More info from AEG

Debhiwahh1983

Proud Member
Update: Refunds on MJ tickets

Following on from the tragic death of Michael Jackson we let you know that ticketing information would be announced in due course. Today AEG have issued a press statement around refunds and the process people need to follow.

AEG Live (UK) Ltd, the concert promoters, have announced that full refunds will be available to fans who purchased tickets through authorised agents for any of the 50 Michael Jackson, 'This Is It' concerts. These refunds will include all ticket service charges.

Fans will also have the option to be sent the actual tickets they would have received to attend the shows. The tickets, which are printed with the special lenticular process, were inspired and designed by Michael Jackson for the fans attending his shows.

Images of the specially created tickets may be seen on www.michaeljacksonlive.com from tomorrow, Wednesday 1 July 2009. The special offer to receive the actual tickets that the purchaser would have received to attend 'This is It' will remain valid until 23:59 GMT, August 14, 2009.

Information will be available for customers on www.michaeljacksonlive.com from tomorrow, Wednesday 1 July 2009. The refunds will be processed by each of the authorised ticket agencies (e.g. Ticketmaster, Viagogo, See or Ticketline).

This is VERY reliable information.....

''specially created tickets''

I don't want anything about his death will be on the ticket, I only want the normal ticket as should be when the concerts will be played.

I want to get at least one of my tickets. I'll just die inside once again when I receive the ticket, but I still want it as a memory.

I want the real ticket, with the date and place printed on it, not a "special ticket" made after his death!

GoogleSearchIconShadow.gif
SuperSearchIconShadow.gif

the tickets we get will have all the right details on it including seat numbers dates etc.. the ones on tv are just a prototype! they said on CNN.

thanks. its not even a proper tickets. AEG have just made them up quick. hugs to danny

they'd wanna be gold encrusted for the full ticket price.

this is outrageous.

AEG are basically saying the ticket is worth just as much as seeing him live. How can they make that comparison?

i cant believe the prices on ebay already for the special tickets

some are £200+ :(

I guess inside I want one, but I also feel, as in that youtube video - a bit exploited, yes. I was going to do something with that money like donate it to Make A Wish in Michael's memory and get an MJ tattoo (which I never thought I'd do, but now I want one). I don't want to give it all to AEG to get something that to them is just a great way to use our grief for profit.

The question I have is whether it's going to be like if you spent $900 on two tickets through Viagogo, do you pay $900 for the commemorative ones then? Or will they take face value and refund the rest? What if you bought 4 tickets at a time from Ticketmaster and only want two tickss and the other two refunded? That's what I want to know. I wouldn't be a bit surprised if it was all-or-nothing. You bought 4, so you either get 4 or a refund. In which case, I don't know what to do. If seat numbers are printed, I admit that the Viagogo ones are the ones I'd want, since we were going to be so close and I was so overjoyed with the thought of finally seeing Michael from so close. But over $900 for commemorative tickets versus donating to charity? What a sick decision to put on us.

i cant believe the prices on ebay already for the special tickets

some are £200+ :(
By the same people who rushed out to the stores yesterday and bought up all the copies of the special edition Time Magazine or others. So they can sell them on ebay for twice, three times or more what they cost. Profiting on our pain, on the world's great loss. Good old capitalism at its best. Just like AEG is doing with the commemorative ticks.

We better get used to this, because I fear the next year especially is going to be filled with this kind of thing at a sickening level. Right now people are sitting in front of their TV's watching the global outpouring for MJ and thinking... ah, I've got these old magazine, I've got this rare footage, whatever... I could make millions!

Last edited:
In that video where the showed the tickets and Danny oliver said he bought 17 tickets! what a greedy little **** i mean its incredably unfair on other fans i'm auctally really angry with him

they'd wanna be gold encrusted for the full ticket price.

this is outrageous.

AEG are basically saying the ticket is worth just as much as seeing him live. How can they make that comparison?

Thats the price they reckon of a dead superstar's ticket. It's disgusting.

Randy Phillips said today on Sky News that YES, they can split the orders. So if you got 4 tickets you could get 1 or 2 commemorative ones and get the others refunded. But I still don't know how it will work with the high prices at Viagogo.

Back