Could Lupus have caused the heart attack?

caleb20003

Proud Member
Don't know if anyone has posted this but this journalist presents a strong case and bearing in mind the Drs lawyer has stated there was no Demerol injection it's highly unlikely to have been that with toxicology reports underway.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/bonnie-fuller/the-real-reason-for-micha_b_221825.html

Was the King of pop really felled by prescription drug use and abuse ? Those who speculate on this theory could be dead wrong! Instead, Michael could very well be the victim of the lupus he suffered from.

Did you know that Michael Jackson, was the victim of a rare auto-immune disease called lupus? Yes, he was according to his Wikipedia biography and as it turns out -- lupus sufferers frequently die in their 40s and 50's from sudden heart attacks, caused by atherosclerosis. Let me explain.

Lupus causes inflammation in many of the body's organs including the arteries of the heart. The inflamed arteries then cause cholesterol to deposit on their walls.These deposits cause scarring, and the whole process primes lupus victims to have massive heart attacks, which are often asymptomatic beforehand.

Mild lupus sufferers, like Jackson, are actually more at risk for having a fatal heart attack, according to Dr Michael Lockshin, a rheumatologist at the Hospital for Special Surgery in New York City. The reason for this is because people who have a mild case of lupus are less likely to take any of the medications which would prevent inflammation of the organs.

Now if you don't believe that Jackson had lupus consider this: vitiligo, which Jackson also suffered from, resulting in the famous pigment loss in his skin, is also an auto-immune disease. Coincidentally, vitiligo and lupus are often diagnosed in the same person, explains Dr. Lockshin. In other words, it would not have been unusual for Michael Jackson to have suffered from both ailments.

Here's another key fact: African-Americans are four times more like to be lupus victims than Caucasians. However, lupus is far more common in women than men. Still men, do get it.

So would prescription drug abuse have exacerbated a case of lupus? Only if demerol was injected intravenously, would it also have damaged Jackson's heart, according to Dr. Lockshin. Demerol injected into his muscles would not have played a deadly role and neither would drugs like Xanax and Zoloft.

Lupus also frequently causes inflammation and pain in the joints, which could explain why Jackson was sometimes seen in a wheel chair. This might also explain why Jackson had not performed in years. Maybe it wasn't just the stress of the child molestation charges and trials that forced him to put his performance career on hold. Maybe, he was simply unwilling to share his medical problems with the public.

Until a possible lupus-induced heart attack felled him, the King of Pop may have preferred to preserve the illusion that he was still, at least in some ways, invincible!

I was watching CNN tonight and they were discussing the lupus. It had got me to think of this possible theory that lupus may have played a role in his death? It has me wondering.

Last edited:
Do we have any more information about this yet?
I feel so sad that Michael had to suffer so much and yet people will only speculate on drug overdose now.

Lupus may explain why Michael called Frank Dileo saying he was feeling unwell.

It seems at that time, the condition was beginning to kick in, but the doctor, not knowing what was going on, possibly diagnosed and prescribed the wrong pills, thereby the condition carried on till the fatal point.

When the doctor walked in to check on MIchael's pulse, it was already too fatal to revive him.

Then the drug stories started.

I'm not sure whether to believe this second ailment of his, apart from vitiligo, which he openly admitted...About the other one he would've said sth as well, wouldn't he? In the '92 interview with Oprah....... (just wondering)

I'm not sure whether to believe this second ailment of his, apart from vitiligo, which he openly admitted...About the other one he would've said sth as well, wouldn't he? In the '92 interview with Oprah....... (just wondering)

Before Michael passed away, there was information that he had LUpus. I think in 2003, he attended a Lupus event too.

Normally some people with vitiligo also have lupus, and from some of the ailments Michael complained about, you could know that he had Lupus since he had mentioned that he had vitiligo.

Before Michael passed away, there was information that he had LUpus. I think in 2003, he attended a Lupus event too.

Normally some people with vitiligo also have lupus, and from some of the ailments Michael complained about, you could know that he had Lupus since he had mentioned that he had vitiligo.
Yes. Most people who have lupus also have vitiligo, although seriousness vary.

I hope so, cause the media try to portray him as a druggie. It makes me SICK!
MJ may had some problems, but most of them are caused by the media and by the LAPD, that mistreated him badly and dislocated his arm, after his arrest.

I an interview he said he had constant pain and couldn´t sleep, because of the pain they caused on his body.
I am sure his insomnia is the cause of these points and his medicine use.

