Beyonce and Metallica's new tributes to Michael

Lord, here comes the tears again.......Beyonce got me!

I'm still a bit too bitter to cry over some of these tributes. Maybe it's just me. This is certainly no diss to Beyonce or Metallica. I'm ranting about the larger scale of what's going on now after his death with the increased interest and skyrocketing music sales.

He knew we existed before he died; knew we loved, adored, cared, and supported him BEFORE he left this world.

We went out and bought his music BEFORE he died. We screamed outside the gates at the 2005 trial BEFORE he died. We wore tshirts with his pictures BEFORE he died. We sang his music BEFORE he died.

We fought with family members, friends and talking-heads on tv BEFORE he died. Some of us even made up songs or changed the lyrics to preexisting songs and sang them (in our own little worlds) to him BEFORE he died.

He didn't leave this earth without knowing how much he's inspired us. He knew he was like water, like air to some of us BEFORE he died.

Now people want to pay public tribute to him? Just in the nick of time, huh.

Seeing all this, I'm about a thousand times more bitter than I was before he passed away because I feel like all this is too little, too late.

We've been screaming at the top of our lungs about the importance of this man BEFORE he died. He got treated like $hit.

All of a sudden the rest of the nation wants to remember how important he was? In the words of my illustrious mama: That's some low-down $hit right there.

I'm still a bit too bitter to cry over some of these tributes. Maybe it's just me. This is certainly no diss to Beyonce or Metallica. I'm ranting about the larger scale of what's going on now after his death with the increased interest and skyrocketing music sales.

He knew we existed before he died; knew we loved, adored, cared, and supported him BEFORE he left this world.

We went out and bought his music BEFORE he died. We screamed outside the gates at the 2005 trial BEFORE he died. We wore tshirts with his pictures BEFORE he died. We sang his music BEFORE he died.

We fought with family members, friends and talking-heads on tv BEFORE he died. Some of us even made up songs or changed the lyrics to preexisting songs and sang them (in our own little worlds) to him BEFORE he died.

He didn't leave this earth without knowing how much he's inspired us. He knew he was like water, like air to some of us BEFORE he died.

Seeing all this, I'm about a thousand times more bitter than I was before he passed away because I feel like all this is too little, too late.

We've been screaming at the top of our lungs about the importance of this man BEFORE he died. He got treated like $hit.

All of a sudden the rest of the nation wants to remember how important he was? In the words of my illustrious mama: That's some low-down $hit right there.

I understand your feelings loud and clear......and agree 100%!

I think some people just didnt understand or know that they had such deep affection and admiration for him until he sadly has now gone. Its a common reaction Im finding amongst people who wouldnt go to any great lengths for him, who appreciated some of his music and that he was talented but that was about it. And now suddenly, they're feeling his value and worth more and are being shocked by the affection that they did have for him deep down but just didnt let it surface.

I'm not really angry with these people, if anything it makes me feel all the more grateful for having been a part of all that he had to offer us and how I could be part of it, when now, people are realising that they took such a gifted man for granted.

I feel you Whisper on that. I have been overwhelmed about how many people have been affected by his death. They are in shock and didnt realise how much his death would affect them. I know a 7 year old who has not stopped crying since Michael died. The babies are crying for Michael. That is so sad.

Also on CNN the journalists are feeling guilty shock horror. There was a discussion where they were saying accusers are coming forward now saying that he did nothing. Pigs are flying. That is what makes me mad. But if they are so quick to write crap articles and lies about him. Let them write articles about those now saying they lied. They can do it after he is buried on Tuesday.

Dude, I totally feel you on that. That's what I've been getting really annoyed about lately.

Beyoncè's tribute is so touching :(
She changed the lyrics after Michael's name
"Michael, I can see your halo"

I totally agree with whisper. Hopefully people who now are saying good things on Michael, they'll respect him from now on.

hasnt beyonce always been a Mj fan i seem to remember Desteny child done a tribute to mj in one of there videos where they threw there hats - there hasnt been a reason to do a tribute before and now she is showing her love and respect for mike

i see your points, but Beyonce has always done those things you say, shes always praised Michael and openly admitted to being a fan, and shes tributed him multiple times throughout her career while he was alive. Her tribute here is purely through her grief at him being gone, shes a fan just like we are.

