Haters on another board - please help

strangerinncl

Proud Member
Some haters on the moneysavingexpert site (a great and very popular site!) have set up a message board topic comparing MJ to Gary Glitter. I'm arguing with someone called Pipkin71 about the facts of the Chandler case - I'd be grateful if someone who knows a lot about the topic could help me out, MJ's memory and legacy deserve better than this.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?p=22885223&posted=1#post22885223

Dave

You should pick your battles - haters aren't worth the time and energy.

I'm in total agreement with this. This is not a time to give haters ONE second of attention. They thrive on our attention. We know the truth about Michael's legacy. Take care of yourselves, ok? Please read the positive threads, the tributes, read about the good memories, and support one another. There will be plenty of time to regroup and continue to fight for Michael, ok?

Yeah, I have been avoiding this kind of thing. Ive seen haters saying things in a few places and have backed away from it for now. Its just stress added on to what we already have to cope with.

You cant reason with ignorance either, I have tried. They are very stubborn with their opinion (or someone elses which they have based it upon) and simply will see you as a Michael Jackson worshipper who is blinded by love for him. They will see you as someone who refuses to believe anything negative about Michael and that is why they will not take you seriously.

This kind of thing is allways happeneing, before and after MJ's death. Michael knew such stuff was going on, but carried on living his life knowing that it came with his enormous fame. Do as Michael would do, simply do not give them the attention.

People like that, are immature and do not have a clue about how the media works and how people work because they are stuck behind there computers slagging off people who are actually worth something and have done something with their lives, while they continue to do nothing with theirs.

If you were to sit down with an MJ hater one on one, keeping in mind they are nice. Sitting their one on one you may have a chance in persuading them and making them see the light on what goes on in the media etc. You may have a chance but you also may not, as people simply dont like to be proven wrong. If you are in a big group of people and you are trying to persuade them, they are going to be defensive because they wont want to look stupid being proven wrong in front of a load of people.

The same goes for on the internet, if someone has started a thread like that and you come in trying to argue your point then your going to get torn apart. Yes, people actually care deeply about what people over the internet who they dont even know think about them......

The one on one thing doesnt work over the internet either, it seems that arguing over the internet with someone they dont even know keeps them entertained when they really should be out with friends and being entertained that way. Or even by finding a girlfriend.

It is sad that even in 2009, the majority of people still believe a lot of what they read in the newspapers.

Last edited:
I was always told to ignore such comments. Just ignore it. It's really best.

Back