because I can relate to him, I see bits of myself in him and I believe many fans are in the same boat. Today we should not be scared or upset about losing him. Michael did not live in fear, the opposite; he embraced life & gave it his all. Surely for those of us who feel similar this should be our energy for the future.
Michael Jackson, thank you so much for all you have given me over the 26 years I have been alive. Thank you for your wonderful art, when you sing it does something to me I cannot explain. Thank you for remaining true to yourself, for always showing compassion even when others tried to tear you down.
You have been such a inspiration, I miss you so much already.
Your star is bright and your legacy is safe with us.
Rick
Come and see, the moon is dancing, come and see, the moon is dancing.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLBeRLO1Jgw

my exact feelings.

wonderful post.

I started crying when hearing 'the girl is mine' "i think told ya i'm a lover not a fighter" it brought back strong memories of why i was a fan and how his choice of love over all made me who i am today.

I'm the same as you, I listened over and over to 'keep the faith' even before I had my driving test when I was 17 and many times when feeling down and out, massive inspiration.

Back