LIVE tv broadcast of memorial for australia???

tennet07

Proud Member
Does anyone know of any news of when the memorial will be bradcasted in Melbourne?Im very confused,if its tuesday at 10(pst),,,,what is it easterd standard time?,,because they havnt said anything in reguards to it and this SHOULD be shown all around the world right?

I think it will on wednesday morning our time tennet

Channel Seven news at 6pm tonight said it will be screened without ads, uninterrupted, as a special edition of Sunrise from 3am Wednesday morning. I've yet to find a tv guide listing for it though.

I must get my body clock ready to stay up.

Jeremy.

Yeah. I'm hoping we get it direct from an American channel. I can't stand the Australian media's thoughtless commentary.

I hope so too, but I doubt it.. you know Molly and the sunrise pair won't shut up :smilerolleyes:

CNN's ones are great.. Larry King, Anderson Cooper and Don Lemon *sigh*

Does anyone know what exactly is going to happen throughout the ceremony?

If you have foxtel then you can prob watch an american one, if you cant stand the bogans at CH7 and 9.

I'll most likely be watching Channel 9. I plan on recording it, and my Channel 7 digital reception is crap, so 9 it is. Is anyone going to record it from 7?

Do you think they would really be that way? You would hope they would be respectful because it is a memorial. I don't know if I should watch an American station through Foxtel or if I should stick with an Australian one. The last thing I want is hearing anything negative during something that should be respectful.

This is Molly we're talking about. I'll start a stopwatch from when the show starts until he mentions plastic surgery and/or skin bleaching :smilerolleyes:

And I don't have foxtel.. I'll have to stick to either channel 7 or 9's coverage

omg guys i hope yous ware watching the 30th anniversary on chanel 7,,it nearly finished,,just realised how much i love him lol,,ok so its confirmed 3 am on channel 7!,,, tissues,stuffed monkey and lion,mum and pillow :(

I just watched it too.

Oh god. That was so depressing! especially at the end. I shouldn't have watched it...cue The Offspring "Gone Away"..."can't bring back whats taken from me"

:( i shall watch channel 7 i think. molly will be alright.

I watched the 30th anniversary special thinking I'm ok... or getting better and it just made me cry and feel so hurt again. It just hit me again that he is gone, when I go to work and don't watch the news, it still feels like he is here. When will I be myself again, happy again? I'm not used to tthis, Ive never lost someone I care about to death before.

i couldnt stop smiling for some reason,,,,i think that for that hour that he was on i didnt think about his passing AT all,,,it was like all that had gone away and all that was infront of me was this amazing performer,,but then it hit me at the end and i let a few tears run down the face lol....this pain will go away guys,i promise.soon where gonna be all exited with the extra footage from 02 arena,the emrchandise,the tributes,THE ALBUMS!!?,even a video game!!!...i know i know,it sounds wrong but you watch how better things will turn out soon,especialy once we watch the memorial and we get closure..THEN ITS TIME TO CELELBRATE....LONG LIVE THE KING BABY!!!

guys BOYCOTT channel 9 on this, they're airing tabloid trash beforehand and stuff. *rolls eyes*

I actually had quite a fun night watching the anniversary special with some mates. They weren't MJ fans, but indulged me in watching the show as a little party with some bread and dip.

After it was over, they were impressed so I cracked out the history tour munich dvd, and then the Moonwalker dvd, and then my old VHS of Ghosts. The night went pretty late but all involved enjoyed themselves and appreciated Michael's music, showmanship and creativity. It was quite humbling to watch it with friends and celebrate the life of the king we love so dearly.

Just thought i'd share that with you guys. I'm making an effort to be more involved with the forum these days. Being here reading things has been comforting over the years, and over the last week or so I've been right with you guys, being amongst the people as news broke rather than with the media. It helped alot, even if I barely said anything. I am indebted to you guys at the forum.

Nonetheless I wanted to say I'm most likely gonna give channel nine a miss on wednesday morning. Richard Wilkins is a complete knob. I wouldnt go as far as a boycott, but in my opinion, give it a miss.

Then again, i'll probably flick for the coverage with the least commentary.

I wonder if by uninterrupted, seven mean they wont be running commentary during the show's live feed. I guess time will tell.

Cheers,
Jeremy.

Last edited:
...Oh and ABC1 are airing it live too. Their coverage should be the least invasive. And the tv listings say 7HD will have it in high def if any of you have a digital tv.

I loved the MSG concert they played last night...my whole family was watching and dancing the night away :)
but to think that it really was the last time he did a full performance set is upsetting :(

If ABC is broadcasting at 3am too..i might watch that...they would probably have the least comentary...the others might just go on about how much of a shame his skin bleaching and plastic surgery was instead on focusing on the memorial:smilerolleyes:

Does anyone know anything about this:

Tue 07 Jul 11:45 PM
The Latest on Michael Jackson
Tonight we bring you the latest from those closest to the King of Pop, as well as never before seen home videos of Jackson and his children and much more.

thats just Nine's late news repackaged with an MJ focus i believe. I think the home movies are the ones we've seen over the last few days of him playing with his kids.

Maybe they'll bring out some stuff from the vaults, but i'm quite sure it's just the late news.

Back