**Direct link to Sky News UK live HD feed - 5:30pm**

Thanks for this, is it a HD stream? I was looking around a few places to stream it online and the best quality I could find so far is www.tvcatchup.com

The link was mentioned on Sky News and the presenter said it would be in 'HD'. As the website in question is 'SkynewsHD' it would be fair to assume the broadcast will be in HD. Tvcatchup will be no-where near as good quality wise BUT it might be more reliable once millions start logging on the the Skynews link. Might be best to have both open and flick between them if one starts to act up on you.

The link was mentioned on Sky News and the presenter said it would be in 'HD'. As the website in question is 'SkynewsHD' it would be fair to assume the broadcast will be in HD. Tvcatchup will be no-where near as good quality wise BUT it might be more reliable once millions start logging on the the Skynews link. Might be best to have both open and flick between them if one starts to act up on you.

Just wondered because I've never heard of HD live streaming before. I'll assume for now that it is HD and not PD then. Think I'll take your advice on having them both up in case one starts playing up too.

Thanks

If the presenter said the live stream (i.e. internet stream) was going to be HD then he/she is wrong. It might be in higher definition than their normal streaming service, but it won't be in HD. They just wouldn't be able to handle the load on the server, plus most people wouldn't be able to download it at the required rate (due to slow home broadband) anyway, so there's really no point in even trying to stream in HD.

If there is a delay in the 'live feed' then it is quite possible to have an HD live feed. BBC have been providing HD Iplayer online for a while now.http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00lnxyj/hd/On_Thin_Ice_Episode_2/

Yes but that's different, the BBC I-Player doesn't provide you with a Live Stream - they upload a video in HD for you to watch hours after the program has aired. I know about the BBC-Iplayer HD because I have used it plenty. It's only a HD Live Stream I have never heard of.

Im watching the live feed now, its deffo HD. Its dependent on your connection as to which bitrate you get though.

Back