I'm sorry, but I must rant about this...

Cinnamon234

Proud Member
What is up with all these new FAKE fans that i'm seeing popping up everywhere on youtube and elsewhere? They are all so full of it. All of a sudden now it's "Oh we love you Michael...you are the best" PLEASE! This sickens me so much. Where the hell was all this love for Michael when he was around and alive to hear it and appreciate it?! Not only do I blame the media, but I am blaming the haters as well who made Michael's life a LIVING HELL. For years, they made fun of his look's, called him disgusting and filthy names for hanging around with kids. Now they want to show their appreciation?! Now that he's dead and gone! This makes me so mad.

Fans like myself and mostly everyone on this board, we supported him through all the drama and everything he went through. Many times people said we were all crazy and delusional for supporting him, but we still kept on supporting our Michael no matter what! Unlike these haters who were just laughing last week at Michael, but now they want to act like they are fans?! HA! I'm sorry, but no amount of positive comments and praise will make up for all the pain they 'caused him. Yes, I blame the haters and media for driving Michael to a state of depression, destruction and isolation (ok fans are to blame somewhat as well for that one) but I just cannot believe all these people pretending to be Michael fans now when before they would have been talking trash. Michael was a beautiful person though and you guys noticed that he NEVER retaliated or got upset at people for all the negativity he recieved? He truly was an angel for putting up with it all. Now you got people like Bashir talking about how great MJ was! YEAH RIGHT! He's the one who 'caused MJ to go to trial in the first place or he was partly to blame at least. I cannot STAND the fakeness and hypocrisy.

I am sorry but I cannot forgive these people for the hell they put Michael through. They should have told him these things when he was alive..it's too late now to make up for it.

Unbelievable.

I know how you feel. Ive been a fan since a young child and though Ive tried my upmost to make my friends like him or think he is not a pedophile, they've always had something negative to say, or never heard his music.. All of the sudden, after the news of Michaels passing, one of my friends started to listen to his music for the very first time, and is all crazy over him.. And all ''Ive always liked him!''...

I dont blame my friends... Its always nice to convert someone into an MJ admirer, even though I wanna say ''its never too late'' it is a bit late...

What I hate is the media, the media are such hypocrites and they make me sick to my stomach... Whats all these extras and pages filled with pro-MJ material and speaking all nice about him.. Its the same media that once accused him of horrible things... I hate the media...

I completely agree with you. a few weeks ago the same ones saying RIP would had diss you if you said you were a fan of michael jackson or made a dumb joke. Now They acting like he was the best thing since sliced bread. Please! Because of these ppl michael felt like he still had to prove something and felt unloved.

Why is it crazy? At least people are listening to his message now. They are begining to understand. I know it should never ever ever have taken this tragedy for this to happen but at least they can begin the process of understanding

As you can see by the number of my posts, I didn't post much on the forum. Though I listened, watched and read about MJ all the time. I'm almost 25 and have listened to his music since I was 4 or 5. At that time I had a record player and used to play it over and over. I've never one ever believed all the bad stuff about MIchael.

But theres still some horrible jokes going around. I just ignore them. Though I now my niece and nephew who are under 8 love MJ songs now. I showed them his songs last summer but they only expressed a bit of interest. Now its all they want to hear

I feel the same way. Like I said in another post, I am glad that people are supporting Michael again, but it makes me angry that they wouldn't support him in life because I feel like they contributed to what happened.

One of the last times I talked to my mom about Michael before his death she was making fun of him. Now she is being so respectful and acting like she was always a fan, and maybe on some level she believes that, but she did not act like it. And so many black people used to talk about Michael's skin and accuse him of wanting to be white, but now it's all "He's our black man." Why weren't you behind him before?! I mean, it was so bad the past few years that I did not like to talk about Michael Jackson with people I didn't know to be fans because the inevitable cruel jokes about his looks and relationship with children always came up. Always. I cannot overstate it-- ALWAYS. Everything I heard about him was negative, but now suddenly everyone is a long-time fan? Not-uh. Not possible.

Part of the fake fans comes from people who just want to party or be in front of the camera. Not all obviously, but definitely some.

