Elizabeth Taylor NOT going to Staples

Lisa090982

Proud Member
Elizabeth Taylor has said she is not going to staples... She has taken to her Twitter account to give her reasons

@DameElizabeth

since you didnt post her tweets. im doing so.

http://twitter.com/DameElizabeth

"I've been asked to speak at the Staples Center. I cannot be part of the public whoopla. And I cannot guarantee that I would be coherent to say a word. I just don't believe that Michael would want me to share my grief with millions of others. How I feel is between us. Not a public event. I said I wouldn't go to the Staples Center and I certainly don't want to become a part of it. I love him too much. My love goes out to Katherine and Michael's beloved children."

A little bit dissapointed if im honest, but i respect her honesty

Can't blame her for that.. this all has turned into a big circus.. with all the tickets and everything. I just hope he's laid to rest in private with no paparazzi and hysterical fans..

I'm On here via my iPhone so copying and pasting the tweets would be a huge effort...

Thanks for doing that :)

I agree with her in a way... She was a good friend and maybe is too distraught, but this 'public whoopla' is all us fans have... It's our chance to pay our respects to our Michael...

I'm saddened that she's not attending but can understand her view....

I can't help but sense she's not happy with the public memorial though... I dunno...

I respect her wishes very much. Though she had a very close relationship with Michael, she doesn't have to speak at a public memorial to show how much she cared and loved him. I respect her wish and she is allowed to grieve in anyway that she pleases. God Bless You, Elizabeth.

Elizabeth was one of michaels closet friends but she knows what shes doing.

GOD BLESS

She was one of his dearest friends. And her only wishing strength to Katherine and the children, tells me a lot.

"My love goes out to Katherine and Michael's beloved children."

hmmmm VERY telling!!! ... no mention of joe then? or the rest of the family???? she was one of MJs closest closest friends....

I can't help but sense she's not happy with the public memorial though... I dunno...
user_offline.gif
yeah i agree. maybe shes going to the private one

I completely understand and respect her decision. She must be absolutely heartbroken. Liz was one of Michael's closest and dearest friends. She doesn't need to tell or show anyone how she feels or what Michael meant to her. Much love to Elizabeth.

I understand Liz' feelings totally........she'll probably just attend the private service.

Much love to Elizabeth. Those closest to Mike have been the least vocal and I'd imagine that they are the ones taking this the hardest. Them two meant alot to each other.

just curious but how come you guys are getting on Quincy for not going but respect Elizabeth T for not attending.

just curious but how come you guys are getting on Quincy for not going but respect Elizabeth T for not attending.
We were never annoyed at Quincy for not attending. Don't mix it up.
We are annoyed at him for the two-faced 'friend' he is and the things he has been saying.

I can't help but sense she's not happy with the public memorial though... I dunno

Prob, but the Pub Memorial is for the fans. I'm guessing the family did this just for the fans.

Remember her and Michael getting all those supersoakers for Christmas. :(

Funerals are horrible events to attend by any measure of things, especially if it's a huge worldwide-broadcast funeral. She probably wouldn't be able to get out a single word if she were to talk at the public service, so I agree what's the point of her going? after all, funerals are just ceremony. she's doing all her grieving in her heart and with Michael's spirit in her own way, and that's far more powerful than a ceremony.

BUT! the public ceremony is 1000000% necessary because there is a huge number of people who loved Michael and never met him, and there needs to be some sort of venue for them to outpour their own grief, and the public ceremony serves that purpose. during that ceremony, I'm betting every person there is trying to discourse privately with Michael's spirit, telling him personally they love him... it's a venue that, while public, also becomes intimitely private where people share their own love with Michael's spirit. That's my take on it.

oh hell no she doesn't belong at a public spectacle of a memorial. she shouldn't be expected to share her grief publically. she's as close as family not to mention a pop icon herself. they shouldn't have asked her to speak.:no:

Back