Hi, I'm new here and a fairly new Michael Jackson fan. I was first introduced to his music at 11 yrs old in 2001 when he performed "The Way You Make Me Feel" with Britney Spears (I was a huge fan of hers at the time) but never really got into him. I really began liking him around this time lastyear after I wanted to learn the Thriller dance and slowly began listening to more of his songs (really the more well-known ones). I kind of stopped listening to him for a couple months and last week after I heard he died, I downloaded his albums off of iTunes and I haven't stopped listening since. I do feel really bad that I did not appreciate this man more when he was alive. I completely regret not listening to his albums before he died because he truly was an amazingly talented and giving person. I'm sorry that you guys are feeling this way though and I agree, all this support he's getting now would have been much better when he was alive so he could have seen it and know that he was loved by so many, not just his diehard fans. I do not like that people who brought him down when he was alive are now praising him, I for one never thought Michael was a bad man and never believed the allegations. It truly breaks my heart to know Michael left the world not knowing just how many hearts he touched, how many people he affected, and how appreciated he was and I now cry each time I watch a performance or interview because I feel terrible for the way he was treated. But I'm sure where ever Michael is now, he sees us and he knows how much he is loved.
Now we have a whole new generation getting introduced to him though. His music is being discovered once again and that makes me happy. I am sorry on behalf of all of us that weren't big fans as you guys are, that it took his death for us to realize his greatness.

OK, now Beyonce got me crying again. Lord, I aint gonna be right for months to come.

I went to church this morning and couldn't stop crying. This young girl in our church sang this song she wrote called SOON. It was about how we are gonna be in heaven soon with God. Man, the words just got to me because every since Michael died, I have been thinking about going to heaven and how it is gonna be there and seeing Michael. I hated the world before Michael passed. But now I hate it even more. Can't stand to listen to the radio.

I am really going through something, right now. I didn't know I loved Michael so much. I really, truly loved him as a person. He was such an amazing person. The world didn't deserve him.

You are right. I've thought those same things myself. WE WERE THERE the whole time! He knew we cared, and we never gave up, and we never quit trying to get the world to see what we saw in him. I've also wondered where all these celebrities were during the trial and where was all his support then? It came from us, to be sure. It does bother me that they are all coming out of the woodwork now, professing their love for him, calling him their brother, friend, hero, etc. but he is gone and doesn't even realize it. The only thing that makes me feel better is that they are still right. He WAS a great person, and even if they didn't realize it until after he died, at least they are realizing it now. People tend to do that sort of thing, as pathetic and sad as it is. At least we can feel good about how we treated him and that he knew we loved him. Try not to be bitter about it, if you can.
As for Beyonce, I think she has always liked him, and her tribute to him made me tear up. I think of him anyway when I hear that song.

Whataboutyesterday - what a beautiful post that just makes so much sense. Thank you for sharing.

Whisper - word........... I feel you....

Though I must add, Beyonce has always admired the Jacksons and Michael in particular. Her tribute was amazing, though I didnt cry... Her voice was amazing and I really feel like she meant what she was feeling.

Hi there I'm new, I registered shortly before his death but haven't posted anything till now. I was introduced to Michael back in 2001. It was Halloween night and I was home and they were playing Ghosts and I was watching it and then I remember shortly after that they played Thriller and my mom started talking about him and how she grew up on his music anyways while she was doing that I was dancing and getting into the song. Unfortunately I didn't follow him much after that but lately I started learning more about him and understanding him better and I really came to appreaciate for the caring and loving person he truly was. I was deeply shocked and saddened when I heard about his death. It hadn't really hit me as hard until I found the performance Beyonce gave while browsing on another forum. I thought it was beautifully done. I think Michael knew his fans loved him deeply but I don't think he every understood the world wide effect he had on people. And I truly believe that it will continue in the years to come. He will be known to future generations, his music will never die it will forever remain timeless. I'm really sad that he's gone and I like many people never got to see him live where he was truly at his greatest.

I finally managed to pull myself together the past few days, and then I made the mistake of clicking on Beyonce's link. That tribute threw all my emotions off balance. What an emotionally powerful tribute..absolutely amazing.

gosh beyonce made me cry all over again! damn it.

whataboutyesterday that's a beautiful post, don't feel bad!

Back