I guess some people (or: a lot of people) just go with the flow. Well, to be honest I rather have they most of all respect him (like now) then hate him (like two weeks ago).

absence always makes the heart grow fonder... we always want what we cant have ... the cliche listage goes on and on ...

while i understand the anger and pain in your rant, the love and great respect that he is finally receiving is uplifting at the same time. Hopefully your anger will subside and you can then enjoy the respect that people are expressing as a result of his passing.

His legacy will live on forever and beyond ... in a week he has rewritten HIStory again !!

Yes, the media is shameful and hypocritical. I blame them mostly. They wrote these horrible things about him non-stop and brainwashed people into believing their crap. Now they want to praise him and talk about what a legend he is. God, why did it have to take Michael DYING to FINALLY get some respect and end the ridicule (or some of it at least)? The media can shove it. I will NEVER forgive these hypocrites and I will never let them forget what they did to Michael.

Some fans do not use forums

That's not what i'm talking about though. I am talking about people who were trashing him all along, but now that he's gone they are now on the "I love MJ bandwagon" and are praising him. It is too late as far as i'm concerned.

What I hate is the media, the media are such hypocrites and they make me sick to my stomach... Whats all these extras and pages filled with pro-MJ material and speaking all nice about him.. Its the same media that once accused him of horrible things... I hate the media...
Yeah, but I would be more upset if they didn't give him the respect he deserves now.

Also, I feel the public is still to blame on that level. The media would have never gotten way with their treatment of him if the public found it offensive. They didn't. They agreed with the jokes and accusations, so the media pandered to them. Thus, the public was complicit. I think the media was worse because they filtered the information about Michael, but really I cannot blame one without the other.

absence always makes the heart grow fonder... we always want what we cant have ... the cliche listage goes on and on ...

while i understand the anger and pain in your rant, the love and great respect that he is finally receiving is uplifting at the same time. Hopefully your anger will subside and you can then enjoy the respect that people are expressing as a result of his passing.

His legacy will live on forever and beyond ... in a week he has rewritten HIStory again !!

You are right Chi-Chi. In time I will not be as angry, but I still find many in the media especially to be hypocrites. I just cannot forget how horribly they treated him and I will never let them forget it. I am glad he is getting the respect he finally deserves though.

I just wish he was around to see how much he is TRULY loved :(

I know what you're saying, bt I'd rather they like him now than not like him. I've always been the lone MJ fan in my group of friends and I hated how my friends could feel so differently for someone I liked so much. When the trial was going on I was near the end of high school and would be so tired of the things I'd hear and the defending I felt I had to do. Well, none of my friends haave said anything positive since last week, and only 2 bothered to ask me how I was, so I can't say much has changed. But what I loved hearing is my mum telling me that her friend's 4 yr old granddaughter keeps talking about Michael Jackson and humming to his songs when they come on tv.

The media sickens me, of corse. Yesterday it was all 'this frail man..blah blah' now its 'the fit, healthy and energetic singer'

I have been angry and upset about Michael being appreciated more now he has gone, than when he was here. It is not fair at all. I wish he could have seen all the love coming out for him now.

only speaking for myself, i only started posting right before Michael left us but i read the posts almost every day on here, listened to his music constantly, talked about him constantly, defended him, got into arguments over him, etc, for years!

there are lots of fans like me out there who weren't visible on here but are MAJOR FANS (that's what I've always called myself, a "major Michael Jackson fan."

the way everything is selling out that's connected to Michael shows you how many people have been "fans" but not visible.

yeah, I wish the people on youtube and everywhere else would have given him their support while he was alive. but remember how difficult it was to be a Michael fan. it almost always turned into a debate about his personal life but now everyone just talks about how great his music is.

i agree with you, it's beyond disgusting and sad that more people didn't support him before. :heart:

That's not what i'm talking about though. I am talking about people who were trashing him all along, but now that he's gone they are now on the "I love MJ bandwagon" and are praising him. It is too late as far as i'm concerned.
I understand what you mean. During the trial I took so much heat from friends, coworkers, even family. Now, they are all like....... oh yeah he's great, always loved him. ???
I've been trying to take it in stride. Michael always wanted everyone to come together, to get along, to forgive.... so I've bit my tongue and kept what I'd really like to say to myself.