I hope so, cause the media try to portray him as a druggie. It makes me SICK!
MJ may had some problems, but most of them are caused by the media and by the LAPD, that mistreated him badly and dislocated his arm, after his arrest.

I an interview he said he had constant pain and couldn´t sleep, because of the pain they caused on his body.
I am sure his insomnia is the cause of these points and his medicine use.

Just because Michael had a problem with the prescription drugs doesn't mean he's a bad person. It just means he had a problem...I've seen many an interview with MJ where he's looked just...out of it. He was just so loopy in a lot of TV interviews I've seen of him, and I know that this was a result of his drug use because I just don't think that behavior was normal of him (or anyone on the planet for that matter).

Speculate 2 Break The Hate
Discussion about controversy, speculation and conspiracy theories on the events of Michael Jacksons passing. As well as the media's attempts to discredit his legacy are in here. If you do not wish to engage in this line of discussion, please do not come in here.

thanks for the article and post
**thread moved**

I have read a bit about Lupus now, and as it seems a fact that he did suffer from both Lupus and Vitiligo this may sertainly explain what happened.

This is specualtion on my part:

It i likely that Michael took medicine on a regular basis for his ailments.
What I do know about cases of unexpected death, is that it can some times be a mix of reasons.
For instance, if he usually took a sertain medicine, and then the doctor added another one- or there was a switch of types of medicine- your system may react differently.
If one think of the body as a chemical "machine", and each person reacts differently to different kinds of chemicals (medicine).

What happened may be a combination of the underlying illness (Lupus), a combination of medication that would otherwise be unproblematic, and the fact that his body and mind has been under tremendous stress ( witch is known to be bad for people with autoimmune diseases)- and even if he was happy and energetic (if one is to trust the statements of the people working with him) he was an perfectionist that was simultaneously working on three projects (the concert, two albums) along with the neverending stories of lawsuits and drama that was always part of his life.
His life - it seems- was one that you had to be a supehuman to handle.

I will not be surprised if this turns out to be less dramatic (in terms of the theories swirling at the moment) then expected.
It does not make it less sad, or easier to accept. But this is how life is some times; unpredictable.
It may also be that in a way, we search for someone or something to blame- because it seems to make it easier. To accept that life some times throw you out of balance- with no reason, and nothing that we can make any sense of- may be a whole lot more threatening and difficult to deal with. Because chaos and unpredictability is so difficult for us to process- we can not control it, we can not do anything but accept that its part of being alive, and being human. And that is why life is so precious.
And one thing I have learned is that life is, and has never been fair. And nobody promised us it would be. It just is what it is.

If he died from Heart attack we would ALREADY KNOW

Cardiac arrest is different from a heart attack!. When you have a heart attack they would have seen the damage and blockage. We would already know the cause as soon as autopsy was done.

Natural causes have been ruled out already, it's almost certainly medication

Propofol infusion syndrome:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Propofol

This is what I am talking about:
(and again- this is pure speculatuion on my part)

Propofol (Diprivan) in combination with stereoids ( commonly used for cases of Lupus) can in rare cases cause cardiac arrest.

This is just one example of a combination of medication that has been brought up so far in the dicussion.
People are so trusting when it comes to doctors, and of medicine in general.
And the propofol/ diprivan story may not be true- but considering the stress michael was under i would not be surprised if he needed something to relax/ sleep.
And even if one doc tells you that its too risky, people that are desperate are known to prefer to listen to the people that tell them what they want to hear. Add money into this picture and the story is all too well known.

I would feel better knowing for certain that he died of lupus because it would mean he died of natural causes and it was something that probably couldn't have been prevented.

The drug theory really irks me because it's SO frustrating knowing that just one tiny dose too much killed him, and you just can't turn back that clock and turn everything around.

The only way I may believe that it was lupus is if there are no drugs found in his system.

Lupus didnt cause the cardiac arrest
medicine (but not only sedatives) will be found in the toxicology results..

I would feel better knowing for certain that he died of lupus because it would mean he died of natural causes and it was something that probably couldn't have been prevented.

The drug theory really irks me because it's SO frustrating knowing that just one tiny dose too much killed him, and you just can't turn back that clock and turn everything around.

The only way I may believe that it was lupus is if there are no drugs found in his system.

Well, like someone pointed out, if it would have been due to Lupus, they probably already would have noticed during autopsy without having to wait for the toxological results!

Back