I feel that some people are fake to. I love him and stood up for him, and trust me got into fights because of him. and I just believe people act fake to.

Yes, I do agree.
There are a lot of people "coming out of the woodwork", including a lot of low-list celebrities. People that haven't spoken about M.J. publicly for a long time/not positively, are suddenly changing their tune. It is annoying + frustrating.

"ANYthing, ANYthing, ANYthing for Money..."

I feel that some people are fake to. I love him and stood up for him, and trust me got into fights because of him. and I just believe people act fake to.

I think almost ALL of us can say we've gotten into arguments with people over Michael lol. I know I have had more than my share. Whether it was online or in real life, I would constantly argue with anyone who bad talked Michael. Being a fan of his has been hard because people constantly ridicule you and make fun and say you are deluded and sick for supporting him, but I'm glad most of us never listened to that mess. I know for a fact though that at the VERY LEAST, Michael knew he was loved and adored by his fans so that's one good thing. One thing I've always said is that besides Michael's great music and art, so many of us took his passing so hard because he was wonderful to us I think. Michael was one of the nicest celebrities when it came to his fans. He loved us and we loved him even more :).

Yes, I do agree.
There are a lot of people "coming out of the woodwork", including a lot of low-list celebrities. People that haven't spoken about M.J. publicly for a long time/not positively, are suddenly changing their tune. It is annoying + frustrating.

"ANYthing, ANYthing, ANYthing for Money..."

Or publicity!

Speaking of hasbeen celebrities, I recently heard Brooke Shields speak out. I thought she said she didn't know him anymore just a while ago? I'm pretty sure Tatum O'neil said the same thing and denied that they were ever romantic. Now all of a sudden they have good things to say. Interesting.

This is pretty judgemental for MJ fans?
Im a big fan, i just don't feel the need to write on this board all the time.

i pop in and check whats up from time to time....
not everyone whos username you dont recognise on youtube are old haters now writing good things about Michael... Some probably are, but lets not judge everyone for it?

One thing ive learned from Michael is to not be judgemental.

Sorry for my poor English.

What is up with all these new FAKE fans that i'm seeing popping up everywhere on youtube and elsewhere? They are all so full of it. All of a sudden now it's "Oh we love you Michael...you are the best" PLEASE! This sickens me so much. Where the hell was all this love for Michael when he was around and alive to hear it and appreciate it?!
I agree with you to an extent, but this may come across as pretty judgmental. I mean, how can you assume someone is a fake fan from Youtube when you do not know that person in real life? "Do not judge a person, do not pass judgment, unless you have talked to them one on one."

i agree, i dont understand what has happened, at first i wanted to think positive because nothing could be worser than michael actually dying. BUT after seeing celebs release statements like they ''loved'' him, when in life they hurt his heart by insulting him everytime there was a camera in their face, i get upset. i understand that when someone dies you show respect, BUT learn to show respect when the person is living and breathing and has feeling that get HURT.

same with fans that all of a sudden are mj fans..i dont know if they forgot about mj and now that he has died they regret not loving him as much as they thought they should or what it is??? maybe they are remembering their childhood with michael music or coming online and searching for news on his death which makes sence. granted not alot of fans use forums, but its amazing how many members are online now, but i guess they arent forum users that much so i will say nothing about that. maybe they only want to know about the news on his death, as we all are wondering. and maybe its a good thing.

but i will say i never understood when a famous person in general dies ..all of a sudden theres ''new fans'' right away, though...! and they get all obsessed with the celeb all of a sudden, whereas when they were alive they weren't that much of fans. what is that about? did the world notice that about james dean, heath legder? i dont know. but its odd to me.

on a positive note the world now sees him as the greatest again , the true king , as we fans already saw when he was alive. i was honestly worried how the media would react, but i am seeing more positive than negative than i thought from the sh*t media. so michael and we fans are winning in the end.

On the positive side, I keep hearing his music playing everywhere. It is awesome to walk down the street and actually hear someone blasting Michael Jackson songs.

About the people on youtube who are suddenly singing Michael's praises, I don't mind them too much. Perhaps now they'll try to learn something about the man himself...and the truth.
What really pisses me off are the people who CONTINUE recycling those old 'jokes' and spitting hateful comments. Now THOSE people, I don't understand at all. You really wonder if they're human. It's frightening.

Id rather they appreciate Michael now than never!

I agree with you to an extent, but this may come across as pretty judgmental. I mean, how can you assume someone is a fake fan from Youtube when you do not know that person in real life? "Do not judge a person, do not pass judgment, unless you have talked to them one on one."

Because some of them have said it themselves. I've seen many say that they used to believe all the lies about Michael before but now they don't because he died and they realized they were wrong. I mean that's good and all, but I just wish they hadn't realized so late. This always happens when someone dies though. People never know what they've got 'til it's gone.......

I'm both happy and annoyed about it at the same time. I'd be simply happy about it if I didn't know that at least half of these newfound supporters are the same people who probably made his life miserable at several points. I can't even imagine what it would be like to have millions of people call you a child molester. I can't even fathom that.

On the other hand, it's great that he's getting the respect he deserves. I think most of these people did always genuinely enjoy his music, but they were closet fans. Now the public perception has become "he was one of or the greatest performer of all-time, and we don't really know what happened regarding the allegations so I won't judge." They're parasites, but they're parasites who are going to contribute heavily to MJ's legacy, so just roll with it.

I won't lie, though: I do feel a sense of entitlement knowing that I was one of his biggest fans before last Thursday.

About the people on youtube who are suddenly singing Michael's praises, I don't mind them too much. Perhaps now they'll try to learn something about the man himself...and the truth.
What really pisses me off are the people who CONTINUE recycling those old 'jokes' and spitting hateful comments. Now THOSE people, I don't understand at all. You really wonder if they're human. It's frightening.

Yes they are disgusting, but don't worry they will get theirs. These losers will be lucky if anyone cares when they die. They are sick. They are wasting their time though 'cause Michael can no longer be hurt by their words.

i agree, i dont understand what has happened, at first i wanted to think positive because nothing could be worser than michael actually dying. BUT after seeing celebs release statements like they ''loved'' him, when in life they hurt his heart by insulting him everytime there was a camera in their face, i get upset. i understand that when someone dies you show respect, BUT learn to show respect when the person is living and breathing and has feeling that get HURT.

same with fans that all of a sudden are mj fans..i dont know if they forgot about mj and now that he has died they regret not loving him as much as they thought they should or what it is??? maybe they are remembering their childhood with michael music or coming online and searching for news on his death which makes sence. granted not alot of fans use forums, but its amazing how many members are online now, but i guess they arent forum users that much so i will say nothing about that. maybe they only want to know about the news on his death, as we all are wondering. and maybe its a good thing.

but i will say i never understood when a famous person in general dies ..all of a sudden theres ''new fans'' right away, though...! and they get all obsessed with the celeb all of a sudden, whereas when they were alive they weren't that much of fans. what is that about? did the world notice that about james dean, heath legder? i dont know. but its odd to me.

on a positive note the world now sees him as the greatest again , the true king , as we fans already saw when he was alive. i was honestly worried how the media would react, but i am seeing more positive than negative than i thought from the sh*t media. so michael and we fans are winning in the end.

I agree with all of that and I agree that maybe SOME people forgot how much they loved Michael. I think a lot of people are ex-fans who became upset over the way his life was going in the past few years, but many of 'em are remembering him now so I don't consider those people to be fake.

One of the reasons I was and will always be so upset though is because Michael really caught hell when he was alive. It wasn't the normal love/hate thing some celebrities get. It was beyond that. It was VERY nasty. He was ridiculed, hated and belittled to such a sickening extent. I wouldn't wish the treatment he got on anyone! Not ever. It was just too bad for me to forget. I can maybe forgive in time but i'll never forget how nasty and horribly he was treated. I just hope some of 'em feel bad because they weren't nice to him at all.

Back